[Event] Dragon in a Birdcage

TreeSmoothie

Spoiler

XZWMC3VgqNRxSNqsLIoX7EGLivzuuvjFnKP_F3MsjdwlwO1OnXLMVYyZZDg_el9Ry8mmR9R_NbwgfJ38CL-9dGRcCjJPUNTIR_6R5U2z8-THYO37iGoH8M8SbWlDdQPGJQdBfmN5Xz7FzRbkAGQDPVLQNswOqvdrfuNm55vHeRqVuI7petVwgRCIDfiA_g

5KYDlDSmkswoSAQ59cedeSMZVnFD7dqaGx7k5Q7pYGVZiEyJfVzzpfN-QMfXaw33_OpaDwD70GB3mnSsPcefUzXYstvemrLbfeamDRtXPWpsQpXOSazp9a3-Nj6B_92YwjF7yB3PYwpCG0qBA4DLnv2pKWMd5T_ajHmwrrEqlI8pU95L_isGSbfbk7QEkQ

In the dead of night, the tranquil Balianese countryside was laid waste to amidst a clash between the Armada and the bandits that plagued the realm; a rift bore itself between the earth and sky, and out spat red-hot flames that targeted soldier and thief alike. Explosions shook the earth, leaving craters so deep one could stand in them – the jousting ring thoroughly destroyed. The sky over Balian was black for days. The outcome was disastrous, and as the handful of survivors: Balthazar, Alfonso Galbraith, and a number of bandits  fled, the leader of that troupe took one John Augustus Galbraith as prisoner after finding him fainted in the bushes.

In the days following, a metal drake would visit Portoregne, a raggedy letter held within its maws sent by the Royal Legate  . . .

“HELP ME!!!”

ympLkihRLnwF2-8E8pXzsFCWiooR5f9hJQBaKxW8yXQB5XDShYYs7hN_Q7GJwjBHuG2WHQMMIvt8Ju8lWPfUwCN4p3-UF4SZyKRy7EP5vv2t2sZ5V2MO6L45D-Zq_ouezv1a87sQu0li0cq--ms14J8vzF-JHR_7krHoQt0poY-mpWdJUMviB4KyK9ASaQ

[!] A depiction of a very sad Royal Legate. You presume he drew this himself.

Comrades! I’ve survived the battle with those wretches – but I’m taken as hostage within Fort Alexandros, they’ve overthrown the place whilst we were prepping for the next field battle. My current guards aren’t quite literate, so they don’t suspect anything of this ‘strange art piece’ I’ve sent you all, but … I don’t what they plan on doing with me. I’m scared. I have little food and water. I cannot move, my legs are broken. Worst of all, I have no lotion for my [pristine] skin nor cucumbers for my eyes! I’M ALREADY BREAKING OUT! I  MISS MY BESTEST FRIEND, RHYS! And my family. Please, save me!

- John 

[OOC EVENT INFO]

Next Wednesday (December 20) at 3 PM EST!

Rally in Balian’s capital.

The Count of Marsana glanced at the missive. "How does one fall so far that he has to make his own missive for his capture?" 

Just now, oryP said:

The Count of Marsana glanced at the missive. "How does one fall so far that he has to make his own missive for his capture?" 

John cannot wait to be reunited with pookie.