The Traitors of the Greywise Cult

Blundermore

((Note, the lore of Dread knights has been approved long ago, I've just recycled my lore and updated it to fit with the times))

141393-pic_18.jpg

There is a forest within the borders of the Empire of Oren to which the peoples of such kingdom no longer dare set foot within alone. A forest to which children are told of as they fall off to sleep. A forest once proud turned gnarled and rancid. Talks of strange figures in the mists and foul smells in the air. In recent times the forests of the Greywise mountains have become abrupt with something lurking within. The spirits of the trees now hateful and cruel to all who can speak to such. A darkness cast over the forest, there is a grim feeling of dread and fear to look apon such woods.

For within the forest now lies the damned, the betrayed, the forgotten, the cursed... and the dead.

To those who have witness such, they've seen only their handy work behind them. Mutilated bodies and flesh strewn forest floors tell tales of bouts of cruelty beyond normal measure. Others have seen warriors clad in armour of black, with souless glares move out of sight at a mere instance within the mist.

mist_tree.jpg?w=300&h=273

((que the part people can read but can't meta))

Lore:

This enemy though is an enemy that has been seen in the lands of Asulon before, back in the earlier years when strife was more abundant. A group of mages are to blame in their quest for power. "Blood mages" they were called, taking and forcing, they attacked the free peoples of Asulon with their assortment of magical abilities.

It was not before too long that they created one of their most diabolical servants of yet.

The Dread knights.

The Dread Knights… out of all the creatures, beasts and malcontemplations that plague the halls of Lythien and its’ surrounding landscapes, these barren and gaunt men and women of zeal were the very form of what a soul becomes when it has been trapped and tortured for many years.

Their creation came near to the beginning , after the first emergence of the Bloodmages. These men and women were one of the first few to make their stand, like many against the Bloodmages. Unfortunately for them... they got more than they bargained for. They were rash, some. Even going as far as to challenge Bloodmages in single combat. Going even as far as accepting the terms of combat that the mages gave... “If I was to so win this bout... Your soul will be forfeited to me until release.” So sure were these men and women of their own combat prowess that they accepted without hesitation, and the duel of fates ensued.

Apon loosing the combat, the Bloodmage performed a rite of sealing apon the unfortunate near death warrior, binding his/her soul to the Bloodmage’s whim and freezing the warrior in place. A gaunt face overtakes their once proud looks as they become living statues. Doomed to watch over the Altars of the creator until needed.

In all retrospect, this is a fate worse than death itself. The unfortunate Warrior is allowed to effectively “die” a slow and painful death within its’ own sealing’s. Flesh and bone allowing to decay as they stand dormant. But due to the sealings place apon them in life... they do not escape their fate in death. Their souls become bound to the armour they once wore. Even as it rusts and stains with age. Until effectively the Dread knight becomes the armour. The process is a form of “breaking” within its’ own right as well. Turning them till they are nothing more than harsh, life hating drones; “The perfect soldier “it seems.

They hate and, love life with a passion. For they are not truly evil, just lost. They hate those that they once called kin out of jealously, that they should be able to live out their lives to the fullest whilst the Dread knight must live a submissive life as a slave. Bidden to do whatever his/hers masters tell it. But love it also, for they know that deep down, behind all the torment and bloodshed. They know that one day... it shall be life that sets it free from its’ shackles. It shall be life that challenges it to single combat, and it shall be life that slays it.

They are relentless warriors, much like that of the fabled Paladins. Some even say that they are, or at least were paladins. Pushed into service as warriors of undeath. They will make up the main stay of militarial officer might within the Order of blood’s armed forces. Making blunt, horrific decisions that most right minded people would not. For the Bloodmages are still of our kind after all... they still feel emotion of all kinds. Granted there are some among them that have different ideas and morals, but that comes with individuality.

As said before, the Dread Knight is a suite of armour. A walking suite of armour. Hollow within it walks this world as doom driven servants of the Order. So they do not take damage as how any normal person might. They will still feel the pain deep inside of them, that instinctive feeling of still being whole ever so mocks them. To the better part though, they cannot truly be killed by having their helmet taken off through decapitations or being stabbed with sword lunges etc… For if disassembled only slightly, but allowed to endure, the knight, with relentless zeal to carry out its’ master’s orders, shall rise again, rebuilding itself slowly, re-gathering the pieces of armour that make up its’ body and soul. Until it is finally again renewed.

It stands to reason then that the only real effective way to “kill” a Dread Knight is to disable and separate each piece of the Knight. Until you are left with but a pile of broken armour. Allowing you time to escape, but slowly, and over time, it shall reform again anew... and ready to kill once again.

