TO ESCAPE DAMNATION (PK)

Spoiler

DtizcZm0bABw2ef8eABSm588QlL09L_7ZJ08HXn4m5FEaEoNi_XyHamkZa9rGouZPaQSQkmoKhKsSveT-Ssp_7JqjuiHn_4RetGVsngF5xB7s1PJdkw4eG_VKGa-T4YyBnkkXUqTIFPfKhaCYo1BoHo

TO ESCAPE

DAMNATION

DtizcZm0bABw2ef8eABSm588QlL09L_7ZJ08HXn4m5FEaEoNi_XyHamkZa9rGouZPaQSQkmoKhKsSveT-Ssp_7JqjuiHn_4RetGVsngF5xB7s1PJdkw4eG_VKGa-T4YyBnkkXUqTIFPfKhaCYo1BoHo

Part 1: The Run

vw8PCg1nPhmTtBM4bTcdSkM6j5hz9ZOYUS4QefZ96z7HwtW5Up7n-mFfBZuF-YQN80lns2fXaY-reopSXM-NWCQg7p2GGqwccxGFZsTlZwS3mf0MabZtHqLPc7mUWIQVXNRspkq9EY6C_sIeOx7GcYg

Lurdoic ran into the woods, leaving the capital of Urguan behind. A city he had known so well for many decades. He propped  himself up against a tree, sweat pouring from his brow as he recounted what occurred…. The Nephew…  he raged. The boy would sooner plummet to his own demise than besmirch the reputation of his clan. Lurdoic did not know whether to laugh or curse, so naturally he defaulted between both.

The plan was going smoothly… the ghoul attacked as he intended. The ghoul left the note. Lurdoic lured the King to the house… and then the damned child claimed the incriminating letter and ran to his death off a cliff. Lurdoic pondered for a moment. He had ignored the King’s orders to back down from the chase, he had effectively led the boy to his death. All eyes were on him now… but he was safe. Safe from Urguan. He made his way to a companions fortress at ?????? and provided the news to his co-conspirators…. He was permitted to stay for as long as he desired. The heat would die down, it always did. He would weather the storm. A stone month or two… and things would be fine.

iahtwacUhkBR85kz2QsoqGCHUBTjcbeU6irQTrUejHcpMGOmcA6bjDZNHdkr2TKS48xRqRRFCjE2woO3EH5tLttXq_43CrzCWs_tL7fgn8FBpLG85QCrRbKZ8mL9nqC4JFrcuxHGvUYT5uPcsQI0bTI

“You Coward…. Running again? Hiding again? You can do it for as long as you like. The end result will be the same.”

The voice penetrated the Irongut’s skull. Lurdoic hid in the corner of the fortress, placing his hands on his face.

[!]

“In the end… you shall die.. And when you do… which God will bargain for your soul?”

Lurdoic hid in the corner “Shut up…. Shut up” he repeated, but he knew the voice spoke true. He had hidden himself from his own people. He had drank the blood from their corpses…. He was darkspawn. A Vampire.  Not for a month, not for two… but for ten Stone months. Ten Stone months he had hidden himself in Urguan. He had conspired with HER in Urguan. He knew his duties. He even accepted them, but the doubts remained in his head. What was he to do…. What was he to do… and then it came to him. A plan that had been conjuring in his head for awhile. 

THE ULTIMATE ESCAPE FROM DAMNATION.

Lurdoic was tired of running. Tired of lying, tired of being the Hidden Light. Tired of being under the thumb of the Brathmordakin. He will escape, he will fight.

The lies would end, once and for all. 

The Irongut made his way back to Urguan.

Part 2: The Fight

Duel of the Brothers (BlackWolf100k) | Harry Potter Fanon Wiki | Fandom

He would not go without his farewells. He would confess everything, rub it in the faces of those he had hid it from, and then escape to eternity. Escape to freedom. He marched into his home, ensuring no one knew of his entry into the city, began writing letters, and then….

A.K entered his abode.

A.K. was Lurdoic’s closest ally and friend, and thus, the Irongut explained the plan to his compatriot. A.K. was horrified at what Lurdoic intended to do. They debated, they argued… but the Irongut’s mind would not be changed.

A.K. gave up trying, the Irongut would not be swayed… so A.K. had one last request.

A Final Duel Between Friends

Lurdoic accepted. It was the least he could provide. Lurdoic marched his friend to the mountains, and so began their duel. A.K. immediately went on the offensive. Lurdoic dashed away, placing his voidal anchor to the right! A.K. blocked the anchor, Lurdoic dashed again… and then… A.K. threw a leather cape over Lurdoic’s face… 

The Dwed sank to his knees. The concept of what he was planning to do finally hit the Dwed like a carriage. Lurdoic’s face was sent into the grass, wallowing in despair.

