When he is needed.

Pancho

When it is Time

-+-+-

As the dusk set on the keep, a sun's ray bounced off the shining armor of the automaton. He looked into the distance, beyond the mountains of Urguan where the Order had made their stead. The silence of the moment was deafening, a symbolic note to the state of the Golden Lions. As he looked around, he saw no one like him. Few Paladins ever ventured out of their rooms in the keep, even fewer came back to report. His brothers had long since gone, not being seen for many moons, as he had as well. Realizing what must be done, he returned into the keep, sealing himself off from the sun’s brilliant beams.

The corner he had made his home wasn’t much, but it was all he had in life. His brothers, his creator, even his friends seemed so far from him in the moment. He had planned to purge the world of the darkspawn he hated so much, yet it plagued him. He was blessed with life, never meant to be in the world. Yet, the humans threw it away so carelessly. Even curable curses to waging wars for fake power, the Descendants of the world never understood how precious life was until it was gone. 

After his dwellings on the subject, Justinian Belisarius Mundus knew what must be done. He understood that his time in the world had hardened him beyond what even his creator had intended. As the glorious behemoth sat there, he wrote some notes in Flexio to those he cared about most, then powering off. Few could hear the whirring of his gears come to halt as one last breath uttered the phrase,

Donec mihi opus

[!] Some letters would be distributed across the Keep in Flexio!

-=-=-

To my creator,

Spoiler

Dear Alatariel, I know that you have withdrawn as well. I will sit in this corner until the day I am needed, and I assume you will be needed then too. Safe travels, my dear creator.

To my brothers,

Spoiler

Dear brothers, we have all gone stall. Many of us lay doing nothing, as with majority of the Order unlike its prime. When the day comes of which I am needed, please reactivate me. Thank you brothers.

To Amelia,

Spoiler

You were one of my only friends in this life. You made me feel joy with your shenanigans. When the time comes, I will fight alongside you once more, friend. Good tidings.

The paladin shieldess recieved the words of the custodian, she wandering about in the Northern Territory, pondered more- she could not stay in the keep she had to compete the lords work

”let’s keep moving people- keep alert”

Amelia receives her letter upon her return to the keep, a solemn expression plasters her face as she tucks the letter into her desk amongst a pile of precious documents.

"Another Brother falls silent. When you next awaken you will be welcomed by a new order."

A letter is penned by the Paladin that night and left in a sealed envelop at the feet of the sleeping giant.

"Justinian, I too feel the crushing weight of our duty upon me even more so now as I feel hope and faith has run thin across the continent. Enjoy your rest for you have earned it.

I will continue to do my duty to make the realm a better place for when you awaken, so that the weight of the world is not so crushing.

I do hope that by the time you read this letter the halls around you are alive with celebration and when next you see the sun its light will be so bright that no darkness could ever manifest within its wake again.

If however I am no longer around when you awaken then know that I did not lie down and rest, I will fight until my last breath and for every brother and sister that lays to rest I will fight twice as hard even as fatigue builds and exhaustion overtakes me.

This is my promise to you and to all of our Brothers and Sisters.

- Your friend, Amelia."

Father Alexios, on far away Lemon Hill felt a strange sensation as he bent his neck over the Altar, studying the Holy Scrolls. The Akritian looked heavenwards for a moment as a storm pattered on the nearby stained glass and shards of lightning flashed in the gloomy dark outside. He furrowed his brows for a moment and wondered briefly about the golem he had met and their brief conversation in Flexio.

"Hm. Justinian Belisarius, what an old, old name."

he said simply, before he put his copy of the Scrolls away and retrieved a book on Flexio and cracked it open.

'I had better practice, I never know when I might see it again next.'

he thought, as he studied, utterly oblivious to unfolding events.

Edited by Mister_Gavin