SPRING CLEANING pt II: Two Announcements from House Godunov

SPRING CLEANING PT II

Two announcements from House Godunov.

Published 3 of Joma ag Umund, 525 E.S.

Following my elevation to Baroness of Verskaya, I find it necessary to cleanse my house of sin. This comes at a great cost to my own heart, but it must nevertheless be done, if House Godunov is to persist.

Therefore, I see fit to declare my brother Anatoliy, his wife, and their entire lineage disowned, in keeping with the Edict of Cleansing. None of them, in life or in death, may ever again claim the Godunov name. I will only make an exception to this should his children choose to return to Haense, and renew their devotion to their homeland within the next two years [Apr. 29], as directed by the Haeseni Crown. If any or all of the Betrayer’s children elect to return home, they will be under my protection and guardianship, and I will raise them as if they were my own. Nevertheless, they will be the descendants of a betrayer and a heretic, and thus can not be trusted to inherit the Barony. The prodigal children will be secondary members of the family, with no claim on the title.

Furthermore, I must also trim away the disease from other branches of my family tree. My uncle Valerian, his wife Eadwynn, and their descendants are all similarly disowned, due to their abandonment of their homeland. None of them may claim the Godunov name ever again. 

Thus the inheritance of Verskaya falls on my shoulders, and on those of my children. I will state my intentions clearly here: I have seen the flaws of primogeniture. I know them firsthand, as does Haense. The eldest child will not always be the fittest to lead. Therefore, I will state clearly that at the time of my death or abdication, I will personally select my heir from the whole of my children, based on worthiness, not birth order. 

Know that this news of disownment comes from a heart heavy with loss, but I find it nevertheless necessary to cleanse a wound before it infects the body whole. 

Krusae Zwy Kongzem.

zRggPpPlPC3k8pAI91WcUIX4aMm-xFiD_ncH8tu3jcTOu0HsF9UYb46VhIsDvtwC-VdNnFsRNLz3yPAKStFkuDVYr1weKYqsBsd6Dif9mCssdRNcs_gBwU0O0UZKvG1lcA5M2CnWLLBHVct3

“Abandonment as in treason, or just absence?” Wonders aloud the Oracle of Balian, Red. “Because if they’re just away, I don’t think it’s necessary to disown them. That feels a bit extreme. But it is not my monkey, not my circus.”