THE THIEF'S RETURN

DIE RÜCKKEHR DES KATZAK

THE THIEF’S RETURN

8bAxWODO-1RAl8BngT9nla-etTKH-rafAQwVnYpzR6kR5Exnwc97iuhh6hQx8s0TAGWrVjcPfE46nsc0dkIKp7Xw4pnWAFmo5pZcUpRBw_OSxy98uef90wb70DwbKxliPePVnJ5AuGep4S6TLtlZVxY

Treacherous was the path ahead, heavy drops of water fell from the seven skies. Such had been the seasonal weather of the Heartlands for a while now, a blessing for the farmer who had no need to water his crops by hand, for it was GOTT’s own rain that tended to the canonist wheat.

The same rain had made the main dirt roads muddy, and the clouds above a melancholic shade of gray. In front of him stood tall walls, white as the snow of the mountains above, and before them stretched farmlands and farmhouses plenty. A familiar scenery to the cloaked traveler, a memory as far distant as his youth, for now he returned to the fatherland.

As he drew closer, the skies above Kanunsberg smiled the sun’s smile above him, the clouds began parting, welcoming yet another Minitzian son back home. For many suns and moons he had been gone, in search of purpose, in search of himself, and himself he had found. Born a bastard of the infamous Ludrik Katzak, Finn had never met his father, having only known of his origins through word of mouth. Yet, he knew that who he would be was most determined by who he was, and to know of such he ventured to foreign lands, tracing the stories he could hear of his father and his exploits, and then of his tribe, and finally of his Reinmaren brethren. To Reinmar his quest took him, and before the doors of the Reinmaren College he had found himself.

Welcomed as a son of a Reinmaren Lord of Arms, the young lad was taken by the Armorial Artists of the College, and was taught the ways of banners as his father had learned and taught. The history of his people he learned in detail, the many traditions unknown to him had now been presented before the Katzak, infamous for their history as tribal thieves and handymen. After some years, he had learned all stories and books could teach him, and so he departed once more, now to live as his ancestors did.

As the Katzaks before him, he trekked the mountains, living in caves and forests, where he found solitude. Few flasks he had taken since his departure from Minitz, all of them filled with “Soul Potions”, as the Reinmaren of old called them. Amongst nature he drank them, and his mind became exposed to his ancestors. He saw his father, and his father before him, tracing the lineage all the way back to Adem von Aschar, the first Katzak. His spirit conversed with them, and their souls conversed with his spirit. So did Finn spend many suns and moons, until he not only thought as a Katzak, but lived as one as well.

Having discovered himself, the man’s quest was finally over, but a new one had begun. So he took the road back home to Minitz, to touch the walls of Kanunsberg and to kiss them, for they were his origins. With much knowledge and ambition he returned, just in time for the new Lawmen elections of the Landtag, and after seeing many old faces, he decided to complete his ambition through the works of the Kanun…

yg00SWNl3ls4WRxwtDqW8IDhaimzeWIs8saNAMK6RMSDRa0oVwfFro1v8ddBH7XkcrJXhacM9dW0GnD7Cy9jd29IwcWy5LdHTEc_n2A_X40SOotGN6giH4FiA7Y8PJTS4fa_aIqq4Rki1GJugZB73tM

THE VON KATZANIK ADRESS

Written by Finn von Katzanik, Lawman Candidate 

in the year of our Lord 1949

SÖHNE UND TÖCHTER VON MINITZ,

Many of you do not know me, some of you remember me, some of you know my brother, and some of you have heard of my father. I have lived amongst the honorable tribesmen of Minitz for many suns and moons in my youth, and our Fatherland so that better I may have understood it. To the Reinmaren College I have studied, and like my father before me, learned the ways of Armorials and of Banners. To the mountains I have trekked, and amongst the tall trees of the forests I have lived, like the Katzaks before me. With my ancestors I have commuted, with Ludrik and Adem and Gelimar, as many of you have in your Spirit Trials.

Thus I return to the fatherland with the knowledge of our ancestors and their history on my shoulders, to see Minitz maintain its place as a beacon of our most honorable Reinmaren culture, of its nuanced traditions, of the songs sung with utmost love to Lady Reinmaria. For the Reinmaren is of Reinmaria, and Reinmaria is of the Reinmaren, to her I wish to dedicate my life.

And so I do wish to nominate myself for the position of the Lawman, which I so believed is to be held in voting for the next Moot of the Landtag. To write laws fit for the Grand Kanun of our forefathers, not only a Law Codex, but a holy book encapsulating the ways of our people, our culture and our history. Such I wish the Kanun of Venerable Leon Barclay to become, the past reiterations of which have been lost to word of mouth, but lives through the lives of those that follow it.

My fellow members of the Landtag, I ask that you look at me as one of you once more, a man capable of keeping alight the Reinmaren fire so passionately kindled by the first Herzog. Yet, I am not the man I was when I left, and as such, for the privilege of being re-Blooded amongst the Reinmaren I ask, to take the oaths I had taken as a child again, and to dedicate my soul to Minitz and Lady Reinmaria, to share blood with our Grand Prince, so that I may be loyal to him as you all are. For this I ask to be oathed under a new name, Reinmar von Katzanik.

GOTT MIT UNS,

Finn von Katzanik

Spoiler

x13iKz8.png?width=1048&height=662

"we're SO back" moment

"We're so back"

Spoke the Duke of Reinmar, Manfred Barclay, at hearing of the return of Katzanik. 

"We're so back." 

The Grand Prince of Minitz echoed his cousin.

"Towards a prosperous future." mused Helena of Numenost (f. Avalon) with a fond smile.