MUSIN: Community outreach and call

Turbo_Dog

MUSIN, the micemen of the server! You know them (probably) and have your opinion of them.

Hello gamers it’s me again a year later from my last try at this. Let’s give it another go. You may have seen me around or not, for those who don’t know me. Nice to meet you I am Turbo, I lead the beast folk race on the server known as the Musin. I understand not everyone knows what a Musin is so let me give you a quick rundown on what they are.

Musin are a beast race of mice people, they resemble the house mouse but most certainly aren’t wild beasts like them. They are clean freaks and can speak fluent common and even preform alchemy. How cool is that?!

“But Turbo” I can hear some asking in their head or at their screen “Basically anyone can do those tasks. What makes musin so special?” Well I am glad you asked! Musin, can add unfathomable amounts of pizazz to their mundane tasks. Need to get up somewhere that typically most could reach just in arms distance? Musin have to do a little thinking and innovating or just jump and parkour around. They are little fellas in a big fella world. Everything is interesting and an adventure can be made just by trying to reach a cookie jar on a counter.

So why play a musin? Musin have a handful of reasons to be played. For one they are a great way to break away from the everyday practices and really feel free and whimsical. They have barriers to be overcome which is a narrative in itself, a grand story to be told from the stout mousemen. And now we have a community created culture! One of the big things people disliked about musin when I asked is the lack of culture. While musin can blend into any culture and add any twists they like to it our new personal culture is now an offer, no one is obliged to roleplay it but it is now out there. I will link the culture posts in the spoiler below this text block here.

Spoiler

So with that said, if you are interested, curious, or otherwise have questions feel free to reach out personally or preferably join our discord! We have skinners who would happily make free musin heads, we have outfits, and a help channel for the CA. The recipe for success. Now all that is needed is you so we warmly invite you to come and join us once more. Excited to see you and May the 4th be with you!

discord:

https://discord.gg/6nF4bV2n

I’m a pretty new player returning to LOTC and have been having fun playing my Musin; mostly around Babblebrook Village near Dunwen. Though, I have met quite a few of you at the Cloud Temple too. My character is called “Knave” and he runs the local scrapyard and recycling center in Babblebrook. He is my only character and I am committed to playing him as my only persona. I’ll give you a few of my thoughts about being a Musin so far.

Stuff I like about playing Musin:

• Super positive players: Really a great group of players! I think wanting to play a cute little mouse-person must self-select for really nice people. I have yet to meet a rude Musin. Well maybe me sometimes. Damn.
  • Non-violent solutions: Musin are non-violent by nature, so it is interesting to have to find different ways to solve problems and disputes. Hitting each other with swords when we disagree is just not the Musin way. It’s refreshing!

Stuff I have disliked about playing a Musin:

• CA restriction: Not many Musin around, probably at least in part to the barrier to entry. Having to do a CA app to play a Musin is annoying. We have less “power” than most if not all other races. Why should it be restricted? People abusing their weakness?
  • Lesser Soul: I don’t like being told I have a “lesser soul”. It’s just small and efficient like me. I don’t mind the restrictions that come from it. I just don’t like the terminology and don’t think we would use the term ourselves. It sounds like colonizer language.
  • Random OOC discrimination: Never quite understood this one. I like Mickey Mouse so I must be some kind of degenerate? Weird behavior, but pretty rare and easy to ignore.

Things I would change:

• We should stop saying “Mouse-Men”. What about the ladies? Others? It’s not very inclusive and people might think we only want “men” involved. Mousekind? Mousepeople? Mousefolk?
  • Dump the CA for Musin. IMO it’s not needed. Let us police our players like the other races do. Between us and staff I am sure we can handle any problem players/characters.
  • I would like to see Musin culture grow and change organically with our players over time. I would like to see us embracing parts of other cultures we experience and inexpertly trying to graft them onto current Musin beliefs. Celebrating holidays that we don’t understand (and screw up) for example.
  • I would like to see Musin characters pushing into roles as great craftspeople and innovators of the world. I think the naivety of our people should be fading with time. We are smart and have nimble little fingers.

Musin themes I like and want to see:

• Junk and Packrats
  • Craftsmouseship
  • Railcart Racing Culture
  • Nature Shamanism
  • Hallucinogenic Drug-Based Religious Rituals
  • Science Mice!
  • Misappropriating Others’ Beliefs

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this. I have really been enjoying my time on LOTC. I bought gold VIP and am just about to come up on my 30 day voting milestone. If it sounds like fun, come play mice with us!

Hello all! I’m Zanael, some of you may know me as Patches the King of the Musin.

For me when I first joined LotC I was so happy with the fact I’d found a place where I could do D&D styled Roleplay on Minecraft.

