Laurelin Vanguard - Recruiting!

Aerinyes

OOC:

MCName: lildeakin

Forum Name: lildeakin

Timezone: -5 GMT (EST)

Time spent weekly on LotC: 5-7 days a week, 5-10 hours a day.

Method of contact: through forum PM

Guild Experience: none

What is your Roleplay Experience? I am fairly good with RP.

In Character:

Character Name: Acaele

Race: Elf, subrace Wood Elf

Combat Experience: I have killed a few blazes and killed one or two undead.

Other Skills: 30 Archery, 10 wrestling

Short Bio: Acaele was hated by his family because of the death of his father, which he could have prevented. Now he lives on the paths and in trees near Laurelin. Since the day he was "disowned" by his family he has been training in his aiming and archery skills, aswell as hand to hand combat.

Recite the Vanguard Creed:

I will always protect Malinor.

I will never except defeat.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear.

(Edit: I choosen a different path for my character)

MCName: ShadowoKing

Forum Name: ShadowoKing

Timezone: GMT +0

Time spent weekly on LotC: Nearly everyday, only for few hours to nearly a day.

Method of contact: Forum PM

Guild Experience: The Walkers and slightly with The White Ravens.

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? Been playing this for months now, I been in The Walkers guild for a long time defending our base and little missions to talk to people.

In Character:

Character Name: Vain Loshelim

Race: Wood Elf

Combat Experience: I fighted with a sword and a bow, fighting our use-to-be enemies of The Walkers, The Spectres. Small fight on one day, I helped my friend on that day.

Other Skills: Used to lumberjack in the old days along with hunting animals. So I have skills of stealth and archery.

Short Bio: I want to start a new life, a life to forget my past life. This is a great start, a start to help my nation to be protected from evil. I expect that the Vanguard will protect Laurelin's people from the enemy that is outside and maybe inside, to prevent chaos inside the nations walls, I do not want people to die like what happened to me. I would fight to my last breath to protect the people with sword or with my bow.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

"Melin's blessing"

Deakin and ShadowoKing, read through the original post again, you all missed quite a few instructions.

OOC:

MCName: Longbow5

Forum Name: Longbow5

Timezone: US-EST (-5)

Time spent weekly on LotC: 10-15 hrs

Method of contact:/t

What is your Roleplay Experience? former member of the Guard of Aeriel (

In Character:

Name: Emanaf Delsaran

Race: Elf

Combat Experience: Battle of Al'kazar, monster fighting in the wilds, capture of Lord Fang

Other Skills: I enjoy fishing

Short Bio: I was trained in weaponry and other skills by my father, a guard himself. Lord Arion took me in after I first came to Aegis, and I joined the guards. When Arion was killed, I was forced to flee Aeriel. I want to join the Vanguard to be able to help and protect the people of Malinor.

I will always protect Malinor

I will never accept defeat

I will never leave a fallen comrade

I will never quit

So by the grace of Malin, I swear

(Re-post, I hope this one is better.)

OOC:

MCName: lildeakin

Forum Name: Username: lildeakin

Nickname: Deakin

Timezone: -5 GMT (EST)

Time spent weekly on LotC: 5-7 days a week, 5-10 hours a day.

Method of contact: Through forum PM

What is your Roleplay Experience? I have played a fair amount of games in which there were militaries, such games I am ashamed to say. Either way, I have played through multiple games where I have been a soldier, and trained very hard to become one of the best. Every military/guild I have been in usually ends with me being extremly loyal and me becomming the best, or close to it.

In Character:

Character Name: Acaele

Race: I am an Elf, subrace Wood Elf

Combat Experience: In the past few years of training, I have killed a few blazes attacking a few helpless bystanders, aswell as killed some undead scum who was going after a camp near the Cloud Temple. I have been trained with a bow since I was young, but only until now have I mastered the skill. My aiming was very poor until recently when I trained on trees in the Wilds. I have also trained in hand-to-hand combat incase I lose my bow and/or I am at close range.

Other Skills: I am a fairly good swordsman and a fair wrestler with my hand to hand combat skills.

Short Bio: Since I was little, my old village has hated me for the death of my father, which I caused by misaiming my arrow into his knee while he was being attacked by wolves. Ever since then I have lived out in the Wilds and in the trees near Laurelin as I train and watch how others train to prefect my archery. Because of this, I want to show the elves in my old village, and other elves that I can be a strong saviour. To help Laurelin and any elven or other racial cities and towns. I'll show them they were wrong, I'll show them a true Vanguard of Laurelin!

