Fallen From Her Nest [PK Post]

GnGvRdE3jZ1Dhu0cyTl-AMylV3QQ4TOGtaO3DFwpDF-YCp_lKXz4C4eKdGjZgTFvEqjHMnkrUv_c3xTyFwoawTlhOPTBbsCGlpx9XEsdXt9rERxMM7JEsXSn1WJqenvg8GGjzD0PCZ3m6-1uZUX56Rc

Y-h1J64fxBfIYos_MiX659WRuy9ZC30qXh0cyNvxB2GtGUUS7Aa8lGSRRM5OW9tcb1fVIq5UrvLcM3K_EQT_EL0vpjofiHuGvQnYs_cs6Kb-W-1NMjz_uzpOFNjS0Usl-57FpLqYamDIvN3HlHxG3_Q

_NULPKWM4hESGqTUigfGmmpRRrVZ6wR1Mawhts-8QJtDNA0kH5RShHmderrTB6PCSwUKOAceMbghxtd7jwXIGH1hVQdz6IHczfAztUOuxqnx8jn6Un8kfM7pIb_8H-AQV3DWU6igyFLPPgt41z71htg

Display of the House Korvacz Crest

Together, We Prosper.

Oom4oQA3XVIXCYGeH2uB7UHbgBwBkzj5CQzlS2-JLGKjIwbWeBE7N5ZaJHHIlol1q8Q0IMkbrGvu5v841LQDLoVprsk2TQSzjUcnALaM6IdhegBlbXpQyN7slUzGCmz1M22TOu_o3F0J1FG8ykQ1qrY

657i6M1RKbQ41nA_emQhGn3usX_fzPx1-JJk-ERPALHCH-Ax_qijXZPXPKA8Q2BETmsmzKGr2kJgMYqfDhRkauf49_ubj8b8RLFrhoBZoYtPlieITrcPagXC-cUhCp3GVctrq7I2X_AZ1pIoJ1wcHgk

1st of the Deep Cold, 1908 - 6th of the Sun’s Smile 1959

Oom4oQA3XVIXCYGeH2uB7UHbgBwBkzj5CQzlS2-JLGKjIwbWeBE7N5ZaJHHIlol1q8Q0IMkbrGvu5v841LQDLoVprsk2TQSzjUcnALaM6IdhegBlbXpQyN7slUzGCmz1M22TOu_o3F0J1FG8ykQ1qrY

Spoiler

Fifteen years. It had been fifteen years since the passing of her Richard and nothing had changed. The pain and regret that gnawed away at the widowed Raevir was like none she had experienced before and loss was not a foreign concept. A husband, a brother, a sister, a duke, a friend, a hound. Her mind racked with faces, ones unforgettable that perhaps even the slowest of turns left her dizzy with their memories. Xénia had rewritten her loved ones a thousand times over. She could not recall the last time she had looked into her son’s eyes or her niece’s visage without constant reminder of what was no longer hers. What she had begged GOD to prevent had plagued her and she wondered what grave sin she had committed to perhaps experience his wrath. Though dwelling on the idea prevented her, and children raised themselves in the meantime as she consumed herself.

Rage and hollow had become all she was aware of. 

It became routine to wander into the woods no matter the time or weather, nothing but her axe in hand, the blade freshly sharpened. Massacre occurred and oftentimes she returned caked in some creatures' blood. Xénia had become stained and could not afford to be seen as such. She did not want her loved ones to see the wrath that had crept into her once innocent soul. She did not want them to see that the flower of Korvacz had wilted, that their small rabbit was no prey, but a predator against the weak. In times when she was accompanied, her existence became null and unlike her teenage days she returned home spotless, without a kill.

A mindset had settled eventually, she was no longer looking for her sister or a way to vent her pain. Rather, she embraced it and hoped one day she would swing… and miss. That whatever beast she wished to take life from would return the favor. Care for herself had ceased. Her son, Loránd, was safe. Her parents had what they wanted. Xénia’s titleage was no more and as much as she wished to curse her brothers for leaving her with it, similarly, they were gone, only one returning.

