How To Avoid Making A Mary Sue / Gary Stu

Urahra

A good character i've always found interesting is make a Duke Nuke'm esque Character but make him do INCREDIBLY BORING THINGS in his spare time AND HE ENJOYS IT, Such as Spending his time reading very classical literature and fishing for hobbies (troll but still point stands)

(THERE WAS A LITMUS TEST BUT I REMOVED IT as it was there, I skimmed and now just read properly)

Like it. Really pretty and true. Haha better let all

Why does Urara always get attention?

Cause she is a Mary Sue :3 <3

The Application Team should ALL have this in there Sigs. IN BIG BOLD LETTERS!

Should save on a lot of time making that stud of a man or that attention ***** of a women ;)

Like it. Really pretty and true. Haha better let all

Why does Urara always get attention?

Cause she is a Mary Sue :3 <3

The Application Team should ALL have this in there Sigs. IN BIG BOLD LETTERS!

Should save on a lot of time making that stud of a man or that attention ***** of a women ;)

I'll have you know that I've taken a plethora of Mary Sue tests and I scored less than 5 on all of them.

Why?

Because Urara is a vain, nasty, ill tempered, hyper, ugly, boastful orc. And I wouldn't have her any other way. <3

Very good guide! Like it. Mary Sues are the first tripping block for many RPers so I'm glad this is getting pointed out thoroughly.

My concrit: Try to make your examples less laughably blatant. I know of many Sues running around in ignorance because they'd see these examples and think 'Heh I don't do THAT... I must be good.'

I'll have you know that I've taken a plethora of Mary Sue tests and I scored less than 5 on all of them.

Why?

Because Urara is a vain, nasty, ill tempered, hyper, ugly, boastful orc. And I wouldn't have her any other way. <3

I thought so. Orcs are pretty much easy not to be a MAry Sue or a Garry Stu. They are all the same really with being blood savages that look ugly and smell :)

The other races.... not so much. Am I right?

Very good guide! Like it. Mary Sues are the first tripping block for many RPers so I'm glad this is getting pointed out thoroughly.

My concrit: Try to make your examples less laughably blatant. I know of many Sues running around in ignorance because they'd see these examples and think 'Heh I don't do THAT... I must be good.'

I kind of made the "Mary Sue trait" examples ridiculous for the purposes of humor. There are more subtle examples within the guide itself - such as the farm girl suddenly gaining improbable fighting abilities.

Thanks for your criticism, though. I appreciate it.