XIONISM: Post-Perspective

Omen Prince

8 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

I was simply annoyed that during the Arcas eventline you took opportunities and completely ran them off the road to run your own sideplots, as you did with various other projects we've worked together on. When there's momentum to try and build an antagonist that isn't terrible for once, I was really quite bewildered at the actions and attitudes of entitlement you were given with these set pieces.

Though, your work was not destroyed or brutalised by a reputation 'I' fostered, it instead has been something probably since at least the [TOS] Admin's tenure in staff trying to reverse and change some of the things that were under your care. Nozoa's alchemist cult was not destroyed by some staff agenda aswell. I am allowed to have my likes and dislikes for roleplay, but there was no systematic shutdown, and I do not believe peddling a false narrative of staff dislikes [or even my dislikes] can completely destroy aspirant lore communities like Nozoa's.

You know I actually recently discussed the matter with Johann and he dug up a screenshot of some of the roleplay that was conducted early into my attempts to wrangle everyone together, and one of the lines of dialogue included quoting "fear the Old Dark", and I cringed so hard that my teeth almost fell out and started dancing around. So I do recognized my unnecessary insertations into that project - you correctly believed that I jumped the gun on Abyss or Xion related and for this it is understandable that I was washed away from the situation.

These developments themselves are not something I should be pouty about to the extent of several years, as they were one of the several reasons why I transitioned into a more palatable Sorvian focus. For that reason I am thankful and I assume you are relieved that I have been exorcised of the ghost that compelled me to insert Xionistic ideas into canon. Not every issue has to remain some kind of bitter mound, and I am not one to pitter about and be regretful about losing out on opportunities when others have clearly opened up. Weird clay people and their mysterious nature and history were a nice fresh start to new ideas, which are vital to this community.

My scrutiny of how my work has been handled only really comes down to a lack of inclusion - as I mentioned, participating in worldbuilding aspects that I found a very interesting hobby in. But things have carried on in a manner that are inoffensive, no matter how much I bicker about little details on the wayside.

As for Nozoa's situation, it was only an example of how certain degrees of behavior from up high may reach down and effect the motivational drive to persist among players - there was no plot to suffocate his efforts on your behalf, this is clear. I do not see reason in blaming you or any small staff cadre (besides your mention of these administrators) for intentionally sabotaging people, I suppose it's just a matter of being careful what is said in the midst of someone rubbing their braincells together to produce something that has potential in the most generative and productive way possible in this game, which above all lore and canon will remain the act of cultivating roleplay.