No longer did she need to care. Not as she had done to herself for most of her life, but for those within it. She was much too prideful and vain to concern herself with her own wellbeing. It bit her on the behind and eating became difficult and she stirred often in sleep, finding herself growing nocturnal and comforted by the solitude of the stars. She had settled, and routine filed back in.

As the moon lit the sky, Xénia carefully removed her wedding band, staring at it with glazed eyes. A gentle kiss settled on the sapphire upon it before it was left on her nightstand where she’d put it on once more upon returning. She stumbled down the stairs in her silent ways, heading into the kitchen where she wrapped a small meal of leftovers, made by her and her niece in cloth, tying it in a knot around her belt. She moved away towards the front door, watching as her hound, Laura, stared back up at her, a bone from her brother within the dog’s maw. Her weary mass leaned down to the old girl, offering a few pats to the head as she whispered, “Stay girl, watch my life….” Reaching over, her fragile fingers curled around the axe’s handle and stood. A glance was offered to the rest of the house, not her home, but she knew the people within it were.

With a final adjustment of her cloak she left. She assumed the night would entail a hunt or simply a wander. Xénia did not know it would be her last, or a slaughter.

Her trek was long, into a forest beyond Haense. A distant stare had settled as she made her way through, unaware of the hungry eyes that tracked her. The woman had lost touch with her hunting days, rather the only thing she could hear was her own heart, thumping heavily in her ears and providing ache to her temples. Only at the rushing steps behind her was there a sudden acknowledgement that once more, the Baroness Emeritus had become prey. 

The day prior, she had encountered its tracks with her other niece, her brother’s daughter. In her rain chilled and blood soaked state she assumed the tracks had been old and she was dead wrong.

The bear, a foe she was familiar with and had killed once before, in group and on lonesome. Though in those days she cared, and now, maybe she started to again. Her grip adjusted on her axe and as she drew it up, the weight became present in her hands and she fumbled back to the ground. Just barely had she managed to get her weapon above her for some source of protection, afterall, she donned no armor. Claws dug at her shoulders and arms, the unbearable weight of the beast hunkering down on her midsection and a pained wheeze escaped from the woman. Her handle settled against the bear’s throat, just keeping its maw from ripping her face from her skull. Its mouth foamed and her eyes traveled quickly, pain beating in her head before they settled onto the bear’s.

The sky. Not the night one she had become accustomed with, but the day and its light. She had seen it once before in her husband’s gaze and with the realization, her elbows sunk back to her form… and her grip loosened. As she had wished to do all this time… she finally let go. 

Within those final moments, the mention of a promise rang low in her ears, the final conversation she had participated in. She had promised something. What was it? That she’d start over again, that she’d be better. Her eyes widened slightly, though it was too late. Perhaps she’d have to fulfill such utterances in her next life. Hopefully her mother would be her mother again, and hopefully they could be happy with themselves. Xénia was sick of regret, her eyes closing in acceptance.

Not even a scream of agony could have left her, as in a swift moment and a crack barely distinguishable beneath the groans of the goreing animal, she was gone.

Last Will and Testament of
657i6M1RKbQ41nA_emQhGn3usX_fzPx1-JJk-ERPALHCH-Ax_qijXZPXPKA8Q2BETmsmzKGr2kJgMYqfDhRkauf49_ubj8b8RLFrhoBZoYtPlieITrcPagXC-cUhCp3GVctrq7I2X_AZ1pIoJ1wcHgk

Issued by Patriarch,

wMumfsGSMVlBIwwlo0HabtE-bWDEOhCT8f-tErMhw4oZ88cNlyAifnerQsjAdSZbE6Lq5sdVEr3z_sHWJ5cRc4VuiHHC1gL2uTaBtfseJlfEIUfEWF2JUAG866JO7BUlHQFKMEWg6BeMfGQKIDXo4Mo

