A Life well Lived

Spoiler

The End to a journey

But the beginning of another

Myrios Veiel, once owner of Veiel Alchemy and Weaponry, would sign off on a final letter, having sent many in recent days. Wandering, as if in a daze, back to his shop, he’d gaze around the little building he’d been in ownership of for the past couple years. Displays were left empty, signs taken down. He’d swing a cloak over his shoulder, and place a simple rucksack by his side. He’d carry no weapons, save for his heirloom bow and Bowie knife. Then, he’d stride away, his boots making little noise on the pathway.

Before leaving society proper, Myrios did visit one place. He’d watch as the flickering lights of Minitz slowly dimmed, the residents turning in for the night, as a sudden rush of memory came to him.

Arriving in Minitz for the first time - to a Moot in full swing. Faces flashed through his thoughts. Mayrin, Orion, Anton, Maxwell, Yvian, Greg. 

Meeting Brandt Barclay, joining the Warband, becoming Brandt’s Hirdman - Opening his first shop. 

A whirl of conflict follows, the Glebite menace having appeared in force, then - A set of bright moments in an otherwise grim time. Seeing Axel, just a boy in the rain, taking him under his wing. Being taught Alchemy by Siegfried Barclay, building the fortress of Riverrock - and meeting Eloisee.

The Glebite Wars ended, but it was Eloisee who captured Myrios’ attention in this time. He’d eventually propose to her, atop the roofs of an abandoned town - then their wedding, with him arriving late. Axel - Or Tibalt, as he was now known, getting into all sorts of trouble, then eventually leaving one day - The birth of Adelaide, his knighting, then his memory grows dark and troubled as he remembers the first strikes of the Mori against Almaris.

A blur of fire and conflict - seeing Minitz in flames, retreating to a refugee camp - Seeing Eloisee again, and being introduced to two adoptive members of his growing family, Rose and Calla.

Years pass, and the people of Almaris find their new home in the lands of Aevos. Myrios remembers - The attack by the Franks, Eloisee’s worsening health, then, like a hammerblow, her capture by the Franks. His memory grows melancholy and despondent as he begins to receive Eloisee’s letters, then a final blow to his soul as her letters stop coming.

Looking back now, Myrios realises that, in the years following Eloisee’s death, he’d been running from it almost, moving his shop twice, burying himself in work. But then, finally, he’d came to terms with it, after almost fifty years.

Myrios would enter Minitz under the blanket of night, leaving a hefty chest of items, upon which was laid a sheet of parchment.

TO THE PEOPLE OF MINITZ - I am leaving now, leaving society as we know it - I shall spend the rest of my days in the Wilderness. I leave the contents of this chest to the Warband, they may find it useful in the conflict against the Franks.

I have given my sword, Finisterklinge, to Sir Stanton Stroheim, along with much of my alchemical knowledge. I trust him to keep it well. Wer Rastet, Der Rostet.

A journal was sent also to Sir Artel von Theonus, containing much similar knowledge to that he gave to Stanton.

His ring he would keep, a reminder of his old life. He’d never taken it off since he’d first gotten it.

As Myrios left the city for the last time, he’d look back, feeling a welter of emotions swell up. His promise would compel him to never return, but he’d always keep Minitz in his mind. 

With that thought fresh in his head, Myrios would set off, for his new life far away from the machinations of society.

Spoiler

OOC: 

Myrios was my very first character in LOTC, when I joined just over a year ago. I want to thank the people of Minitz for welcoming me into LOTC and for the wonderful events held (That I was able to attend!) - This isn't a goodbye, rather a thank-you for making my first year in LOTC so engaging. 

I'll be continuing my journey in LOTC, of course! I'm raring to see what kind of things the other parts of Aevos have to offer!

Edited by StingyParrot

Sir Yvian looked on from the seven skies, the herrenmeister awaiting the day at another of his former pupils joins the ranks.

"Until the light is gone,
Until the water is gone,
Until my life is gone..."

Artel is places the book on the table in his lab the man smiles "ich hope du find what du are looking for Myrios" he says towards it as if the man could hear him through the book he then sets forth making a copy and making sure it ends up in the hands of Calla