Finding out there was a couple of races that wasn’t the standard fantasy races made me intrigued.

I started on this server as a Human, tried a High Elf, then one day decided to make a Musin.

At the time when I made my Musin, I noticed there was very little players playing as the micefolk, and that they didn’t have a place to call their own on Aevos.

So after seeing that I made it my mission to build a Musin vassal, and so Babblebrook was made.

What I love about Musin is the sense of community I’ve encountered, everyone has been so helpful and nice in helping build up our culture and town and from that I saw a rise in Musin CA’s being made.

Now I only play a Musin.

what I like about Musin:

* The kind and helpful community: Those who will help new Musin players make a CA, get a skin etc.

* The whimsical adventure RP: due to our love of adventures and legends, having Musin go out and travel to new places and see new things is really neat. There’s no politics or stress really needed since there’s enough of that with every other race. It’s a way to actually unwind.

* the random ooc/ irp messages saying how cute my musin is or how much people love musin. It puts a smile on my face.

Things I wish would Change:

* The random irp/ooc hate towards musin:

With the good times, there’s been some  bad times where Musin have been the target of hate/discrimination because what? We’re small mice people? Or we’re players who like playing as such? It’s never really explained.

* People saying they’ll make a musin CA and then never play as said Musin:

I’ve met a lot of people as Patches: the king of the Musin and people have told me they’d like to make a Musin.

this makes me happy since it helps build our community, but what I’ve noticed is that effort is made to help with CA struggles, make a skin for the new player etc then either they play the Musin for a day or never play it.

I’d love it if people who wanted to play a Musin were a bit more committed to it. (Irl stuff considered if it stops them playing.)

What I’d like to see in the future for Musin:

* Musin themed items: every other culture have their own style of rp items so why shouldn’t we?

* Musin shops/ trades: Agreeing with DrFong I think there could be more trades that Musin can go into.

* Musin players who want to take part in Babblebrook roleplay and to make it feel like a proper town.

I want to thank anyone who reads this and wish them a great day/night!

10 hours ago, Zanael Moonstrider said:

the random ooc/ irp messages saying how cute my musin is or how much people love musin. It puts a smile on my face.

This is a great point. It's a nice self esteem boost to have Bigguns always calling you cute. Will it become patronizing over time? We shall see. But for now, I welcome the praise!

ill play a rodent the day i can play a rat

3 hours ago, Lord_of_losers said:

ill play a rodent the day i can play a rat

say no more

Hello Y'all! most of you have probably not met me, but you may know me through King Patches, As I Play Queen Honey of Babblebrook, Patches' Wife.

I might be new to Musin as a whole but, and I've barely been on LOTC for a year, but Of all the characters i've had the pleasure of playing, none of them have quite had the charm that Honey does, The little community, both figuratively and literally, are always the sweetest of people, and the most receptive to newer members, The environment around Musin is so sweet and kind, and I can say with confidence that the VIP i bought to make this character happen (needed another character slot) was 100% worth the effort. Huge shout out to Zanael for bringing me in and hard carrying this little community as far as it has been.

Every one of the musin I've meet are amazing people to interact with and the only thing i wish for is to meet those musin that i've never met, due to poor timing or them never logging on, I'd Love to see some new faces as well, which is why i've made the effort to speak my mind here

I'll admit to not being here long enough to form an opinion as to what to change, but i highly agree with most of the points that Zanael brings up, the constant praise of our cuteness never ending cannot be beat. The false promises of musin players are also an issue I have witnessed as well, as sad as it is. Where many say they will play one, only never to log into them once made... And the constant out of character bias towards considering us all thieves has not been enjoyable... My hope one day is that Musin can be as common place as any of the other classic races, Although That is a dream we'll likely never see, its a dream worth dreaming.

I will continue to play and advocate for Musin so long as I am allowed to be as adorable as possible. I hope this little Love paragraph really goes to show how much fun musin can be, Thank you for taking the time out of your day for reading this, and regardless if you're a musin or not, I can't wait to see you all around from all the way down here!

Haven't made a musin but very tempted to, a niffty fun enjoyable community. Turbo is honestly such a great musin player, him and Zanael understand how whimsical and fun musin should be and have quality emotes while also being goofy fun adorable and just downright fantastic. Fun having my halfling with her musin friends, genuinely good quality rp. I find musin far more fun than elves and humans because of how fantasy like it feels, what a whimsical race! I hope it expands further and the community grows, one way to do that is continue to fight the needs of a CA, I agree with comments above its a bit annoying, and maybe remove the "Lesser Soul" wording as well, I feel like the whole soul thing itself shouldn't be known irp and feels weird.