A Poem Turned Epitaph [PK]

Orino

p_c4mw6Y5g6Q4UIxIUKX_SJj57wsFJeQSecA_8CG7NI1BmfzHIvrksxlO7YrQJTIMNn_bdAhZ7MtKt-wi1XHgLIJIkUGYd9Dwj0nLX1mKjCdaE_-QCxJ4kTueBeaw6tWkZf_kzPLxbIV-taBlG57Nqw

The sound of waves gently cascaded into the traveler's ear, a soft yet persistent melody of nature, awakening an innate desire for adventure and discovery.

As they walked along the shoreline, a cold stream's path converged with the coast, carrying with it an item of a tragic past – a battered journal. The traveller, intrigued, picked it up, marvelling at its age-worn cover.  

Softly, the journal urged itself open, as if beckoning an alien eye to peer into the heart of its tale. It revealed more than words and scribbles; it revealed a story, a feeling, and most importantly, a fate.

FDlpifJp_tELcJaaAOdeY-zozCJu5hEnBb3eMDRDptq4bT1ZeX-anmZxBeHb3p3lHe8Mrkl3bhV6lpp4aofqBdb4biKGB4ONoLnonzxo9H6y9JpvgO9AXdXDzau7NM9fSqeu-6jyAHWxg9PApYR87K4

Against the back of the ledger, ink seeped into the fibres, bearing witness to its keeper's plight.

Desperate for truth, he chased after shadows and whispers.  

pTA6as9LkGNmwcaxVR_1VfpqfR5KzvqsBZ00_pNj0Z2VtCxnESFud6vuxb-31ps1o7fUGwPivEeaQ_DfF46WjON8d1skBoYW-Az-CmK95-ouV2OR-erldTpFwiUvZ9fxJdijIcjBuox2uXslVzWHn44

4qYvuv8umYBQxYfu3otBUZgZNUIoFEo-WzYwTqTH-rE_TSRwygxPNhXg99GDBYByEfN8zHfUwldkcW_puLajLKnD4cDRClyreiMjT2vsgoi3CCDSCeMwM449h9fVRhRUWWT8F1wYEuF1rkvQvXPEhoQ

Incisions and gashes tore the soaked pages, echoes of the bites and scratches inflicted by a monstrous being.  

QCOjdXLqpiDvQwflHZxrynIU4uSKACtlecGrOP2nnTf3ekzA5G6U4cLKybgTWxt9PMdHCv0gZTcjF-JV6SwexHVNlqqNEXEqJzs2ew2rrO5-wmpg3el26G7UtFqGUHmIutso9X4JoT_0Jml2UJbBap8

X_LP8_FhoxORkCrN9JUS5TyGVeJpN6L7Y3HxVdrkj7CIVAfFI5zQIzYi9x362oZRreMYmajmAwmwQQJSY0qMlYHI2dAfY7xq8jAkvFRys-MYGlz1ZSNAesmiPGglHZ02Zm5bCihgI4YrRcn3eNPR9Cg

Be it a treatise on science or a restless reverie, all were subject to the ironclad ruler of logic and reason.

Each word and letter are arranged with such precision that one would be hard-pressed to detect even a sliver of sentiment within its rigid structure,

neglecting all emotion for a higher virtue.  

VxC7GkuBl4SVFqMNj9D1NddAO5XMSJjEFRMl7LzUjgFn6Q2VzKvn8n9WPKcZtC7OOGHwJZDhurY8Wyfue3stYtd7oUe2Prrs041RCH60EOz18i4kSJi0HC31Ig8G5gCHCGz8GtLkdby9pF96IeJ7nUw

hrrlPc40I3nHomfQaY5raZyErWy_J32IwdENkh3ncYezDub26CvrOa4aHf-nlIft8UfIK2LpwRz7PbpIAaXgmLjl0320jDsBpgohYf2vcwX6ZZpOWGLENeOkY-HlCeQzQe5YzvRS2joSoSjIOaQkLog

Words etched stream sometimes revealed:

“I don’t understand”,

“lost touch”,

misplaced and layered atop the countless studies.

