[Debate] Is Guerrilla Warfare/Insurgency RP effective on LOTC?

Javert

Is Guerrilla Warfare effective?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is Guerrilla Warfare effective?

• Yes
    • No

No - not really.
And as brought up above, the main issue is the "RP" effect.
Sure, insugency/guerilla warfare would be cool - but as we saw from the recent Veletz + Allies vs Coalition war, not a lot of people are into that.(On Coalition side)
Even when one of the nations was raided - rarely did many people show up. Veletz hard won on that front with constant raids while i don't think i saw Veletz nor Krugmar ever have their gates down or raid timer on. Honestly - i think by the end of the war people were rallying on Coalition side because they were sick of being raided/bandited on Cooldown. I got to the point where i personally wasn't invested in it at all because of how often it happened and how little/bad RP it gave besides a building or two being burnt down.

It would be cool to see some consequences to that - maybe other nations would do that more then. People PKing would be solid, but then comes the 'investment' problem. Folk would just make a 'bandit/raider' persona and if they die - they just make another without getting their main RP persona into the mess. And people dying to random raiders/bandits feels empty.

It being between two consenting OOC parties is the best we can try for right now, people hate losing - it is what it is.