C. 6th of the Sun’s Smile, 1959

nCLbHV5nxcWtgAQ_WrPmkYqUVf5nPO0mroCjSe43vyBhNnX3M_itO32vNKXDQxLQ1w3h8dPWe_sTQNaeDnuNVdrq3vHfMUekTqCVfSV4-IyErkQfmOpg6kFa0BtmkHoJlh-CEsysigXStOqK2O28sjs

K7plVZba0oQ8l-d7ATbjEGUwbN_P-kI3pkrylqB9OKowBSKjSE_TisHXZVs9hndwazCOflmsbVt9DxkdknTIa10Mq6l_hOX-lMBgUlqtKI5_McV8Mx5ubuDuESnhn0jZqbZkLDp793iE-yes7znAoxQ

The recent passing of my husband has brought me many plagued visions and I cannot help but feel death tails closely behind myself as well. Loss is inevitable and the confusion with it only worsens the feeling of dread that reaps one's soul. In a moment of clarity only then did I realize with the organization left for me to carefully sort through that I would not have to rip up the floorboards in search of answers. Similarly, I wish to not do the same to those close to me upon my departure to the Seven Skies if GOD wills me. With such notes, the following should be taken into account.

What titleage or influence of mine remains upon the time coming shall fall to my parents, Sir Miklós Korvacz and Rozsika Korvacz. From such a point on they will decide when my son, Loránd Korvacz II, is befitting of taking the duties bestowed upon him. I plead to wait for him to be wed to an individual willing to take the Korvacz name as I do not wish for him to carry such weights on his own. If they do not believe him well-suited, they are free to pick from my siblings and their children.

Heirlooms belonging to myself that were granted to me by the Von Leopold family are to be dispersed amongst my children, Loránd Korvacz II, Franziska von Leopold, and Miklós von Leopold, as they see fit amongst themselves, hopefully in an even manner. Heirlooms belonging to myself that were granted to me by the Korvacz family are to be dispersed amongst Loránd Korvacz II, Arisztid Korvacz, his children if the time arrives, Ramóna Korvacz, and her children if the time arrives.

The remainder of my wealth is to be put into the estate that my parents, Sir Miklós Korvacz and Rozsika Korvacz reside in at the time of my passing. To pay taxes or remove themselves from debt if need be.

Unlike my husband, I cannot bring myself to write my goodbyes individually. I know my words would never be enough to describe the indescribable love and compassion I feel irreverently for those dear to me. All I ask is that you do not weep and take my passing as a stepping stone to reach for greater heights. The stars are not your limit, and I cannot wait to see you all again.

8ykcUtYcPFsFzqQ2s3CpOuMKOv8qwJL63caYZiOIoxEiA_2yCBBOzvRAbgM_nCutyqtdJG2qtVwQGXpfiOx3HcQmOIZJ5S5TW6rg31GwG74bk34ZOKUI7-sElsNbQb18hMnAxTgzBUhUq8UOoTIkLMU

0XtQyQAbPfp8QqNrF4zVNJdRJTCWSsaMVlO8-3j6ehZizNZANt4VbGLPt19iyWdaErkTdGJqfyLt7WUGEQCTzDvnkijlfFM0ElfKZEl7kq_TRzOHLEiN871fjK8p-piP7lo3wCwOthzQmqcyesVUFiQ 

Xénia Korvacz 

wMumfsGSMVlBIwwlo0HabtE-bWDEOhCT8f-tErMhw4oZ88cNlyAifnerQsjAdSZbE6Lq5sdVEr3z_sHWJ5cRc4VuiHHC1gL2uTaBtfseJlfEIUfEWF2JUAG866JO7BUlHQFKMEWg6BeMfGQKIDXo4Mo

Sir Miklós Korvacz 

9PDIt1ME8KyIbKWwgvwUGHzrm1RT-wv570Rxq-XCEkLckyS5YA7o2KRyQ9tyB3MYdBmjNrFQFBpabFRo2Ik5s0eJvi7ppaWIqwGWLlhbmF5t4Qpd0wfNKVFQA7jlWRObahe5n9Jvb82nitE9-kNSXHg

Spoiler

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who had made my time roleplaying as Xénia enjoyable. I could not have asked for better roleplay partners and individuals to welcome my first character to the server. I feel like this was a fitting end, as sad as it is, but I hope whichever character comes next in loss of Xénia that they’ll be treated just as well as she. Together, We Prosper. Long live Korvacz. Love you all <3

Rozsika Korvacz was not a stranger to sorrow. In her youth, she likened it to a curse upon her or a monster. Something always lurking, waiting to snag her up when something went wrong. As she grew older, however, she realized sorrow was more like a shadow that shared the same steps as her.

