+The Merry Men+

Nononymous

Merry Men  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Where Should the Merry Men Base be?

• A. Salvus
    • B. Andromeda
    • C. The Wilds
    • D. Don't Care

The Merry Men

OOC Portion of the Post

Behind every legend, there is a true story. The King’s Shadow was based off the true story of William the Conqueror and King Herold. The story of Uhtred of Bebbanburg was based off the events before and following King Alfred of Wessex’s death. But amongst these legends live a childhood story, a story of a noble bandit, and a story of men doing bad deeds for the greater good. The story of Robin Hood. To many interpreters throughtout history, Robin Hood was said to be Robin Locksley, a man of England. In reality, Robin Hood is Redbain Adelban, known to some as the Faceless Man, a dangerous bandit and villain, where to others he is known as a noble knight, doing good for all. Redbain is pure good and pure bad. He forever changes. Redbain IS Robin Hood.

If you can recall, Robin Hood had a group of accomplices known as the Merry Men. Redbain also has the Merry Men, but of a different sorts. When Redbain turns to Faceless, he is a member of the Hallowed Bandits. But as Ser Redbain, he is a simple knight, ever dutiful to Princess Kifaranga and Prince Markus Powell. In order to better protect his new family, Redbain must create a band of friends to protect those of Andromeda. And thus came the Merry Men.

The Merry Men will serve as the heroes of Andromeda, owing their full loyalty to Redbain who, in turn, gives all loyalty to Markus Powell, who raised him from a simple soldier to a knight. There are certain requirements to be a member of the Merry Men:

1. Must like/love Ale. If you don’t, just go.

In truth, that is the only requirement. There will only be (at maximum) fifteen Merry Men, excluding Redbain himself. ((I would like certain characters to be filled, much as they are in the actual stories))

Hopefully I can convince verrenn (Erria), BannanaToYou (Delthor Alzorth), and/or Trazier (Trazier) to join, as they have always been good RP buddies of mine.

I would like a Little John type character, large and ever cheerful.

(Hopefully an Orc)

I would like a friar that is not afraid to kill, and almost welcomes it.

(Hopefully a Human)

I would like two identical twins, both quirky and hilarious, constantly stirring up trouble (Hopefully Elves).

I would like a usually serious character, but remains a good drinking buddy. (Hopefully a Dwarf)

I would like a dark, shady character, but forever trustworthy.

(No race in particular) Position filled by xXDylan1013Xx (Lykos_Daekon)

None of these above are necessary; they only heighten your chances of being accepted. I will write up some guild lore later. The app below is not to be accepted into the guild; it only means that we will meet up in game and RP together. IF I enjoy the RP, you’re welcomed in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RP Portion of the Post

*A small bird lands on the grass beside you, pecking at the ground, searching for worms. Perturbed by your prescence, the strange bird begins to caw. You recognize the bird as a sparrow. But even more importantly, the red streak going from its head to its tail feathers, marking it as none other than Ser Redbain Adelban's own messenger bird. Startled by the realization, you check to see if there is a note tied to its leg. See there is infact a note, and an odd one at that. The letter reads.*

This is a call to arms! If you are reading this, then I, Redbain Adelban, am in need of help. These are all prewritten, so if the details are a bit sketchy, I apologize in advance. This note contains vital information about my group of men that you may possibly be joining. We are the "good guys" but are often apt to do bad things in order to achieve the good. ((There may be some antihero actions so I reccomend a VA. However, VA's are not required, members without VA's will simply not participate in Antihero affairs.)) We are not bandits, we are not rogues, we are a new brand of heroes. We fight for the good but our methods are not always clear, nor our reasons. We currently owe most, if not all, loyalty to Andromeda, specifically King Markus and Queen Kifaranga. On a side not, never call her by her full name, she hates it. At the moment we do much of Markus's bidding as we are the military of Andromeda, at least for awhile. I am not taking preferance over gender of the applicant, nor will I ever. Women are welcome amongst our ranks as much as men. Below is a current list of members:

1. Redbain Adelban ((Jtheo2016)) - Leader (The Juht)

2. Lykos Daekon ((xXDylan1013Xx)) - Ally/Trustee (Usal)

3. Liam Frostbeard ((wardog4445)) - Ally/Trustee (Usal)

4. Mandarin/Wheatley ((DivinusXiphias)) - Second in Command (The Teine)

5. Atarius Thunderblade ((iTakeYourCake)) - Member (Dalane)

6. Leonhard Mors ((LiesisAlie)) - Member (Dalane)

7. Nuvv Käyll ((Forgot, will PM you)) - Member (Dalane)

8. Johnson ((Nikias_1996)) - Member (Dalane)

9. Aerastarm Giusy ((Snateraar)) - Member (Dalane)

Should you choose to join us, I have included an application. Simply hand it to my bird and it will bring it to me. ((There are OOC portions of this application))

Application:

((MC Name)):

((IC)) Name:

Skill in Weapons (Sword, Axe, or Bow) ((Rate on bad to normal to good and then include actual level in OOC brackets)):

((Timezone)):

Race:

Country of inhabitant ((IG)):

((Skype Name (If you don't have one, please get one so I may create a guild chat))):

Answer one of the following questions based on what you ((IC)) would do in the situation:

A bandit paired with a slaver stands on the road, attempting to capture a halfling, later to be sold to an orc. You have no armor and no weaponry except for an iron sword. The halfling is also very lacking in weaponry, only having a golden dagger. What do you do?:

A blood mage is speaking with a Lord of Andromeda, trying to tempt him to betray Ascella and Salvus. Realizing the man is a blood mage, what do you do?:

((I hope for many creative responses!))