This was it.

The recipe to escape damnation, the one that the voice spoke of.

It was to become a Voidal Horror

9Mmg9BBte6bDe-GJtYc7uFXx59dUl5y9jv3xug4D7I_uLOajYjFeZATJQdbOSVGhlr5Hl87k921crhDanBjDnR5L1cH9ITmsxno45TP5CjD22y5olvUH2ieAoTKvTm3CehoAZR_bOe9rRr__Ir0FqW4

Lurdoic would lose the very essence of his being. He would leave everyone behind. His memories, his flesh, his soul. Everything would disappear. Lurdoic stared up at his friend, his face muddied with grass and dirt, and then finally spoke his words.

“I have lived a life of sin…. I hated the Brathmordakin, so I wanted to spite them by becoming an abomination… I wanted to seize my own fate… and this pathway… this escape, is the only way how… but I am afraid… I must admit that. I have made ill choices with my life, and I regret what I have done, but this last action… will be my choice. MY decision. I will channel my own fate into my hands and abandon this realm.. But I owe it to Urguan to tell them the truth of what I have done….”

He would glance back at his friend and ally.

“Write a different story…. Learn from what I’ve done and avoid my path. Take your own will into your hands… and enjoy your life… look after Aedan and Renny for me”

Lurdoic and his friend would embrace, the first and the last time.

“I will respect your choice, Lurdoic. Do what you will”

Lurdoic nodded  “I’ll give them a show”

Part 3: The Escape

Paradise Lost: Book 10 in paintings and illustrations – The Eclectic Light  Company

Lurdoic entered the throne room. It was time. There was no going back now. He had sent out letters across the Kingdom, declaring that he was going to make a speech. He would leave it a surprise for them. This would be the last speech the Irongut would make.

He knew his time would be limited. The moment he made his confessions, he expected to be attacked immediately, therefore he kept his gaze firmly on the crowd that was forming, beginning his speech…. And then… he spotted them.

Gallio, Hana and a Mossborn Golem. They rose up onto the platform, and Lurdoic immediately detected their intentions. They threw bottles of salted water at him. Lurdoic was prepared and expected them to make a move, and quickly dashed down from the platform and into the crowd.

GET HIM NOW!

The attackers declared. Lurdoic was immediately pummeled to the floor by Obok Metaldrinks. Lurdoic barely resisted.

ak6xn_9lA32Z15hS80-sjI0fllBZ0Kar-510l4bggQWXnHKN3nNaYTBGJ1ozCS53nTHKyozNpfvaGlWRcv4mLPJoZLsmbdHJArSrkbDKD8pYaJLpgrSuZOGMHpmqdskQAVJ6RJfArqJEXi7vbIDJEl0

“DO IT NOW YOU FOOL! NOW! NOW!NOW! BECOME ONE WITH VUUR'DOR”

Lurdoic almost let out a laugh. His confession was not necessary. He drew out his fangs, showing them for the entire throne room to see, and made his confession.

“You halfwits! What do you think I was planning to do! Well, you give me little time! Yes. I am a Darkspawn, a Vampire. Right under your noses for Ten Stone months!… yes… I conspired to take down Tuzic! He told me I was damned, so I wanted to bring him down to damnation with me!”

The axes, swords and spears pummeled down onto the Dwarf… but it was done… the ritual had been completed. 

A mass of horrific tendrils sprouted from the Dwarf, pouring out of his voidal strained skin. His mangled and butchered corpse released his higher form.. A Voidal Horror. Lurdoic Irongut reached a higher state of being. His identity, his name, his thoughts… all incomprehensibly altered by the ritual. Lurdoic was no more, and now a Voidal Horror hovered over the throne room.

Immediately, the throne room began to fill up with Dwed. The bell was rung. A case of catastrophic proportions as the Voidal Horror spanned the room. Attacks were made on the eternal being, and the being squealed in response, leaving a trail of black blood and mold. The being had finally escaped the clutches of mortality. It could only cackle and roar, making incomprehensibly noises, mixed with speech.

It entertained the presence of the Dwarves…. “KILL,  KILL, KILL” It bellowed. Its fear of death conquered.