It followed her through life, even when she wasn’t looking at or thinking about it. She felt sorrow not just because she lost someone or something, but because she loved them. Love shed the light she needed in life, while sorrow was the shadow in its wake. And she loved her daughter so much. In time, that motherly love will outweigh the sorrow and leave Rozsika thinking fondly of Xénia again, but that fondness comes with healing. For now, Rozsika is hurt.

From upstairs in the Korvacz residence, after the news of  Xénia’s fate, there was a sobbing that even wood struggled to muffle.

Ser Miklós Korvacz gripped the parchment in his hands, his fingers curling and crumpling the Will that his daughter had wrote many years ago. He never, ever thought it would be needed while he was alive, for he prayed to GOD that the day would never come again when one of his children died before he did.

But another had.

The old knight sat at his desk in their new home, his glasses ajar atop his forehead as he covered his eyes with his hand. He cried out for the daughter he had lost. All the love he had for his Xenia, and how proud he was only made his sorrow that much deeper. Perhaps a time would come when he would look foundly upon their memories together, but that time would not come soon.

The Hound felt nothing but sorrow and despair for the loss of his eldest daughter, and a spite for the aninmal that took her from this world. It was time for him to go on a hunt that day.

Francseszka would seclude herself in her room. All that could be heard was the quiet squeaks of the floorboards and the woeful wails of her grandmother. She could do nothing but stare out the window, rubbing the ring that had been left to her by her beloved aunt. Tears wouldn't even dare to sting her eyes in the state she was in, replaying the moment she found what remained of her aunt out in the forest. The memory of not being able to hear her ear piercing scream and wails - as her uncle came to shield her once innocent eyes. The slow and warped walk back to the town to lay her aunt to rest. Everything replays in a loop behind the Korvacz's eyes. 

All she prays now is that her aunt is with her loved ones she had lost, and that she is finally at peace from her mind. She still bakes those muffins, leaving one for Xenia. 

Edited by RingAroundRosey
Finished

Peter, the brother-in-law of the late Xénia grimaced upon reading the letter of her death. Peter had been caring for her son, Miklós von Leopold, since his twin's demise. And even in the last week, he had just exchanged letters with Xénia arranging for a meeting between the two in-laws, although busy with other matters, Peter left the letter to sit on his desk. An action he knew he would regret for a long time. 

Edited by FireAGN

Franziska who just got a letter from her uncle about the passing ran to Petra to find him to talk, she could not believe the news not after the wonderful day she was having, tears sting against her cheeks, it was hard to breath. She manage to find herself in a place she never though of going too, but it was important to be here, she could only hope to find answers

To be the one to find the corpse was like an astronomer watching the light fade in the skies above. "Nothing can get in your way, not even the stars," a sentiment expressed to Arisztid by his mother. But he never worried about this — His siblings were deemed his stars and were anything but obstacles.

A relatively small constellation but one which defined beauties and strengths untold; that's what they had been to him. But one after another, those stars dimmed, their lights vanishing as quickly as they began to shine. It was too soon. All he had been was a moon, orbiting within the rotation of his kin's luminaries, and although he reflected light, he never imagined having to scour for it himself.

Xenia had contained a blaze, one which Arisztid, alongside his niece, was the last to see burn out. Juniper grass dirtied with sangria-colored blood. Had he been too slow to quell the fire? Had his hand stayed when it could've settled the flames? All things he'd never know the truth behind, though things he'd brood over for years to come.