The Difficulty to Locate Lore

Salvius

I am almost certain this post won't gain traction, but I still want to complain for the sake of complaining.

Because of this I won't be making sure this rant is formatted correctly or is grammatically correct, simply because I could care less.

It is unnecessarily difficult to find lore regarding major religions, cultures, and etc that you know is real or true (especially old lore and such). This difficulty is only heightened for new players. The only significant update that I have noticed on the wiki since when I joined the server (2021) Is the pictures for the races were changed to look cartoonish. The Adunian page from what I have been told hundreds of times by old Adunian players when I have tried to get more involved in Adunian rp is "Ignore the Wiki. It's outdated." Instead, you have to look through the forums for this information. Yet to find this information you need keywords. And even if you use keywords sometimes there just isn't anything, like in regard to Creatorism looking up "Creatorism" gives you zero results. There also isn't any actual way to see if what someone posted is real and legit, or if it is just someone speaking nonsense for the sake of it. As a new player it was confusing and frustrating, and resulted in me just giving up trying to understand any in depth piece of lotc lore.

I personally see two solutions to fixing this (reviving wiki team or making lore submissions like magic submissions.

But it won't get fix cause seeminly no one on the staff team has remembered about the wiki and wanted to fix that issue.