Time went slowly in lythien, the plotting of the Bloodmages and the toil of their servants continued onwards, it was not until the Dread knights started to regain control of themselves that the tide changed.

Rising up, they broke free of their shackles, a great battle rouse up within lythien as all things were put to the slaughter. Once the dust and fires died down, the remained but a few knights left standing, and no mages to be seen. Corpses littered the landscape around and little life was left to be seen.

It was then that the knights departed back to their home land within the south of Asulon.

It was not to be though, they were cast out by their kin, named "traitors" and "Heretics" and "unclean" by the new Religion of this Empire called "Oren". With a roar of rage they left the sounds of the life that was Oren. Left it far behind before coming across the forest path into Greywise.

Vowing to have their revenge, they disappeared into the mists, until the fateful day that the lumberjack was found...

http://www.lordofthe...or/page__st__10

Now, they are a warband of insane knights and cultists and all other manner of outcasts from the known world. Lead by the first Dread kinght "Valdius_Bile", he has taken on the title of Lord of the Greywise forest.

Taking the rituals they learnt from the bloodmages, they now apply the curse to their victims, turning them into what they've become so long before them. Breaking their will until they are as much hateful as the Dread Knights they will soon come to call Brother and sister themselves.

-OOC-

What does it mean to BE a Dread Knight?

A dread knight is a victim of many cruel events in his or her life. Driven insane from the braking process that is a dread knight. They are heavy, lumbersome creatures with souls as black as the void now and filled with hate.

Notable attributes would be that they cannot swim, they are crude, they are not subtle in the slightest, that they still feel pain , rust can effect them and they are slow. However, they cannot be killed through normal means, they are quite strong and they cause fear to those who look apon them.

How do I join?

There are two ways of becoming a Dread knight, one is to make up what I call a "First Generation" Dread knight, a character who was taken by the Blood mages and is now part of this warband.

The next way is to be taken in RP (with the approval of you of course) and to turn your character into one then. This is what I call the Second generation Dread knight. Note of course if you do become one there is no turning back, your character WILL be scared forever and remain a Dread knight until release. (Basically think about if you really do want to become one, because this is a choice that you OOC'ly should not make lightly). What you must realise is the fact that becoming a Dread knight nearly always is more of a curse than a gift that any normal thinking person will want. The process will take at least a week or two OOC'ly to account for the time of transition between your character to dread knight.

Do I need a VA?

Yes, you do need a va and a VERY strong stomach because a few of the things we do are very gruesome to say the least. A VA of at least 2A,B and 3 will do. Any others are just extra fluff for your character.

What are my personality traits going to be after I become one?

A Dread knight's personality reflects the person who became one plus the revengeful hatred that comes with it. When RP'ing as one it is best to think of your character before, then apply those points to him.

What is the RP like for a Dread Knight?

Now, this is a big point, Dread knights are very heavy on the emotes and do not talk a lot such emotes as "Heavy foot falls stop as the lumbering knight comes to a halt" or "The Dread knight stares at you and you feel fear run down your spine at his very vigil". We are more of a theatrical group than a large conversational group. (What do you have to say really when you are what they are?)

Do I have to be a dread knight?

No, you do not have to be, we are a group that are all outcasts now, taking in the likes of litches, rogue mages, villains, the lot.

I want to join:

If so fill out this small app

MC Name:

IC Name:

I want to become a dread knight Y/N?

If selected yes for dread knight, do you want to be a first generation (new character) or a second generation (add on to existing character)?

I want to become apart of your group because:

What can I bring to this group?

Time zone:

List of members:

Dreadknight first Gen:

Blundermore ((playing))

Craotor((pending))

Volutional ((pending))

Italian_assassin ((pending))

Glylith ((Pending va))

firespirit44

Second gen:

smamuel ((will need confirmation that you indeed wish to be second gen))

Lymdil ((I really want to see a hobbit dread lol, but I think you might loose points on intimidation tactics... we should discuss))

Leland22((I will need to discuss with you what you want to do, if you want to do this to your character or not...))

Followers, asylum seekers, volunteers etc...

Levirad - fighter, bandit type, general outcast maniac. "Welcome to the crew" - Davey Jones.

ixtec - secret cult follower, mouth piece, our reach.

I've joined and gone through the rp needed (if second gen), Now I need a skin for a dread knight, where can I get one?

There is one option, you can use the website www.minershoes.com and pull the skin I have off my MC profile to edit as you wish. Not all our skins are the same and I in fact encourage that you change the skin to your liking. Seeing how you are how you are when taken, though a main feature that should be shown is dark colours. Your could be creative and come up with skins with armour worn by say, a knight group that has been painted over with black or worn and gnarled armour. I myself have put bloodstains onto my skin and I am planning on putting more wear and tare into the armour.