*After finishing the application, you tie it to the birds foot and watch it fly off. As it flies, you cannot help but hope you are accepted.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranking System and Their Jobs

Ranks:

The Ranking System is not terribly advanced, nor do I ever want it to be. Redbain is of course the leader, and from there everyone is close to equal in ranking. In total, there are five ranks as I do not think ((nor hope)) this guild will ever be particularly big. Note that these ranks will not be displayed on RP names so as to avoid meta and because I hate them. However if this guild becomes popular and large there will be a change of name and possibly a required section in the RP name.

The Juht (The Leader):

RP Job- The Juht's responsabilities include keeping tabs on his/her men, organizing attacks and raids the Merry Men participate in, making room for new members, establishing foot holds in other countries, helping to maintain good relations, creating alliances (with countries and guilds), declaring war on specific nations or guilds, and create elven weekly goals.

OOC Job- He/She is to help teach new players how to roleplay, speak to those in the guild that feel uncomfortable with another member OOCly, remain kid appropriate at all times so as to set an example, and to clarify details about timezones with new recruits.

The Teine (Second in Command):

RP Job- His/her responsabilities are to listen to the complaints of the men and bring them to the attention of the Juht. He/She is also to help the Juht plan attacks and such, organizing the men before a battle, often leading the men when gathering materials, taking charge when the Juht is missing, and making sure the Juht's orders are fullfilled.

OOC Job- He/She is to maintain organization, check for active members, help the Juht write lore for the guild, give suggestions to the Juht, tell the Juht when a player is stepping out of line (by powergaming or metagaming or any other action against server rules), and to help teach new players how to roleplay.

The Hedwich (Advisors):

RP Job- He/She is to help the Juht maintain good relations with other countries or guilds, often staying with the said guild/nation for long periods of time, to help advise new members of the Merry Men, help the Teine when needed, and provide miltary advice to the Juht.

OOC Job- He/She is to help the Teine discover players breaking the rules within the guild, to be respectful to the Juht and Teine OOCly, to help work out details amongst Merry Men who may or may not be able to make a specific battle so as to get them to come, and to help the Juht make arrangements OOCly with Nation/Guild leaders.

The Dalane (Member):

RP Job- He/She is to fight for the guild and create fun RP for everyone, at the same time upholding a good RP reputation for the guild.

OOC Job- He/She is to make other members comfortable, help when needed, and uphold a good OOC reputation for the guild.

The Usal (Ally/Trustee):

RP Job- He/She is to help the guild when needed. He/She is not an official member, but will lend arms to the guild should the Juht say the word.

OOC Job- He/She is required to refrain from slandering the guild and to tell the Juht when they can or cannot help (depending on situation).

Goals: Long Term and Short Term

RP Goals:

- To reduce the evil in the world

- Help to keep peace amongst nations

- Serve the Common Good yet do things creatively

- To help teach the new players on the server to roleplay

- To eventually stop the Blood Mages

- Destroy all those the guild believes evil (May include Nations, Guilds, groups, etc.)

- Protect Andromeda

OOC Goals:

- To avoid meta gaming and powergaming

- Point out to other players when they meta or power game (But do so to help, not to critisize)

- Create a good memory for those who join

- Create a good reputation for yourself and other members through good RP

- Help to improve fellow guild mates RP

((Hope to get lots of applications! Till then, enjoy Asulon!))

Mc name:

davidkelly765

IC name:

Wilf

Highest skill in weapons:

I'm on my phone but I think it's 5

Timezone:

England, London

Mc name:

davidkelly765

IC name:

Wilf

Highest skill in weapons:

I'm on my phone but I think it's 5

Timezone:

England, London

Depending on your RP you can join, but try to work on your swords levels. Would you be interested in filling any of the char descriptions?

MC Name:Divinusxiphias

IC Name:Wheatley

Highest Skill in Weapons (Sword, Axe, or Bow):

Bow 46 I believe.

Timezone: EST +6

-Update- Will be an IC Meeting soon, hopefully we can all go on TS at the time. Will begin lore on Friday with input from everyone.

EDIT: Does everyone have a skype? If you do, please PM me on the forums so I can create a guild chat.

MC Name:Divinusxiphias

IC Name:Wheatley

Bow 46 I believe.

Timezone: EST +6

MC Name: wardog4445

IC Name:Liam Frostbeard

100 axes

Timezone: EST

I have seen both of your RP, and quite frankly, you two are really good RPers, so both accepted! We can all meet up In Game on Saturday 12:00 EST if that is okay with everyone. I expect to see everyone, INCLUDING LYKOS AND ROLOF! Rolof, this will be your test to see if you can join. For those accepted, can't wait to see you guys!

I am not sure if I will be able to make it at exactly 12 EST, I have practice from 9 to 12 and I don't get a chance to sit down until about 1 or 2.

When would it work for you as I want everyone to be there?