Dorabek, Lord of The Crocodiles

Boknice275

td3cQgAGX1h5UZxoKtugkEXDgFH9POql4KsgUJxmKuH30Uggz1aE2aMWrVCkabZa4kfEHLvRXqGOdxA1cWyDLG_LcQE3StyxVO7JbY9T8k8Q7DE6hvcprfZf2-XoYRm0TKoPmC9Qpc2sI1QfIxsg0fE

https://i.etsystatic.com/18071055/r/il/ed884a/2315806427/il_570xN.2315806427_d8xw.jpg

Dorabek, lesser spirit of crocodiles and oasis-dwelling animals

"Pharaohs and kingdoms rest upon the power of my strength and that of my children. Ka’tau flourishes in the oasis of the lands. Strength projects from my jaws, and my Ka brings rise to strong armies. I am Dorabek."

Dorabek is an influential entity within the Rah’mun pantheon, known for representing strength, military prowess, the mighty Desert crocodile, and the enriching nature of oasis. Dorabek is often depicted as a being with the head of a crocodile and a body of a human male, sometimes wielding two large knives, and other times possessing an ankh and a staff which bears his symbology.

Dorabek’s name is often invoked by his priests to ward away danger from the homes and temples of Rah’mun, or in some cases to directly afflict evil-doers with Dorabek’s wrath. Many Rah’mun cities have crocodile pits which serve to punish those who violate the laws of Ka’tau in egregious manners. Most of the crocodile pits have small shrines to Dorabek present and act as religious sites. 

Rah’mun mythos states that Dorabek emerged from the mind of Te’uth as he spent time studying crocodiles along the desert rivers of Kemet-taw, the Rah’mun homeland. Te’uth’s focus unintentionally became a magical spell infused with divine power, which parted from his mind and manifested into the form of Dorabek, who became a mighty God in his own right shortly after being created. 

Dorabek wandered Kemet-taw and claimed right over the Crocodiles and animals of various oasis, and also provided numerous Rah’mun villages with protection against aggressive, rogue, or corrupted Crocodiles who were in service to Isfet. Dorabek’s actions caused him to quickly accumulate a strong following which became a mainstay priesthood within Rah’mun culture. For a brief period of time, Dorabek usurped Hesthor in cultural significance by becoming associated with Pharonic strength, but this period of time quickly subsided as more Rah’muns sought purity in the image of Hesthor. 

Today, Dorabek and Tetu’s priesthoods work together to ensure the collective safety of Rah’mun lands and sacred places. Dorabek’s priests can often be found dwelling among crocodile pits, creating oasis and raising shrines to Dorabek within them, and assisting the Machimoi of Rah’tuma in fighting Isfet. Netjer of Dorabek are known for casting powerful spells which cause even the most hardened Isfetians to become overtaken by their patron. 

Dorabek remains an enduring symbol of Rah’mun strength, power, and resilience.

6VFu5ayJ6s_2Wf50LNIB-k0UZ8fpBBB9QfPQp7tcI-biSMnxsFw2jE9WiMeU_zEMwuGaOpUtAcItg0arhkJNi0qpoRJ4du1UMKFdYuDUvbw3X2HKSmlU-j4ROdTc1mqzeDSadTFbM3A9V6vXS7DuBjo

Spoiler

This is a lesser spirit of Freygoth for my Rah'mun culture. Read more about the Rah'muns here:

"Heketa Dorabek!" Rakhnar cried as he watched a foul Isfetian agent be tossed into the crocodile pits.