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

"Malin's Blessing"

OOC:

MCName: tthorn3

Forum Name: Varstivus

Timezone: (In Relation to GMT) EST -8

Time spent weekly on LotC: 38 hours

Method of contact: (email, Forum PM, ect, but please no social networking, or instant messenger, if you don't wish to disclose email and Forum FM is not available, put /t)Forum PM or [email protected]

Guild Experience: In the wayward knights, and the battlemages. In the latter I hold the title Apothecary.

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any?

Is a wayward knight as well as a battlemage. Is more of a behind the scenes guy than an up front fighter.

In Character:

Character Name: Varstivus

Race: Dark elf

Combat Experience: Self trained to use a sword with it's own weight.

Other Skills: Farming, fishing, potion making, and a bit of wood cutting

Short Bio: Varstivus has actually found it in himself to care about his nation. ((Le gasp!)) After attending a few battles and talking with a vanguard about it he decided that the vanguard might actually use him. Although his loyalties are to the battlemages, he feels that the recent rebellion is going too far and must be quenched.

I will never quit.

Longbow5, still need a bit of work on the bio. Your character isn't really telling why he wishes to join and what he intends to do for the Vanguard. You also need to read up on the Original Post as you're missing something else. Make the edits to your post (don't need to post a new one), and PM me once you've done so.

Deakin, everything looks good, but I need you to read through the Original Post thoroughly one more time. You're still missing something. Read up on what that is, edit the post and PM me once you've completed it. I'll give you further instructions from there.

Varstivus, need you to look into that bio. The IC portion of the application is what your character is actually writing. So it would need to be from the first person perspective. Also read up on the rules thoroughly as you too are missing something that's important. PM me when you make the edit to your post and I'll give you more instructions.

OOC:

MCName:

Repiteo

Forum Name:

Repiteo

Timezone:

CST ( GMT – 6:00 )

Time spent weekly on LotC:

45-65 hours

Method of contact:

Forum message, ingame or Skype would work.

Guild Experience:

Whispering Order

What is your Roleplay Experience?

For roughly 11 years, I have roleplayed; mainly through improviganzas.

In Character:

Character Name:

Well… The name I’m addressed as in most cases is Pal’un Drumm… However, a rare few call me, or even know for that matter, by my real name: Bhleg’angi Wryee. As for which I prefer… It depends on the “mood” I’m in… But for the most part, you’ll be calling me Pal’un.

Race:

…I thought that would be fairly evident by my appearance… Wait, what’s that? “Standard procedure?” Ah, quite… Well then… I am an orc. A “whitewash” orc if you will, but an orc nonetheless. And Im either one half or one fourth elf… But that’s fairly ambiguous due to there not being very accurate history on my background… It's plausible I'm pure orc for that matter. But what you should get out of this is that I'm predominately orc.

Combat Experience:

Ah yes combat, the standard question in any portfolio… Well let’s see here… Erm… Well I guess I shall start with the sword. I was never truly taught in how to handle one of the things “gracefully”… But I am fairly proficient at swinging it enough at something until it is horribly maimed. As for the bow and arrow… Hoo-boy… Rather lacking in that regard. Even being part elven, I was never taught the art of the bow and arrow… Although to be fair, I likely wouldn’t get that used to it anyway. I prefer close quarters to long distance combat anytime. Not because Im necessarily better at close quarters, but rather, I find it cowardly to have to fight a foe from afar. Axes however, I can use to a fault. Much like swords, I mainly flail them around until someone ends up dead. However, I prefer to use an aaxe for the purpose it is designed for: cutting down trees. I also have another “trick” in my arsenal for dealing with foes but I’d rather show you that little trick in person.

Other Skills:

I’m an exceptional excavator. Not only is it my job, but it’s almost a hobby. I love the feeling of sweat pouring down my head as I toil away at the hard ground, shaping it to the true glory it deserves. This coincides hand in hand with mining. Again, I do it mainly for the thrill of the work itself, rather than the bounty that comes with it. An odd hobby yes, but a hobby nonetheless. In addition, I’m fairly decent at cutting down trees; I don’t do this activity quite as much as groundwork, but it gets the same “rush” out of me. And although this next skill technically doesn’t aid the cause directly, I can play a specially crafted obsidian flute. I feel music can boost morale of a group, so that’s the main reason I include this on the application. ...Oh, and quite naturally, my arm-wrestling skills are near unmatched.