As pages turned more screamed of liars, terrors and mislead, all blossoming with fervour and infectious spite. 

u6lEMiUb6-4FEq3pb5vuHkw3T2ZBIvZy70NKDoW7GqYJQPeu2uNZzprAYZyOpGopxE2yDsiR1_H4xwgI_rU5Y2cjlC7NyKOAfDa2PXwqhi6C62qOzgTqbz6bjdI27KqeWCdZh_81YKg1UbjisGUQXoY

9riBmql99dOBf-OlLJ7XjZoejS4Hal-DyzY9aVNMASSYyGnaBLh0VN0BuJDnb3O2U2_JkRKsOpAeEbEIoCt0cLQ4EH2kyEQSdpq1WElAMO1Oj2nJponj3eRxsJB5TSwhDUORyq4ZoOm927B4KqYPNOg

Steeped in the cold, unforgiving embrace of saltwater, the journal – much like its owner – found refuge in the waves.

Exhausted, and defeated, both were swept into the sea's serenade, submitting the story to the pull of the tide. 

Soon, a kind soul found the book and sheltered it, then shared its tale with all those whose names were present.

The notes awaited. 

@Periphonics

Spoiler

A letter would reach Fal'leon only by the brink of dawn, a folded parchment consisting of a few entries, telling of three different individuals, marking out their names and alliances for the seed trial, however the last entry was left unfinished and smelt strongly of salt water: “Esty Pashal”. 

@AmericanSniper52

Spoiler

The arrived paper would bear no significance at first sight, rather the opposite, having scribbles and drawings made before those were frantically scratched out. Amongst all, a single phrase repeated the most and underlined at the end:  

"Mal'onn, I couldn't understand. 

I'm sorry

@Pixicat

Spoiler

Floria would receive an anonymous letter, with nothing but a drawing of an eclipse made where a stamp would be. After unravelling it the following poem would be etched in paper, simply titled 

Ito Haelun: 

“Back then, you embraced me. 

Oh, how it all changed when you cut your hand on a thorn.  

You had sown a failure. 

And now backing away, throwing out all the sprouts of your work. 

Oh, dear, I don't blame you, just wish that you never knew me at all. 

I'm a monster. No need denying it, I'm at fault. 

Strangely, I cannot change it, to bend my own image to those who love lies.

A wrath soon awakens as I put on disguise.

Pick someone else to mould from the gault. 

Oh, the path I've woven, a twisted tale of distraught, 

In the darkness of deception, entangled, I was caught. 

This time, it's my turn to banish corrupt”. 

OOC:

Spoiler

I want to say thank you to all the amazing people giving me opportunities on Ithil’s “playthrough”, and especially big thumbs up to all who received the special letter, and to @TysCreations and to @UniBearse, your characters are especially cool to hang around with.

In the end, dread not, I will still come to haunt you *wink*. Till then, stay safe you awesome muffins!

A new tide fell on the beach, signaling disturbance.

The peace of death won’t last lost. 

Sitting within her new home staring idly outside the window of her bedroom with a deep melancholy sigh she glanced to one of her three wolves a large giant wolf with deep grey eyes, she gently pet the wolves head "Ahernan Kailu" she hummed to the wolf whom she had named after her father Kailu Kaeronin, the elfess opened the letter and would read through it, her already melancholy expression slowly turning with each word she read, her heart sank and tears fell down her cheeks, there was only one of her children this could letter could have been about, she stood only to collapse onto her knees a sob coming from her rosy lips, "I..Ithil..." the elfess sobbed out in pure despair, another child lost, and another thing she blamed herself for.

The 'ame stood by the side spotting his beloved reading a letter but would soon walk over, sitting beside her as he hugged her close. gently rubbing her back, not saying a single word, it seems more and more people are passing on in the family.

OOC:

Spoiler

eyo I get a special mention on a PK post!

Einhard stud silently on the beach, the battered journal in his old worn hands. his gaze squinting as he'd pass through the pages of the water damaged book. his head tilting as he'd look up over the horizon into the distance, the sound of waves in his ears as the wind blew through his long hair. "Ithil...my dear friend...your death was far too sudden and soon..." the old man would sigh, placing the journal within the pockets in his cape. "I'm sorry you never got to see the fruits of our labour blossom... but I will watch on in your honour" Turning himself on his heels he'd walk away from the waters edge. "your death will not be in vain...until we meet again."