You could also choose to use the skin of Volutional's character as a base. It offers a different style of skin that may suit some of you more "ranger" styled warriors.

Failing that, you could design your own skin. That is also acceptable

MC Name: levirad

IC Name: Varrond

I want to become part of this group because: Well to be honest, I am not getting satisfaction out of 'lone' Villan RP. I would like to RP with a group of Villains, also because I really enjoy Rp'ing with Villains who are 'rotten to the core'. This seems like an interesting group and I can see them becoming the next undead possibly? I also I have been studying this group quite closely for a while (as you know).

What can I bring to this group: Well my character is a 'psychopath' hater of humans, who kills and tortures for pleasure. I can see this mixing well with the big cumbersome, solemn Dreadknights, making for some interesting RP. (I have accepted VA for stealing, lockpicking, unprovoked killing, killing for pleasure, twisted ways of killing, and torture. I can write a mini VA for 3 if needed, and when the time comes ;) )

Timezone: My timezone is GMT.

(dat first app)

Ok then, I'll take you on. We shall meet at some point in rp))

:3

Removed because a FM somehow found it inappropriate to post a meme that shows that I wished I had a VA. I'm sorry if anyone was/felt offended by me, I'm very sorry.

MC Name:

Glylith

IC Name:

A new character under the name Keegan.

Yes, I want to become a dread knight.

If selected yes for dread knight, do you want to be a first generation (new character) or a second generation (add on to existing character)?

First generation for my existing character is well doing fine.

I want to try different roleplay for once and well seems like this could possibly be a lot of fun.

Not too sure, time will tell.

Time zone:

EST

((Yes I know, I will work on getting a VA for the new character.))

MC Name: ixTec

IC Name: Athir Faiwood

I want to become a dread knight Y/N? No thank you

I feel, as my Villain Application, that this will allow me to add to my roleplay massively and create a path I can develop my character through.

What can I bring to this group? I was speaking with Blundermore and he mentioned they were in need of a "messenger" of sorts, between them and other people without them running away, screaming. I feel I can fill this role and add something special.

Time zone:GMT

MC Name: Smamuel.

IC Name: Aelor.

I want to become a dread knight Y/N? Yes.

If selected yes for dread knight, do you want to be a first generation (new character) or a second generation (add on to existing character)? I would prefer to be a second generation dread knight. Aelor fits your bill completely, and I haven't RP'ed on him much.

I want to become apart of your group because: I want to be apart of your group to create a type of role-play I've never had before. I wrote up Aelor's VA mainly because I've never played a hateful and despicable person. My characters normally stick to the innocent and energetic characters that makes lots of friends etc.

What can I bring to this group? I can bring a character that is very talented at pick-pocketing (Level 100 Thievery) and also a very talented swordsman (Level 100.) My character will be very different from most you see because of his constant mood changes and theories on subjectivism. My characters mind is weak and he will probably go mentally insane sooner or later. Aelor is an accepted villain for 1, 2a, and 2b.

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time(US/Canada.)

[Very well done, I commend you on this.]

MC Name: firespirit44

IC Name: Krios, the Harbringer

I want to become a dread knight Y/N? Yes

If selected yes for dread knight, do you want to be a first generation (new character) or a second generation (add on to existing character)? First generation

I want to become apart of your group because: Its something I've never tried before, and something I'm somewhat keen to try as well. Cold, hate, fury. The things of a Deathknight from WoW in layman terms. It'll be interesting to hate my creators and hate life.

What can I bring to this group? I bring my skills in my writing, I bring my skills of forging, I bring my skills of dueling. Krios would used to be Sir Markett, a hedge knight. He died in a duel with a cheating bloodmage.

Time zone: Australia, GMT+10

MC Name:

Lymdil

IC Name:

GoboKanzler_Woob | Lym

I'm viable.

Do you want a Dread Knight Halfling or a first generation one? ^_^ Your choice.

I lack something to do and you kindly asked me to fill out this app if I felt like it :3

125 skill credits which can go into either swordsmanship or axe mastery straight, a constant FPS of 50+, PvP experience and Close-Combat experience, tons of previous villainous experience before this.

Time zone:

GMT+1 | Currently GMT+2 due to summer time.

MC Name: Leland22

IC Name: My current villain is The Skull

I want to become a dread knight Y/N? Yes

I would prefer a first generation though if there are to many I am willing to become second generation

I would like to have some fun villainous RP playing a character shunned from the rest of Asulon

Myself and quiet a bit of RP experience due to my length of time on the server.

Time zone:

CST

Could I ask that all members add me on skype so we can co-ordinate better?

"blundermore" is the name, British is my nationality.))