THE REFORMATION OF THE GARMONT ASSEMBLY

XjaGvZupYJYASL_UIC74yonT5hXYgiiS4nYk7DzPHcWjZqx7gMifwc4-rYNAT4fACo9DlRUBXRDwo8iSFsO6vsDUlPIMW-s_8ID9ORbA-mDjHKQJfGEB0zZQhfhN9nvff17-Z2GEKg2HIz_w3fh1VsA

Issued and averred by

Their Majesties

tP9XKKb3RzWrBAqVstfOc7me4ov8mgEhp7xZqFSb6jdUFNTFsgiX1tfDn07y8pw9tk2fSyp_5hYbw6KfjTJIB7zlf8RkVG2oI6y7unJNRjmKhereFfkxdhlQ944rLit27JdnKlf0AcZ8TiRsQRJHcQw

THE REFORMATION OF THE 

GARMONT ASSEMBLY

With the newly formed Heartlander Confederations, it is the belief of both Her Royal Majesty, Catherine I, and His Apostolic Majesty, John I, that the Heartlandic people deserve the ability to guide the direction of the nation. Originally built within the Commonwealth of the Petra, the Garmont Assembly is a body made up of both Noble Peerage, and Elected citizens of the Kingdom. Together, guided by the Grand Speaker of the Garmont Assembly, do the members of the Garmont present, discuss, and vote on bills and motions to suggest to the Crowns of the Heartlander Confederation.

ARTICLE I - THE POWERS OF THE ASSEMBLY

The Garmont Assembly, the Legislative Body of the Heartlander Confederations as overseen by the Grand Speaker, shall have powers to advise and counsel the sovereigns and their government and propose changes to the Codex of Saint Godwin. The Garmont Assembly may:

1. Counsel the sovereigns on any such matter of governance as pertinent to the realm, with the exception of sensitive executive matters, and move resolutions comprising their advice concerning these affairs;

2. Propose candidates to the sovereigns for the office of the Chancellor, and move resolutions on these proposals; 

3. Summon the officers of the sovereign’s executive cabinet for a report, so as to maintain transparency on the realms affairs;

4. Impeach the officers of the sovereign’s executive cabinet in the context of investigations of misconduct;

5. Propose alterations to the Codex of Saint Godwin;

6. Submit an official piece of guidance to the crowns on matters relating to the Confederation;

7. Begin motions and debates through discussion within the Assembly

ARTICLE II - ROYAL ASSENT

1. All bills require assent from both Sovereigns of the Heartlander Confederation to be put into effect.

2. The Sovereigns reserve the right and ability to deny any bill or motion they see fit, for any reason they see fit.

ARTICLE III - THE GRAND SPEAKER OF THE GARMONT ASSEMBLY

1. The Garmont Assembly shall be led by the Grand Speaker.

2. The Grand Speaker shall be an impartial overseer of the Garmont, to lead, plan, and mediate the assembly.

3. The Grand Speaker shall be elected from the Garmont Assembly, and confirmed by the Crowns of the Heartlands.

4. The Grand Speaker has full control over keeping the peace in a session of the Garmont Assembly.

i. Should a member of the Assembly have poor conduct, the Grand Speaker may have them removed.

ii. Should a member of the Assembly repetitively have poor conduct, the Grand Speaker may suspend their seat in the Garmont.

ARTICLE IV - THE MEMBERS OF THE GARMONT ASSEMBLY

1. Each Landed Noble Family shall be entitled to a singular seat on the Garmont Assembly.

2. Titular Nobility shall not be entitled to a seat, but will not be barred from running for elected seats.

3.  The Lord-Mayor of each Province’s capital shall be entitled to a seat on the Garmont Assembly

4. Two citizens shall be elected from the Province of Aaun to represent the people of the Province.

5. Two citizens shall be elected from the Province of the Petra to represent the people of the Province.

6. A chosen representative from the Legion of Saint Godwin.

ARTICLE V - ELECTIONS

1. Elections shall be held no more often than every 8 saints weeks.

2. Nominees must be at least 16 years of Age.

3. Nominees must be in good standing with the Codex of Saint Godwin.

4. Nominees must be a resident of the Heartlander Confederations.

5. The official running the election may add or decide other requirements when election nominations are posted.

6. Requirements may not be changed for that election cycle once the nominations have been posted.

7. Nominations and Voting must be open for a minimum of 24 saints hours each, but is standardised to 48 saints hours each.

Her Royal Majesty, Catherine I, By the Grace of GOD, Queen of the Petra, Marquise de Val d’Estenou, Countess of Temesch and Moere, Viscountess of Mies, Baroness of Garmont, Valfleur, Vallagne-en-Petra, Eagles Peak, Brasca, Hrenthorne, Resmore, and of the Phoenixspire, Protector of the Meadows, Defender of Liberty

His Apostolic Majesty, John I, by the Grace of GOD, Apostolic King of Aaun, Prince of Alstion, Duke of Vienne, the Lowlands, Balemena and Corazon, Count of Whitespire, Enswerp and Florentine, Baron of Blanchet, Protector of the Realm