5 year AMA

SimplySeo

Screenshot_20231113_140643_Chrome.jpg?ex

I've spent half a decade on this shitty server. You may know me from such appearances as 'Edgy Dwarf' or 'Filthy Macecather' or several others.

Go ahead and ask me anything.

Which person has pleasantly surprised you the most after they initially seemed non-pleasant.

axes or hammers

best experiences as king, both dwarven and numendil.

1. If you were to turn one of your character’s story arcs into a novel, who would it be and what plot points would you hit? 

2. When is Curufin coming on an adventure with his grandma? 

3. Do you prefer completely original server lore or lore that draws heavily from pre existing things e.g. LOTR, Elder Scrolls

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

why

I had a falling out with my original friend group around the time I joined lotc, so 90% of my friends now come from LOTC, plus its one of the easiest ways to get natural spontaneous rp.

4 minutes ago, xMuted said:

Which person has pleasantly surprised you the most after they initially seemed non-pleasant.

Pretty much everyone I've befriended in human RP, along with all of the Rune clique and also you. People are more complex than first impressions. 

5 minutes ago, Reece Nolan said:

Why did you pick the dwarves of all things, and what got you to stick with it for so long?

Dwarves are one of my favorite fantasy races and one I've felt is underrepresented, plus I felt like they'd translate the best into MCRP.

Also, a combination of sunk-cost fallacy and stockholm syndrome.

1 minute ago, _RoyalCrafter_ said:

axes or hammers

best experiences as king, both dwarven and numendil.

Axes for aesthetic hammers for function.

Picking a single instance is hard but if I had to I'd say my favorite experience as Grand King was feeling that I had successfully turned a previously fairly memey race/nation into something serious, and having Jorvin be as intimidating IC as Urguan was oocly. Plus getting to kill a god was fun. That whole eventline was in hindsight, I was stressing over the hammer of urguan too much at the time.

For Numendil the best experience was feeling that I had inspired a solid generation of characters, and hearing people say in character how Uther was an inspirational figure. He's a real rags-to-riches character. No single instance comes to mind except maybe my coronation, the burning of barrowton, or my first royal court on Aevos.

11 minutes ago, Toffee said:

1. If you were to turn one of your character’s story arcs into a novel, who would it be and what plot points would you hit? 

2. When is Curufin coming on an adventure with his grandma? 

3. Do you prefer completely original server lore or lore that draws heavily from pre existing things e.g. LOTR, Elder Scrolls

1. Given Uther's arc going from a half-elf bastard squiring for a blind old man, to being the grizzled old king of an entire subrace, as well as being a typical 'hero' it would have to be him even if its a lil cliche.

2. Soon™ I wanna play him more, he just sort of lacks purpose rn cause i dunno what to do with him. The usual playbook of RP I enjoy doesn't translate well into Amaethine I think, and its hard to try new stuff when most of the players there are euro.

3. Nothing on LOTC is original and if someone claims it is they're lying. My Dwarf is based off WHF, my Elf LOTR, my human also LOTR, and my Undead is norse mythology.  I think its best to take the themes and tropes you like best and just try to translate them into LOTC as seamlessly as you're able. 

13 minutes ago, Papa Rock said:

What does "Seo" come from

Seosamh is my name in Irish, so my friends call me 'seo' for short and it just kinda stuck.

If you could weaponize a food what would you pick and why?

48 minutes ago, Turbo_Dog said:

If you could weaponize a food what would you pick and why?

I eat spicy food pretty frequently and that stuff already is weaponized

Why are the Glennmaer your favorite family in Númendil and whats the reason for your immense love for this great house?

1 minute ago, Laeonathan said:

Why are the Glennmaer your favorite family in Númendil and whats the reason for your immense love for this great house?

never ask pepto what happened to mordred

1 hour ago, Demented_Delila said:

What are some of your favorite memories from our time in the Barrowlands? Events, interactions, etc. 

burning of barrowton and the coronation, hands down.