"WICKEDNESS CANNOT UNDO WHAT WICKEDNESS HAS DONE" | Sermon

GoodGuyMatt

Bw_lkx9hI4KfvC-GNjL4x8H7FB2vm-GPk-pqK5mpJDgj9pxE9QM7QyXVl5AwFhqX4jnIOowVKOvTbJQnJRH4UaddazpBnDy4QmxmYcVxQNTS8jsio98HMpPrurwhdRAaypYX8YBEulrKyKzzlJTU9xA

“WICKEDNESS CANNOT UNDO WHAT WICKEDNESS HAS DONE”

“BOSHEIT KANN NICHT RÜCKGÄNGIG MACHEN, WAS BOSHEIT ANGERICHTET HAT”

Scribed by

Hieromonk Osvald of Gelimar

in the year of our Lord

With the blessing of

Brandt Cardinal Albarosa

if-0Mrhml0-lX83C1Wzc6oC5ZYTvzJtNrat-ds5AOYoymPuJL5ppErwl_Y4_F1aH7t-BXEH0kIclZvXWFBnRT5CP6vHUSAjq_TkpbkkFdShAKxIqperuR3YJxZyquo8IjLzK1_hYeesO09OQsNM5KhA

cQO03GwNXsicISfo2pQ_Z9dbspuNHMatV3gQLCKCBUoTgSN1MzrOAG72lDPcGNZRNkwBa9u5UTHAYqh8pZNHQgJneJx0qzeZ_U13SZmCEjRtc_iI81os4dtfyrreWuaAS9-QSGbiwcCIcVMhwP4dMNw

if-0Mrhml0-lX83C1Wzc6oC5ZYTvzJtNrat-ds5AOYoymPuJL5ppErwl_Y4_F1aH7t-BXEH0kIclZvXWFBnRT5CP6vHUSAjq_TkpbkkFdShAKxIqperuR3YJxZyquo8IjLzK1_hYeesO09OQsNM5KhA

The following is a transcript from the reading of the Gospel and the following Sermon during the Mass in St. Johann’s Chapel in Minitz before the 2nd battle of the forces of the Coalition and Veletz.

BRÜDER UND SCHWESTERN IN GOTT,

Wisdom! Let us attend! Let us listen to the Holy Scrolls. Peace be unto all. The reading from the Holy Scroll of the Gospel!

Glory to Thee, O Lord, glory to Thee!

“So it came that a noble scion, pure of blood and faith, entered the land of Renatus. He was called Godfrey, for he brought GOD’s peace. Godfrey wept at the sin of his people, and he took up his mace to purify them. But the Aengul Eshtael descended. And Godfrey spoke “Will you give me the horn and laurel which is the heritage of my line? I have kept our faith, but Aegis is lost and the Grotto of Gamesh with it. No holy water may purify the sins of this world: I am unworthy.” But Eshtael said “Lo, wickedness cannot undo what wickedness has done. Your home shall never return in your life. But know that God is great, and the waters of Gamesh are His creation. He names the pure and the impure, the good and the evil. He names you His prophet, Godfrey of the line of Horen.” (Gospel, 6:11-21)

Glory to Thee, O Lord, glory to Thee!

So we have heard the word of the Gospel, my children, a fragment I believe to be most important in these days of war and hardship! Many of you will go to battle tomorrow, to fight for your respective Kingdom or Principality, perhaps some of you even for the glory of God, our Lord.

I stand before you not to speak of politics of any sort, or to condemn anyone for waging war or defending against it, for these are not matters of spirit or my expertise. If you have to fight and spill blood, let it be so. But I repeat to you the words of Eshtael, the Aengul of God “‘Lo, wickedness cannot undo what wickedness has done.” In order to fight wickedness, you yourself must, at the very least, be pure of heart. How can we be pure of heart when we go to spill blood from the creatures of God? It is by doing so without hatred in our heart! 

Hatred is not a Godly feeling, my sons and daughters, for it was Iblees who first hated, and he “fled into the Void, for he hated the glory of GOD” (Gospel, 1:26). What is God’s glory then? His being and all that has come from his hand, all that was built by the Word of God our Lord. That is, all the land and the earth, and the descendants that dwell it. Thus, hate not the work of God’s hands! Instead, be wroth at the curse of Iblees, at the sin, for GOD too was wroth at Iblees when he strayed, but he hated him not. 

Hate the sin, if you must, but not the creature of God. When you face your enemies, think not ‘Ah, what devils they are!’, for you go to war not with darkspawn and the spawn of Iblees, but with your spiritually estranged brothers and sisters. Feel compassion for them, pray for them, so that they may see their error, raise not your mace to purify sin, for God did not allow Exalted Godfrey to do so! Are we higher than the Exalted, more righteous? No! Instead, raise prayers to the Lord our God for the salvation of your ilk, for we are all sons and daughters of Horen, with whom God made a covenant, and wish not death upon any of your brothers, but wish for their salvation.

“LO, WICKEDNESS CANNOT UNDO WHAT WICKEDNESS HAS DONE!”

GOTT MIT UNS

Osvald the Sinner

Ferdinand Barclay thoroughly enjoyed this mass, for it felt very protestant!

2 minutes ago, HugoAntero said:

Ferdinand Barclay thoroughly enjoyed this mass, for it felt very protestant!

Perhaps time has come for Ferdinand to learn his Canonist denominations better...

image.png?ex=6586093f&is=6573943f&hm=fce

1 hour ago, GoodGuyMatt said:

Perhaps time has come for Ferdinand to learn his Canonist denominations better...

image.png?ex=6586093f&is=6573943f&hm=fce

Bishop Alexios, tipped his Mitre to the Hieromonk, from one Orthodox Canonist to another.

Invigorated by the Homily, he penned a letter to the man!

ἄξιος!

AXIOSBrother Osvald!

I write to you this day from Veletz, for a copy of your Homily has reached me through the siege lines. Glory to GOD, that it has done so for I find it's message universal and it's contents very pertinent! Words on parchment alone cannot describe the depths of the sorrow and tribulation I have felt over this War. Nothing is so sad as a Canonist waging War against his fellow Canonist. I weep for the family of GOD, for it is most beautiful and wonderful when Brothers dwell in unity and love.

I pray that this madness comes to an end soon, for the only regret I feel from reading your Homily is that I did not get to experience it in person!

Keep us in your prayers Brother Osvald,

His Imminence,

Bishop Alexios

P.S. Magnificent Vestments, if you'd mind sharing your tailor I'd be delighted to be one of their patrons!

Edited by Mister_Gavin

Verónica Weiss enjoyed the mass, and felt lighter after her confessional