Edict of Malenos

HIGH_FIRE

TsXLfIxNRRCTRfqTB98OnCC_XI1P3A4p5UChHEdT_wWTarLQOjNmKpJCSdRqZqqOOX1erT1O1KnmQpl5ZArG-jWrdFFelxysk89GRUhJ9VoKWBGHC0BL76sWJ8phHdV6gzzDsWIQYMM98w9TIqzcUjE

Edict of Malenos

Renewed Standardisation of Land Taxes

0ALX1f6peKZUdmLr0HcuwxArfF9vdPPT_XumVFkQ8QxviTD-HYMYvlt4kCssXZf9pdp3cMihxvQ136rNMoPjPeFkNckXHev6HpaXqaPwT6E8ofpyChhkydRW2zak4NmUKAy9uGhbgNmb0GqPzsZ1YyA

13th, of Peter’s Glory of 105 B.A

AD2b29Nwc8HNQSeawEjzG2tJsDq5xN_3G8t9rO1SpikHu_gEUCIsexBxySYz3nThPohB8SM9c4_X2tqfFBqPvG2XP7KHAw92lqxNF7WA2hG_vPYsv4laWqxr00UnnpL8nt3caYYPu_TTWtx1z3vGuss

Since the founding of the Kingdom of Balian and the landing of the ennobled peers of the land, the Noble families of Balian have paid a low tax of a single mina per the highest dimension of their land. 

The Crown has decided that in consideration of the current cost of land upkeep, the unlanded citizen often ends up paying for part of ennobled territories. Such has been deemed as unacceptable as it should not be those unlanded who pay for those who have their own Villas, Forts or Villages outside the walls of Portoregne.

The following changes are to be made in order to combat this unfair situation and ensure that those ennobled by the Crown pay a fair tithe for their land and status. This system will be tiered in order to ensure that those who garner the strongest privileges from their status offer up the most in terms of mina from those who are not ennobled to those of the Ducato status.

Citizen

• 75 Mina per Annum for a 50 by 50 land plot

Baronia

• 100 Mina per Annum for a 75 by 75 land plot

Viscondato

• 120 Mina per Annum for a 100 by 100 land plot

Condato

• 135 Mina per Annum for a 125 by 125 land plot

Ducato

• 150 Mina per Annum for a 150 by 150 land plot

With the passing of this Edict, the Edict of Abretta shall be dismissed for the foreseeable. However, should the Kingdom of Balian be declared as in a state of war, the Edict of Abretta shall come back into effect alongside the Formal War Draft of Balian.

AD2b29Nwc8HNQSeawEjzG2tJsDq5xN_3G8t9rO1SpikHu_gEUCIsexBxySYz3nThPohB8SM9c4_X2tqfFBqPvG2XP7KHAw92lqxNF7WA2hG_vPYsv4laWqxr00UnnpL8nt3caYYPu_TTWtx1z3vGuss

IN NOMINE DEI,

Her Royal Majesty, Sybille I, by the Grace of GOD, Queen of Balian, Princess of Providence, Duchess of Helena, Reutov, Sunholdt and Lorraine, Countess of Pompourelia and Kositz, Viscountess of Eflen and Anatis, Baroness of Renzfeld, Brucca, Valens, Malenos, Montcoure and Ciavola, Lady of Portoregne, Atrus and Monterosa, Warden of La Costa Rubinissima, Protector of the Heartlanders and the South, etcetera.

His Excellency, CASIMIR MARIUS VILAC, 

Baron of Valio, Patriarch of House Vilac, Gran Don of Balian, Lord Camareiro of the Palatio Arancione

His Excellency, RHYS VAR RUTHERN

Minister of Finances and Procurator of Balian, Medico Anziano of the Clinical Society of St. Julia

Johan would be standing within his kitchen, the duke as most often found cover in flour arching a brow as he looked to his wife "Wait what? Could you read that to me again Naty? I.. I think I might have had a chocolate chip or two in my ear.." Having then put the cookies within the oven the Duke would muble for a few moments as he looked to her, his eyes blinking quite quickly as he leaned upon his cane looking to her "T.. this is going to hurt our wallet ain't it?" he then took a deep breath looking at the cookies that raised. "Well at least we can be proud ai? After all, Balian has always been a nation that could proudly say we have not over charged our Peers and still, we can say that we are not even if the prices have become higher! Imagine if we had to pay as much as Petra or Haense... I'm just glad we can enjoy our food, our deserts and our keep without having our banks go empty or having to force our children to pay their dues before their time."