A Galbraith Abdication | 1972

Spoiler

wYLR1Db3tTT5ZitfELOhaaPW3h1jMS5O0Fz2pCeVJYB5lbZ9TaF0V8sVt-nfJCin_Wszv-yIwTRPEOtJPmIjOwgYgI0slPUR4wQOHuHudqwIKiut0MXs6NGu8FxNLx7stussAg-ObvIOzRxaHyKG6QU

RAH OL U TENEIR, MOIEF MON BLETH ON 

NÉFSERVE

– –

Jfnz8T1VAyV2Pqgg3bxlLC7I3f9K-u-GIsAIuVP9m9a2SZvOHk0ESJVoPW93ZVYqHaxgFsNiXdmhknLG8PkzqmARoIBCz1hbeByfvNf1ZqLrJ-BJoVTnLCsFwzOt27MClEOAMxxvXjpvPQsJC7cigeA

Ven u hrudao ETH-RIETE-FRITH-SIYVZ6qVxwrCHcO00H0Mm59kRokJ6UF5S2doO11_asJAbjsOH6CvroAN46Nau29qUAK4nYaEG5CLU6lpDuyI3A-UHkh4igytKw_W_Miqp6_fiWS7LE1nk_PfI4L7Kpk6gm4EG6-MBQus168Y86LDwTm7g

zNt-0Jwy9lJwYH3FqJhLmo56s09zWDLM1StYzzt6rbU-ERyKqoL4mXlk-Er0jR_xla3bVe6pgwFLNfTGLy7ETNo0AU777joHWScVPD5vjiW39ADEiCsTF6ZOTh_vpEfLDIwUFsCL4GGQYE-maziwVPI

FHUIL THAF MON 

BLADEE AF 

GLOREER VEN MON ATHA

– –

G6ukFuIP2SQYSPXG5aI980jot7mACK6BVoRG2XGhDGHJKlIa0i8tAipdOUV9MmR-djSed-oqAtaFmajyDZAVPFwq16K7K03SPaF_SijPl-LIs1PvsVPUqs666tabP-ccF2sk-1MHam-1SSCZCybSg2Y

ojpje_WnxPWp-zSEkfQFBCYGChxDL3TD_DKv6uVgyYOQqqvW_j-Mm2HkKldOc7M0yYYBFofL-rHGxiKsYwZdcXVppZdYkVNx9jbN4yMNzGZFkiz7AHTqch4gY3SqMnLZvDWG5xDFsGuFUS4ExPAfoiw

uJMkcGmgcKYRDmHRL3mBXo6fPDPQMVjFxW3JLPZ3HVTiK-zbs319c6TEUolIFivnmoDJisHZc2AqDmJ2jR-1u3G0fLAZCDSXbsB8ek7kkvi-RJo6alOX4QxtRobce11-yR_du2DvzSWGakza2LLvNyA I was young – eight, I believe – I first joined the army. I was given a set of armor too big and a sword too heavy, and I used it with pride. There have been many times in this life I should have died, alas, I write this now. I have been busy ever since I’ve learned to walk, unresting in my duty to the state. While I have so, so much pride in this nation still: I have grown tired and old. I can no longer function as I once did. I have reason to believe my time upon Mundus draws to an end, soon, and thus,

I, John of Cascanova, wish to offer out the lofty podium of Royal Legate to the next generation.

With my unfortunate eviction and the attempted felling of my beloved, it is time I venture down a new path, one where my mind shan’t be so clouded. I must set my sights fully on the eradication of evil in this world. Whilst I am still bound by title and land, that is a fruitless goal. I would like to thank all of Balian for the good life I was able to live, and all of the friends I’ve made. Alongside this, my heir, Adrian Marcello, shall inherit the house of Galbraith soon enough. A few years, give or take . . . he has his mind in the clouds, at the moment.

Brothers and sisters, continue to thrive. To the next Legate, I offer these words of wisdom: keep a level head and be sure to only gossip about other nations in whisper. Keep our peace and extend the olive branch to all, as I and my predecessors have always done. But never, ever, be a footstool.

- Long May Balian Prosper! -

BUÉSSI NA U RAH OL U TENEIR

H.E., JOHN AUGUSTUS GALBRAITH

A solemn sigh escaped Rhys as he had a friend nearby recite the missive to him aloud. The newly blinded man had wished to read it himself, and yet. . 

"Take note, would vy? Y need to write to the Amir- Y mean, mea borsa."

The soon to be made Baron of Cascanova shuddered in fear. “Responsibility.” It had been the man’s worst fear.

Alexandros Casimir looked over the missive, a slight sadness shaping his visage. The young prince taking a deep breath as he looked out his window then "We must thank you for all your years of service dear John... And I for one, would want to thank you for teaching me the noble word of ****"

Katherine's hands shake.

She's angry. Why is she angry? Why is she furious?

John would hate her now. But should she really try to care? Everyone would hate her now. Everyone

But not a word? Not a letter? Not an attempt? He flaked on her- flaked- and favors a son who called him crazy- called her crazy. Maybe she is crazy. Crazy to hold these grudges from childhood. But damn it, she's mad. 

And lonely.

And, probably, soon to be homeless. 

Why. Why? Did she ever think she could have family. 

It was set in stone the night before her 18th birthday. They were not her family. She was a burden, someone who could not even be considered a Galbraith. Who had no room on any family tree. 

Katherine remembers when John was kidnapped like it was yesterday. The fear and panic each and every night he didn't return- the anger that no one could bring him home. She loved him then.

She doesn't love anyone now. 

She hopes the whole house burns.

Holly Galbraith smiles.

Maeve af Brasca, who had been very busy raising her children with her husband, Jan, smiled upon hearing her brother Adrian would be eventually assuming the Galbraith title. She wondered if perhaps she should visit her family again soon and make amends with her older brother who had been terribly afraid of her during their childhood.