[✗] [Alchemy Addition] Stifle Ointment

SlitheryC1

KOV45LJJqJO_Vh4WiRoa0Cf7hPtVFaGaFoYe2g4GdYFyGjjQe1CAYZRt3ZUWYowZdrptjW662OuoFrNf1gqh_I65hN-3RXui81-njyIO_0y7wXnMLkprkJBSDVIAB-dtVV_fBSus9zEy3nVqPbhYP0o

Stifle Ointment (Rare, T3)

Background
Discovered after much experimentation by a many a goblin messing about with paddfoot & alchemical solutions consisting of freshly extracted symbols intent on giving themselves new options to skulk around the orcish city unnoticed. it shares the sound numbing capabilities of Paddfoot, and when released directly into the air around it, it makes the air more dense- giving sound (& sometimes light) a harder time to pass through the effected area.

Recipe

Base: Paddfoot Salve x1

Air | Silence x2
Air | Curtailment x1
Mundane | Lethargy x2
Mundane | Poison x1
Mundane | Rigidity x3

Description
A gray oil to be stored within an air tight container, strangely expanding into the rest of the container to fit it's shape perfectly with time. It has a variety of purposes, depending on whether the oil is exposed, treated on an object, or consumed directly. If a crack in the bottle results in the substance leaking and is not handled within a narrative minute, the potion itself may spoil with no substantial effect.

Effects (Throwing)

Spoiler

When thrown or exposed to the air when primed, the oil will spread out and begin to rapidly evaporate the moment it hits the ground. Due to the effects of the ointment, this will usually make no sound other than an audible gust of wind to flow down from where ever the center of the AoE was.
This gas, which visibly appears which lightly distort one's view in the effected area should one squint, will immediately deafen whoever stands inside- preventing them from physically hearing things around them as though cotton swabs were packed into their ears so long as they remain inside of the effected area. Sound made from outside the 'cloud' is dulled if it must get through said cloud, as though one were speaking through a thick wall.

Redlines (Throwing)
- The Oil will dissolve completely by the end of the first emote, forming an initial 3x3x3 meter area. It will then expand into a 7x7x7 area by the 2nd, & fading upon the 5th.
- Can't stack with other silencing effects. The more potent effect will always take priority.
- The distortions the heat-based refractions give (Think of it as leaving a hot oven open and looking through the hot air) is purely aesthetic, and is noticeable if one focuses on the area.
- No actual heat is generated by the potion.
- The gust of wind is not abnormally powerful nor alchemical in nature when the potion is released- it is entirely mundane. 
- The deafening effect does not have any lasting effects when someone steps outside of it, nor does it stun anyone.
- Destroyed by Air Purifiers or great gusts of wind conjured by players/the environment.
- If a person with unnaturally enhanced hearing (Acuity Potions, Enhanced Senses, Spiritual Blessings, etc) is effected by the potion the two effects will cancel out.
- Speaking range is limited to whisper chat when inside of the fog.
- Prevents the casting of spells that require a verbal component when inside of the effected area.
- Requires an ST signature.

Effects (Treating Materials)

Spoiler

Leathers & hides may be soaked within the oil directly for a narrative week within an air-tight container will permanently apply the sound-muffling properties of the ointment into the material, giving it a faint gray tint while maintaining the hide's durability. This treatment cannot be washed out, and does not completely negate all sound made- only quieting it some akin to Paddfoot.

Redlines (Treating Materials)
- 1 alchemical count of Stifle Ointment will be enough to make only 1 large item (cloak, shirt, pants) or 2 smaller items (ear muffs, gloves, shoes).
- Can only be applied to leathers, skins & hides. Cannot be applied to living/undead skin directly for a permanent effect, even if you were to somehow keep your hand in the solution .
- Can't stack with other silencing effects to completely get rid of all sound. The more potent effect will always take priority.
- Can't stack with more than 1 alchemical effect on the same portion of material (No combining bowie cloak & stifle Ointment on the same sheet of leather, for example)
- Significantly reduces sound, not completely rid them of it.
- Those with their hearing enhanced unnaturally (Acuity Potions, Enhanced Senses, Spiritual Blessings, etc) will hear objects or things effected by Stifle Ointment at regular volume, the two effects cancelling each other out.
- Forces noises made with the treated item to be at maximum within the 'quiet channel' range.
- Does not require an ST signature in treated item form.

Effects (Ingesting)

Spoiler

If you were to ingest the potion for whatever reason, it will cause one's breathing, heartbeat, & other internal bodily functions to become entirely silent for 6 narrative hours. This can be somewhat unsettling to the person, though luckily those that check physically will still be able to feel/see such organs moving still.

Redlines (Ingesting)
- Requires a Stifle Ointment in oil form to be consumed.
- Purely flavor/aesthetic, and provides no significant benefit or detriment in CRP.
- Does not affect one's voice.

OOC Reasoning

Spoiler

Here ya go ST team, your 40th alchemy submission of the year :D (sorry lmfao).
I've submitted this on it's lonesome as it was just a small idea I fancied, and is just another excuse for me to get better at writing and handling lore.

anywho, Paddfoot & Bowie Camo are both really cool, but i'd love to see and have new options for stealth both irply with players, and within events to go about sneaking while also giving it some varying uses all centered around things being made quieter. I was very generous on the radius within the 'Application' setting as it's not the type of potion to whip out just because, as it is incredibly situational and is effectively useless so long as someone has line of sight on you, or knows you are at least around. It is because of that degree of situational-ness that I also think that this potion will have very little effect on alchemy bloat if it were to be added, so such is not that much of a concern to me.
There are also very few items or things that hush sounds, the only other one being similar to it being paddfoot and some blood magic ritual which permanently silences an area- one of which is vague, and cannot be quickly applied to an area, while the other is very obvious and tedious to set up, making it inconvenient to use unless you specifically lure people into your 20x20 area.

I will admit that I am not wise in CRP Pvp, however, and I gladly take any input to adjust for that. Thanks for reading!

Edited by SlitheryC1
clarifications made, shortening of the descriptions.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.