Dancing Gobbo first steps!

Alioth72

Dancing Gobbo first steps!

2nd of Snow's Maiden, SA 172

On the corners and blank spaces ot the pages there are scribbles that resemble notes and diagrams about music.

I have always appreciated the Yar tradition of learning to sing and play and dance freely as part of our rituals, and sometimes I wanted to organize a group ritual to participate and play, but always felt that something was missing. I wanted the music to feel more...powerful? Maybe more special, and a way to give more importance to this aspect of our clan. 

I was wandering in Nor-Velyth (very peaceful place, maybe less sand and bone-trees than desirable, but the colorful trees are nice) and came across a strange place: it looked like a place for music and art rituals, but instead of an altar I saw a large stage and some tables, like a tavern. Inside there was Glorier, my now bardmancy teacher, that was teaching some more advanced magic to another student.

It was an unexpectingly war welcome, since my people and elves usually don't get along very well. In fact she claimed that It was a long time since she had seen another gobbo getting into bardmancy. 

The first thing she thaught me was finding my "inner mana" to connect to the magic. As a shaman, I get my magic from the power of the spirits, not from me, so it was quite an adjustment do make: it took me a couple tries to get it right, but i found that concentrating on a fond memory of music helped me in this task.

What's the memory you might ask? Well that's too private even for my own diary! I will just say that the desert has the best acoustics... 

Anyway, now i'll need to practice this meditation thing till the next lesson, there's still a long journey ahead.

may Brimztra guide my music!