The Drifter

xo31

Spoiler

wu4bx3w.png
The Drifter 
was once more receiving trouble from all around. Of his own doing, no less, as per usual. But there was something different, this time. A change. He wandered into Haense, and looked upon familiar eyes- eyes which did not look back with familiarity. But that was no matter, now. Those eyes reminded him that he was lost, blowing around like a leaf within the wind. This was no existence.

The Drifter wandered into the pewless church. In a place of worship with no seating, he found himself in the center of the church. The center of it. He spoke to the altar.

"What is my purpose?"

. . .

. . .

A voice rang out. One that was distorted. Was it Lanre's? Was it Auro'ra's? Was it Manfred's? Leonid's? Yera's? He couldn't tell. Perhaps it was all of them.

"You have nothing left but yourself. But 'yourself' doesn't have to be so worthless."

". . ."

"Prove your worth, but not to me. To yourself, and only then, will you prove it to me."

"I understand."

"You always say that, but you never actually do. You don't listen, you just do. Do you REALLY understand?"

"I do. I finally understand. There is nothing but power and worth."

"Good."
wu4bx3w.png

Spoiler

(obviously not common knowledge. just a silly rp post. he was actually just hallucinating as a product of voidstalking/veilwatching)

A scraggly elf squints at the rising sun, and thinks of the horned mage.

". . .******* wizards. I hope he does his job."