Part 4: The END

isRk0b_LZgRz98JNIuJNeHcF0QoRwvGN1HNAAPw-9xcvQB2UfPgBW5Ig7Rze8GoRJ9ZbbYgEwP5_diuHlexvdCbu3pxTF_L2PPTNjnNLR6U6Xpw07Iz6phKmrErHE_n2bTmMJmX_2fatSndBzvbA4VY

Thromdrick Irongut entered the haul as the battle between the monstrosity and the Dwedmer continued. He called upon the same Mossborn golem to aid him. He was well equipped with Vuur’dor, and knew how to contain the abomination. As projectiles flew, and swords were sent through the air, he lifted himself up, courtesy of the golem, and raised his staff. A black Orb present in the middle.

The Voidal Horror twisted and writhed  as the attacks came in force. Then, it spotted the orb. It was naturally drawn to the artifact, taking it lightly as it began to amass around it. Digging its tendrils into the black chasms of the orb. The undying horror’s thoughts could not be penned down… but it saw a familiar face in the crowd. A girl, A Dwarven Girl… who….

For a brief moment… The being known as  Lurdoic snapped back to his senses. Lurdoic stared into the chasms of the orb, and at the girl. He knew what the orb was for. Containment. 

Memories of old returned to him. Memories of his service to Urguan. He had lied, he had deceived… but there were moments that he did enjoy his service, that he wanted the best for Urguan. He continued to stare at the girl.. His daughter.. the gift of his wife Crera... and then realized… perhaps service to something… perhaps service to someone is nae such an ill endeavor.

He gave the girl one last wave of his tendril,. and then the horror marched right into the orb….

He had escaped damnation and fear, but had chosen to stay with Urguan, with the people he knew well… forever, inside the Orb.

Edited by Epicethan4

Kierd Garedynson rested peacefully in the halls of Anbella, as his faith in his uncle was vindicated and his death avanged. He only felt pity for the family direct family the vampiric dwarf had and now destroyed.

Spoiler

its been a good one

Obok Metaldrinks got busy searching for evidence of co conspirators and to comply with the order to seize the relic and crystal key in the Irongut clan hall as well as Lurdoics home, leaving no pebble unturned.

Blasted 'ells Lurdoic, yer demise only complicate t'ings...

Aganar watched the entire situation at the throne room conflicted with feelings as he watched Lurdoic change into a Voidal Horror. He had not moved, only witnessed the fight. Afterwards he went back to the place where they had their duel shortly before the transformation. Using his Voidal Magic to sprout a field of mushrooms, the first thing Lurdoic had taught him. "A reminder of you my friend, you have broken free, be at peace now."

Brôk Irongut had finally returned from a long journey to rejoin his kin, only to find great loss. 

"These be interestin' times ter be returnin' tuh dah fold... Nay rest in Vuur'dor, orb or otherwise, that's fer sure."

A mender of faith scowled from the far-lands, a pair of burning red eyes shining through the night.

"Ah. . . My subject. . ."

muttered she, gaze fixated on to the full moon. Something had passed - and a seed, had dried out.

"I see you've perished without me." 

Concluded Angelica, mournfully.

Tuzic shed a tear at the news of what had happened... He mourned the loss of Kierd - and now Lurdoic joined him. The forest dwarf had tried his best... tried his best to show Lurdoic his compassion... to show him that the Brathmordakin could forgive more than he might understand.

But no.

It seems Lurdoic had set his mind on losing his soul to the void long before... Tuzic wipes the tears from his eyes then, and begins his worship to Ogradhad... 

Aedan Mossborn received the news concerning his father. He broke down in tears.  “I do not understand, why? Most of the people liked my father and my family. Why did he have to do such things towards me and Renny? What did I do wrong?”

Grelu Khron’edhekal received a missive about the treanous act. His reaction was that of fury. “You… you Lurdoic Irongut. Betrayed not only me but every dwarf. I hope your soul may rot for enternity and be forever remembered for forsaking your Anarann.”

A Voidstalker had heard of such an incident. "Someone actually did it. . ." was all that he hummed out.

Renny Irongut sat in a tree somewhere in the tops of Hefrumm, sobbing over the death of her father. She kept repeating the same thing to herself over and over again... he couldn't truly be dead, could he?

[!] Somewhere far, far away, the news reached a lone Dark Dwarf, part of the Irongut Clan that his Elder has passed on through the Veil "Anot'er o' teh  Vidnyr grumbled, one single tear rolling down his cheek, falling down but already turning into steam before hitting the stone ground of his smithy. He raised his hammer, a soft grumble turning into a loud roar as he slammed his tool down on the steel he was working on, a crack quickly forming along its length before splitting it in half. . .