MARSHAL'S ADDRESS OF 494 E.S

indiana105

THE MARSHAL’S

ADDRESS OF 494 E.S.

BZTBopS3JSP-TkftRgsn6KjAEU5ZWmPUDPFkMpWiTOkQAZNQBB0Rb0xmuA7B4aZzmCAqFxxOvf7jZ2ldgjhOP0GRabRV2Tk9WEiNHijUO3v5OVw2t2tbFST7m4FR4RZVt21yuJ5BgkLL_Rbkh1fW1w0

“I SHALL NOT FALTER.”

Written by the Hand of 

SER ARTHUR GANT

On the 21st day of  Gronna ag Droba of 494 E.S 

ON THE CAPTAIN

“To each freeman his own time,

to take it is to be a slaver.”

I have received multiple reports of troubling conduct by my Captain, Ser Audo Weiss. These range from slaughtering family pets to enslaving a sworn brother to his own will. Had this brother been born of flesh and blood, the Ser would be dead. He has been spared the rope only by virtue of ignorance. Admittedly the Haurul is not clear on the status of constructs. I shall be. Let it be known that any who have sworn the oath shall be treated as brothers, regardless of humanity. To bind them is to be a slaver, and to kill them is to be a murderer. Ser Audo is hereby stripped of the title of Captain and any who follow in his footsteps will be hanged.

ON RETIREMENTS

I extend my personal thanks to former Lord Marshal Wilheim Barclay and Sergeant Skaul macSkaul for their decades of leal service to the Dual-Kingdom and its Brotherhood. Both are hereby relieved of the title of Sergeant, and shall remain in our company as honoured Armigers. May GOD guide them in the years to come.  

ON INITIATION

As the Crown has not provided the Brotherhood with the books required to oath our men, I shall instate a temporary process of initiation. All Initiates from this point must prove their knowledge of Haeseni history and culture through a standardized test, administered by an officer of the Brotherhood. In addition to this, they must be trained to fight with pike and longsword, and shall be instructed in manning the gates. Only once they have proven their competence may they be eligible to be Oathed. If an Initiate cannot prove himself worthy within three Saint’s Weeks, and cannot provide good reason as to why, he shall be required to enlist again. 

ON PAY

I have convinced the Crown to allocate us a budget for pay. Any brother who regularly carries out his duties will be paid once per Saint’s Week, on the eve of Tov ag Yermey. Initiates shall receive five minae per year, and will receive a pay increase of five minae per promotion. It is expected of every man that he attend at least one regular training per Saint’s Week and perform regular guard duty on his own time. Those who man the gate are eligible for bonus pay of five mina.

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM,

Ser Arthur Gant, Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska, Knight of the Crow

"Hm, kinda deserved." Coments in regards to the first part before a loooong time after mumbling under his nose to finish up reading adding "Now were do I ask not to be paid... or will he figure that out with time..." Onion which never really took the fancy coins besides as suveniers questioned to himself

"Glad to see Ser Arthur taking things in hand." Wilhelm commented as he read the missive. "This is very much what I hoped to see from him. I shall have to bring the Landsers out to support him when I can."

"Now personally, I think Audo should be hung. BUT! That shall be by my own hands, not by some noble knight who got lucky every step of the way." Said the blindfolded man, sitting upon his throne.