Short Bio:

Well lets see… How do I put this… Im what some would call a “heretic”… Not because I’m a betrayer, the almighty knows that certainly isn’t the case. I say this because I’m a “whitewash”, or rather distanced from the other orcs. In regard to this, I feel that I have moved beyond their barbaric tendencies and have learned to think though matters in a civil and dignified manner, albeit still retaining the ominous veil that is withheld in every orc. Now I’m not perfect, because the taint of Ibless does leave me with a hunger for bloodshed, as does with all orcs; that, I cannot stop. However, I do keep my pride, and respect those whom have authority over me, and respect those whom are below me. My honor and value strives to go toward a cause that is redeeming and righteous, and that’s why I deeply hope you shall oblige me in this regard. Now as for what I expect out of the Vanguard... I of course assume it is an A-grade society with top-notch members... But I simply hope that I shall be regarded as something beyond "trash" and seen for the true person I really am: a man of honor, loyalty and dignity.

*ahem*

"I will always protect Malinor."

"I will never accept defeat."

"I will never leave a fallen comrade."

"I will never quit."

"So help the grace of Malin, I swear it."

"Malin's Blessing"

Outstanding application Repiteo, though you are missing one little thing. I would request that you reread the Original Post thoroughly so that you get the instruction that you missed. Make the small edit to your application and send me a forum PM when you have done so.

I heard that Haelphon now owns the base? Does that mean the Vanguard are under new management, or does he just own the property?

I heard that Haelphon now owns the base? Does that mean the Vanguard are under new management, or does he just own the property?

I believe it is now Prince Bircalin that manages the Vanguard. I just haven't gotten around to making a post yet.

Applicantions will need to be approved by either him or one of the Officers of the Vanguard (Magistrate or Sylvan Guardian). As far as I know that would be Bircalin (Crippledbaboon), Seth(Mr_SneakyFace), or Ashur(Cosmik).

OOC:

MCName: XBLxSNAZZLEZ

Forum Name: Salamandra

Timezone: Central Standard. [2:47 right now]

Time spent weekly on LotC: At least 10 hours

Method of contact: Forum PM

Guild Experience: Head Mage Teacher of Mages Guild, assassin of White Ravens

What is your Roleplay Experience? 3 years of roleplaying before LOTC

In Character:

Character Name: Regaki

Race: Wood Elf

Combat Experience: I am quite skilled with a sword and bow. Very quick and agile alongside that.

Other Skills: Enjoys mining somewhat, can repair stone tools.

Short Bio: I do not wish to share much more information, but I will tell you a few things about myself. I enjoy hiding my face in a hood, so that others cannot see what expressions is on my face, and also for the fact that rain cannot soak me. Give me the right armor and tools, and I will be able to accomplish near any task you give me.

Recite the Vanguard Creed: I will always protect Malinor, I will never accept defeat, I will never leave a fallen comrade, I will never quit, So help the grace of Malin, I swear it.

OOC:

MCName: GreenTreeGuy

Forum Name: MoJoeRadio

Timezone: U.S, Eastern

Time spent weekly on LotC: 8-10 hours

Method of contact: Forums

Guild Experience: Wardens of Malinor and The Nords

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? (This could be in other games as well): A lot of roleplay experience as a close combat soldier, in other games and in LOTC. I tend to have a liking towards swords.

In Character: (Everything following is as if your character is writing it)

Character Name: Talus_Bronze

Race: Dark Elf

Combat Experience: I have gone through a grading on my swordsmanship, I got a 50. ((Implying on the level for swordsmanship))

Other Skills: Unfortunately, I have only focused on combat. BUT, I am willing to lumberjack and craft.

Short Bio: I wish to join because I feel so useless. My life is slipping away from my hands, as everything I loved and protected disappeared. I traveled, and I returned to the city after the news that Prince Mylas was murdered. I was horrified. Now the undead is freezing the forests, taking away the elves' pride in nature. I needed to take action. I feel like I need to take part in the movement of the Vanguards to protect the innocent. I will not be that same elf I was before. I am now a new person, and I'm willing to take part in something bigger then me, supporting the same reasons that I have to go on fighting and living.

I will never quit.

Never mind my appeal, i have recently taken up a new position in a different place. Sorry for any inconvenience

MCName: Bealess

Forum Name: adidas

Timezone: easter standerd

Time spent weekly on LotC: 8 hours

Method of contact: In-game, Teamspeak

Guild Experience: None, Hope i can learn from this one.

What is your Roleplay Experience? I have been on this server for over 3 months now.

In Character:

Character Name: Baeless

Race: Elf

Combat Experience: Swords, level 51

Other Skills: Blacksmith, 10

Short Bio: Im a Strong Tall Dark skin elf,my Mother and Father died when i was just 5 years old. So all the fighting i do is for them. I will do anything for my Father's and Mother's Name to go on.

Recite the Vanguard Creed: I will always protect Malinor.

I will never accept defeat.I will never leave a fallen comrade.I will never quit.So help the grace of Malin,i swear it.