The Oldoln Chronicles Volume I

Meb_KatYT

This story is my HEADCANON

It’s been a long time, friends. You may be asking how I am writing to you when I am “dead?” Well the answer is shocking. The truth is I never died. The gold block and the suicide note? Fabricated to keep your eyes away from my abduction. I didn’t find out how they made you think I was dead until recently when their whole plan went up in flames. 

The Skanarri are far more conniving than it would seem at first glance. How does this tie into me vanishing with a gold block in my place one night? Well to answer that question, we need to go back to before Balon was king, or before he even married Hilda. It all started shortly after it was announced that they were getting married. I was walking back home from the animal pen. I was getting wool in order to make some banners for my clan, as well as the ingredients for cakes for the celebration. Suddenly I was jumped by a couple of bounty hunters. I pulled out the Herald of Justice in order to defend myself but before I could do anything else a third one came up behind me and knocked me out. They dragged my unconscious body away while another group of roughly four or five stood by with a large gold block and a fake suicide note. Those were the very same ones you all would find the next day.

They tied me up and loaded me into a caravan headed for the center of Skanarri territory. Two days later I was offloaded from the caravan and carried into a fortress of some kind. I knew this wasn’t good and I began to struggle to no avail. One of the bounty hunters looked at me trying to wriggle free then turned and asked one of the others if they should have used chains instead. Not like it would matter though. I hadn’t had anything to eat or drink in two days and so I wouldn’t be going anywhere. As they handed me off to a guard they were motioned to follow him in. I noticed banners on the wall and recognised them as those of the Skanarri. As I was placed down I saw who had ordered my abduction. I recognised him immediately. It was none other than the High Chieftain of the Skanarri himself, Clygar Stonehead. He motioned one of the guards. “Make sure they are paid.” He turned back to me.

“Long have I waited for my grandchild to come home.” I looked up, glaring at him. “I think you got the wrong guy.” Clygar smirked. “Your father changed his surname to Taalios, did he not?” Fear shot through my body like lightning through copper. “You knew?” I gawked. “Yes… My son went through a great deal to avoid detection, but he failed to keep his facade up forever. As a result he is gone leaving only you, my bastard grandson to rise up and oppose me. A loose end. One that needs to be rectified.”

To be continued in volume II...