Bring back some form of ST Material mining

AlaricGrimgold

-1 nodes were exploited by individuals who left their alts in the mine. Then destroyed it when others found it. Just go events and hope the ET is nice enough to give you a bar. Sadly that’s how it is for now.

mfw ET did both mining nodes and events last map

14 hours ago, TeawithFrisket said:

-1 nodes were exploited by individuals who left their alts in the mine. Then destroyed it when others found it. Just go events and hope the ET is nice enough to give you a bar. Sadly that’s how it is for now.

Did you just choose not to read where I said don’t allow people to destroy your nodes? You are the team who controls that, you can’t allow them to do it, then complain they did.

I was lucky enough to be able to harvest from a lunarite node twice during a timezone most folks weren't online. Maybe implement some "If a ST request has been made by a off cooldown node, the place has been roleplay and pvp locked" aka no bandits or such can come and intervene due to the fact a player has been waiting for like 2-5 hours for an ST to claim their request. But I also look forward to see how these events are going to be held and how they will work. Will certain playerbases get more events due to bias or is it thought out fairly? 

On 11/19/2023 at 3:14 PM, DrakeHaze. said:

Fairly certain the ST material nodes last map were heavily camped by a small group of people as you've said, and allot of the materials brought over from last map have still not be made or used for things.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:24 PM, Greehn said:

-1 it was a bad system that was easily exploited by sweaty individuals.

Both of these are correct, pointed out by wowj, a large amount of ST material is just collecting dust. The list is from this thread, showing there is definitely a lot of material floating around, though it is never really seen except in the hands of a few groups.

78 Lunarite Ingots

69 Lunarite Ore

58 Raw Salium

51 Raw Thanhium

45 Volatite

39 Azhl Ore

26 Azhl Ingots

16 Thanhic-steel ingots

13 Boomsteel (varying density) ingots

8 Warped Ruibrium 

7 Bluesteel ingots

6 Carbarum Ore

5 Carbarum Ingots

3 Argentum 

Dracanium/Dralachite unmeasured but in raw form, a ballpark of ~50 in raw dragon parts and <10 for refined ingots.