Inengash Raiders

CosmicWhaleShark

Event Planners, MC Names: wardog4445

Event Type: Dynamic war claims with a 'raid race'

Event Date: Whenever the towns set up a date or the GMs approve of a date.

Factions/Nations effected by the event: All villages and towns of nations are susceptible to this event.

Event Location: Said village or town

Summary:The Inengash people or in common tounge, hill-raiders, are a ragtag and violent group bent on expanding their petty "empire". Fulled by a lust for power and renown these people prey on small towns and villages. They strike quickly and quietly with a savage grandeur. Razing the buildings of the "soft people" and pillaging their armory, treasuries and personal riches. Uneducated and only organized by the select few horseman they are not typically at great threat to nations or capitals. They are the fringe group of the human Myrcans. They prize their skills with the bow, axe and horsemastery. Speed and ferocity are their tactics and they rarely have the materials needed for metal craft. Therefore they typically wear light armor, leather and chain, and use the metals and resources they have for axes and swords.

Concept Images/Screenshots Just think of any stereotypical medieval raid on a town.

Other Information:

If I do get this group approved then we will be for the most part RP oriented since we will be attacking small towns and villages. PvP can happen but I would like to be a step more towards Grabthar's pirates and a step away from the diamond bandits. 

Pros:

Towns and villages have the potential to draw more players to their area since the players will want to participate in the event.

Towns and villages would be able to increase feudal RP by contacting nation leaders for military aid.

A new flavor of RP for all! I have not seen a good feudal raid for a while on here.

Cons:

Raiders will need to be approved to make sure they don't abuse their RP position. I actually might request GMs be raiders along side us to ensure tip-top quality RP on our side. Much like the Atrican battle.

The raiders will not get any of the actual items, all items should be returned save a few 'spoils' for the raiders PvP fights, if the raiders win RPly then we'll just get a few iron ingots for weapons and food. To be RP accurate with said successful raid.

The raiders will lose almost every battle. It's inevitability is essential for a fun event for the town. We will do four to five skirmishes within the town, if we win the majority then we will 'raze' the town and move on. A town can win if they decide to PvP or they RPly get assistance from their nation. As a whole though the town is not supposed to be heavily equipped with armaments though. Watch any medieval shows or movies, Merlin, King Arthur, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings. A town should not be able to fight back a surprise attack from raiders. 

What I'm trying to say in the paragraph above is. We will win a few of the town skirmishes, however the plan is for the town to eventually overcome us as they grow accustomed to our raids. We will eventually lose for it is supposed to be the stereotypical fight against the bully, the bully being the raiders.

After our loss we move onto the next town since we would be RPly nomadic

Alright so thoughts? I'll freshen this up on an actual computer later I just wanted to jot down my ideas before I forget.

This is an amazing idea, hopefully it'll be approved. This would allow nations to offer protection to the towns and villages, encouraging them to move to said nation.

This will destroy all the small annoying towns that are in the middle of nowhere, and ruin the experience?

I support.

I love this! I was thinking of suggesting a barbarian race that does just this but this way seems better!

Yeah this needs to happen. However, I don't think the items should be returned, that's poor RP.

Also, I'd like to see some of the weaker towns be destroyed by these raids.

Maybe you could collaborate with Gaius, who is working on a Mongol -Arabseque nomads? It would be better to have a collective group of talented people working together.

@Aislin

The PvP fights would have no items returned. The RP fights would have items returned since people would be good sports with the /damage tool.

@firespirit44

I'm not sure if Gaius would want his race portrayed in the way I wish to portray mine. We would be much much more savage. Also this would be an event race, we might RP as these guys for the three days of our camping and our eventual ransacking of the town, but eventually we return to ou former characters to resume our RP until the next war claim on another small village or town.