In Defense Of Homosexuality

In Defence Of Homosexuality

This is, mainly, a written response to the recent work written by Monk Edmund Amadeus. I, myself, am not a Priest, a Monk, not even a Nun - simply an elven woman, a Canonist, who believes that homosexual relationships and marriages deserves legality just as much as the standard relationships do. My key reasoning for this is that it is not disallowed within the Scrolls. Though I am aware that this is touched on in the Epistle writte by the venerable High Pontiff Jude II which is referenced in the works of the monk Edmund Amadeus, I will explain my contention with his argument below. I hesitate to argue with such monumental figures, but I believe that where one views flaws and mistakes within doctrine and essays, one must point them out. Consider this not to be a rude dismissal, but instead a good-natured disagreement.

———«»————————————«»————————————«»———

On 'In Response to The Four Canonist Princes'

Although the studies of Prince Enrico Amadeus might have been one of good effort, if there is not written that such is not permitted, does not mean one is able to. If it was not for man to lie with a woman, then we all would not be here since the creation of Exalted Horen and St. Julia of Paradisius. Continuously in the scrolls, there is talk of husband and wife, who are we to say after the lives of the Exalted, that we are to tolerate such a breach into the traditional practices and rites of the Church?

It is a mistake to interpret a man lying with a woman as 'what should be' - it simply is what usually is, though is not always true.. Love cannot be defined only as the love between a man and a woman - clearly this is not the case, what with the homosexual people who live the same lives as we do, fight the same wars we do, break bread at the same table as we do, and worship the same GOD we do, with the only true difference being that their love is not directed towards women but instead men (and the reverse, of course). 

It is also silly to claim that if men are permitted to lie with men and women with women that we would not survive. Those who engage in homosexuality are in the clear minority; there is not even a hint of such becoming the norm. We will not go extinct if we legalise marriage between homosexuals.

In the past thousands of years there has only been one form of marriage, and now sovereigns who have been appointed by GOD want to make the unnatural marriage legal? I call it absurd, a sin and a stain upon what the Exalted have meant for us to pursue. This has not been done in the name of the subjects of their interest, but for a secular agenda of overruling the boundaries set by our Church. 

The Monk Edmund Amadeus is right in that for centuries, there has only been one form of marriage. But I would argue that homosexual marriage need not be viewed as 'other'; instead, a continuation of that holy act, of binding two loving individuals together unto death. Love is love; homosexuality should not be viewed as 'unnatural'. As for your remarks towards it being a 'sin and a stain', I would simply reply that the Scrolls bear no condemning words for homosexuality; that its outlaw is an invention of those who have come since, and that their words and beliefs are not law. 

As for the claims of this being a secular agenda - this is patently ridiculous. Homosexuals, too, can be Canonist; such a law serves to permit them to engage in their faith and their love. 

Whilst having the nerve of calling others heretics, this makes the slaughter of heretics done by the hands of the rulers who now wish to legalize an act of infidelity absolutely hypocritical. Such legalization may have an impact on the High Pontiff, the Curia and the laity who still adhere to the traditional values. 

I do not see how legalizing homosexual marriage makes the slaying of Darkspawn hypocritical. Such defines homosexuals as inherent heritics; this, in itself, is a terrible mistake, for a man who loves a man has more than enough room in his heart to love GOD, as does a woman who loves another woman.

———«»————————————«»————————————«»———

I would not dare to write a critique of the Epistle of the Pontiff Jude II; in truth, the Monk Edmund Amadeus restated many of the points written in the Epistle, and thus refuting them would be nought but repition. I implore you, good Monk, to read what I write with an open mind, as I do with what you pen. 

- Serwa

Spoiler

The above is the referenced post. Serwa writes this from an IRP perspective, as does the Monk Edmund Amadeus, and I ask that readers read this from the perspective of roleplay, and not modern identity politics.

42 minutes ago, satinkira said:

My key reasoning for this is that it is not disallowed within the Scrolls

"Now my knowledge of the Scrolls is quite rusty, but theft I think is not explicitly disallowed by it. To think that by absence of the explicit prohibiton of theft, it is allowed to steal by Scripture would be ridiculous. The claim for men being allowed to bed other men should be substantiated by other arguments besides this one." Leopold mused, he went tot he Salvian archives to research the principle of Mutatis Mutandis afterwards.

"This woman is genuinely insane and left an eyeball in my bed while I slept, I think." Aeolus of Khamees says, clearly still disturbed by it, before adding "But she makes some interesting points. I would argue that a Canonist wedding is intended to bring forth children between a man and a woman that are viewed as legitimate in terms of claims and rights by blood, and so to have homosexual Canonist weddings makes...little sense, but then, that's why my own wedding was not a Canonist ceremony." 

"Someone ought to bring back the Canonist Tribunal and bring it back to its former glories to have a serious conversation with the people who want the alter the way of Man as it has for the past thousands of years. It was Exalted Horen and St. Julia, not Exalted Horen and St. Julius!

I just can not see how blind one has been made to come with the secular idea to try and legalize homosexuality under the eye of GOD and say it is in the name of love when many theologians have agreed with the study of Venerable Jude II. I find it no more ridiculous how the sovereigns who have come with this idea are deemed to be annointed by GOD and now come with an act of religious rebellion like this." The Monastic Edmund Amadeus stated from his Abbey.

sev Arsen would read the opening lines of their thesis before he came to a stop at the letters of elven woman, promptly throwing the missive to the side "What does an elf know of the light of God and his will? Nothing. That is why the Epistle to elves exists."