Event Suggestion Asulon Tournament

tomahawk90

Event Planners, MC Names:

Tomahawk90

Event Type:

Arena Fight, business opportunities and chance to meet and compete with other races and nations

Event Date:

-

Factions/Nations effected by the event:

All who care to join

Event Location:

On another server with a portal near the cloud temple, or in Asulon near the cloud temple.

Summary:

A repeating (if possible) tournament, set in a grand arena. The most important part is that the tournament aims to be a neutral zone, where every race and every nation can join and compete, even if they are at war. Depending on the amount of participants, a few forms of combat will be possible, and participants can always suggest more. the possibilities are as endless as the imagination of everyone willing to contribute.

Next to the fights, some merchants are allowed to set up shop for the duration of the tournament on the tournament grounds for those who attend the event, selling food and weaponry. For every item, only one or two merchants are available, and every merchant may only sell one item. If the tournament is allowed to be held more then once, care will be taken to provide a plot for different shop-owners every tournament, and shop plots will be free of charge to give everyone a chance to be that shop owner, providing they have sufficient amounts of stockpiled goods.

Minas will be acquired for the tournament by having an entrance fee for the contestants, which differs per tournament they wish to enter so players who do not have a lot of Minas can gain some Minas and renown too, while the fights in which a lot of Minas can be made and which are the most glorious ones to win require a larger sum to be allowed to participate. Contestants can join multiple different fights, so it can well be that one contestant wins multiple fights. The Minas that is acquired is usually completely put into the price money, a small piece of it may be used for providing the Minas that is needed for running the gambling den.

Anyone can bet on the outcomes of fights in the gambling den. I am not familiar with how gambling works but it exsists in real life so there is ofcourse a way to make it work. If there is a profit from the gambling den, that Minas goes to the price money for the fights.

Winners of fights are the only ones who may carry a title to let the world know they are the best fighter in that field and have their name engraved into the hall of fame.

Concept Images/Screenshots

Orzammar from Dragon Age

Petranaki from Star Wars

Other Information:

Different fights: Think of the difference between gear being supplied or allowing participants to bring their own gear (1 chest of gear for the whole tournament fi), teambattles between different races, battles between nations/factions for teams or for individuals, last man standing (1vs1vs1vs1), battles for specific styles of fighting, a winner-takes-it-all battle in which all the price-money goes to the contestant that is the last one standing, a fight for those with low fighting skills without an entrance fee for the newest players, and many mixes with fights against monsters such as comparing how long teams/individuals can stand against a horde of zombies, or a last man standing with monsters running around as well,

The lay-out of the Arena as I thought it up is as follows; a large ring of sand, with grandstands around it where the audience can witness the fight and cheer for their idols. Every 90degrees there is a gate through which contestants can enter the arena (so thats 4 gates). On these gates different buildings are situated, such as the gambling den, a balcony for the Arena grandmaster with some levers to control the gates, and skyboxes for former grand champions of the Arena, heads of state and those willing to pay for entrance. These boxes are the place to be for making new connections and finding business partners, but the goal is to also fill the grandstands with people who would otherwise not meet each other. Fences seperate the audience from the contestants. Underneath the Arena, every gate has an attached waiting room for the next contestant, attached to a larger room where contestants can store their belongings in chests and wait till it is their turn to enter the final waiting room. All 4 gates have their own rooms and seperate exits, so no deals can be made in for instance 1vs1vs1vs1 fights. The main gate (under the main skybox) is the one through which the winner will leave the arena, this one has another door which leads to a central room with one-way-passages to the 4 rooms with chests. If monsters are involved they will come from the gates as well, how to do this is something to discuss with GM's, but I have it working in my creative single-player world so it is definitly possible.

In my mind, the shops are outside of the Arena, along the pathway towards the entrance, and are temporary shops much like market stalls. Right before the entrance to the arena the audience walks through the hall of fame.

RP-reason for me to do this:

My own pride and jealousy have caused misfortune to me before, and the Undead invasion of Aegis made that misfortune a lot worse, making sure I could never seek forgiveness from those I had also caused misfortune. For the fall of Aegis, I blaim the fact that the races and nations where to busy in fighting each other instead of this common foe, and this is my reason to look for a solution for this. The arena would in my mind satisfy the bloodthirsty among us, and provide a neutral ground for nations to solidify better relations. And if I can help prevent something like the undead invasion from happening again, it would feel to me as at least repending for my sins a bit.

feedback would be greatly appreciated, and if it's accepted as being good enough to work it out more, it would be great if a GM could help me out with further questions. I work with worldpainter and MCedit, so I can do a lot by myself.

Denied,

This Member is inactive and there is already an event exactly like this, Click Here

Were the player to return to the server he is more then welcome to re-create this event in a more individual fashion.