A Journey of Understanding

Alioth72

These pages are extracts from Fagh's notebook, the writing looks more carefully done and with less smidges than other previous notes.

Diary of Fagh

16th The of the Grand Harvest, SA 160

Never knew much about our spirits until some years ago, and I didn't know much about how others view spirits: when the Mothsam accompanied me for the first time to Rahtu-ma, I only knew of our way, our culture, and it was taught to me that it was all that I needed for it was the will of Krug. Also, from my understanding, our Rex and Rahtu-ma do not get along very well, so the decision of is own advisor to expose me to that culture was unexpected, but not unwelcome.  Why? Maybe because I asked him for some foreign understanding, but he could have gone with the elves, who have great shamans too, like Ember. Instead he chose Rahtu-ma.

Atemu-Ta is what they would call the Pharaoh of their people, the leader and a powerful Netjer, which is apparently a couterpart of our shamans, but more religion-oriented. He is a very serious elf, but has always been polite and helpful to me, and even though our cultures may differ greatly he made the effort to make me understand and learn.

Mind you, I'm still going to follow the will of Krug, and will always consider him greater, but it was also polite for me to pay respects to the gods he was so thuroughfully explaining to me-ah yes, Rahtu-mans consider them gods, not spirits. this was a distincion that Atemu deemed very important.

He firstly taught me of Tetu, a Sphinx that protects their city against their spiritual enemies, then of his wife Kalthet that helps more in times of war: even through our differences, we at least have a common enemy that they call Isfet and we call buurz, but it's just chaos with different names. He then brought me into this fancy shrine to a goddes tho them most dear: Ahura-ma, the goddes of freedom, which her priesthood hepled to abolish slavery and servitude. We also don't have slavery anymore, and I'm too young to remember a time when it was still done, but it's not as big of a deal as the Rahtu-mans.

Their gods, as our spirits, are not always in agreement with each other, and an example of this is Ahura-ma and Hestor, the god of purity and healing: the first believes in freedom above all, and would prefer to kill rather than imprison or take away the freedom of anyone, even the buurz, but Hestor seeks to purify and eventually capturing darkspawn for sacrifice, wich takes away their (not so deserved in my opinion) freedom and goes in contrast with the basic principles of Ahura-ma. 

He then brought me into this very fancy shrine, it had tall walls and the roof painted as the desert night sky: it was the shrine of Ka-tau, their most important god, lord of sunlight and creation. The huge statue depicting him had a flaming staff they called Ankh. which means life to them. It was very curiuos to me, seeing all that similarities and differences between our spirits and their gods, none of them less tue then the other, but clearly given a different importance. 

He then showed to me the shrine of Hestor, with fountains of clear water and a countinous, faint sound of cow hooves. She is a bovine purifier, and a fierce enemy of buurz. This is also why the shrine was well protected, as it was the primary target of attacks from various chaos forces. We also have a spirit called Scorthuz, that is more of an unforgiving buurz hunter and has water as his symbol of purification and cleansing.

I will seek on learning further of that and more, for my neverending curiosity, the sake of communing better with the spirits and for maybe appease Theruz, the spirit of Knowledge and intellect.

"Fagh is a kind brudda. I wish him well in his exploration of the greater Forms of reality. Though he is yet green, one must never forget we were all green once. Purity and bruddahood guide him" Stelios of the Hyptos raises a cup of wine and water for the goblin after the dinner they partook in together. 

The Yargoth took a pause from her usual book-sorting tasks. Stepping outside the library, she saw the Goblin coming back to Orcgrimmar. He did, indeed, look like he had learned a lot.

“Hozh, hozh…” she hummed to herself. “Hi ahm expanding hiz grukkin ob dah Uzg alryth'” she grinned, before heading back inside.