[✓] [In-Game Ban] [zevenity] Appeal

Minecraft IGN(s):

zevenity

Discord:

zevenity

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1207870587473760347/1207874053038276628/image.png?ex=65fceadf&is=65ea75df&hm=9d364e419e995f7a9781cd87cfcaf93f92ffb02a187f23edc29efe72f0d32a63&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1497&height=158

What circumstances led to this ban?

A few days prior to the incident at hand, I was let off with a warning for the same thing, as I didn't know the language wasn't allowed on the server. I cleared up the misunderstanding and let the first mod know that I was indeed apart of the community that reclaimed the slur. However, a few days later I was actively playing on the server a month ago, where I was talking to a friend (rensdagger on discord) a very close friend of about 3yrs, and I once again said the N -Slur out of habit, there wasn't anyone else around so I wasn't being as careful. Which I was prompted with the warning of something along the lines of 'This is against the rules, are you sure you want to send?' In which I didn't.

Afterwards I was banned and talked to the mod about how it would go, and waited out my month ban.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I understand that this rule is in place to prevent misuse and misunderstanding that lead to harm given the context and history of this word, while my personal usage of the word is valid and acceptable, I do understand that it is not a word that should be used on LOTC platforms for a plethora of reasons. I believe the ban was fair, I understand the reason it was given. I'll be careful and more mindful of similar language and my language in general.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I have friends on LOTC, and I have plans I would like to carry out with some of my OC's. I'd like to attend a few events and overall meet some new people IRP that I haven't had a chance to. I've been keeping contact with the community i'm in and i'm utterly excited to be apart of that again.

Attach other relevant information.

N/A

Your appeal is under review. Expect a response after the team concludes its discussion.

Accepted