[Event Proposal] The Freezing of Arethor

Urahra

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy this event?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe. (Post opinion below.)

Event Planners, MC Names: Hadlais, Frosted_Petal, ScarletKaiser, Tyber1231, AspectGC, SpamShok, Snowy_Kitty

Event Type: Passive Event - We just seek to “change” the look of Arethor for a little while.

Event Date: If accepted, it would take place over a number of days, possibly a week.

Factions/Nations affected by the event: Oren and those living in/near Arethor.

Event Location: Arethor

Summary: The Fjarriauga (or Frost Witches in the common tongue) have crept from their icy tower and entered into the bustling city of Arethor. Starting by freezing the main fountain in the town square, the Frost Witches begin blanketing Arethor in snow and ice, little by little. All during this time, the five icy women will be lurking around the city, capturing and devouring unsuspecting men as they usually do. Eventually, the entire city will be smothered with snow, a token demonstration of the power and mystique of the Fjarriauga.

This event won’t disrupt the pace of RP in Arethor too much. Basically all we’re asking is to freeze the fountains, possibly freeze the docks, and cover the city with snow. This won’t happen all at once, of course. We would possibly freeze the fountains first and spread a little snow around. The next day, we’d possibly cover the rest of the city in snow. The next day, we might freeze the water around the docks. Other targets may include the city aqueduct and the sewers.

As a big final event, it might be fun to collapse the roof of the palace throne room and fill the throne room with snow.

During this process, the five Fjarriauga would be stalking around Arethor in disguise and attacking people in secluded places. If we could possibly have NPCs representing dead, mutilated bodies lying around, that might heighten the RP panic the event may inspire.

The event would possibly last for an OOC week, then the snow/ice in Arethor would be cleared and possibly things would return to normal.

RPly, the Frost Witches would accomplish all this under the cover of night to avoid detection by guards, citizens, and other such people.

Concept Images/Screenshots: N/A

Other Information: N/A

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Nope. Though we will need GM assistance.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: We might like to have GM assistance to put snow everywhere and to spawn enough ice blocks to fill the fountains/harbor in the city. We may need builders if the idea to collapse the palace roof is acceptable.

Make a poll.

Edit: Yes, as long as the frost witches are real people that may eventually be caught and burned at the stake. ;-)

I very much like this event, hopefully it will strike some fear into the people of Arethor. I also like the idea of a few mutilated bodies lying around.

Anyways +1 from me.

Is it possible to stop the Frost Witches from reaching their goal?

^ And; perhaps not a week, that seems a bit too long. Perhaps 2 or 3 days?

Event seems like fun.

--Seventh

Our goal is to RP-kill some people and cover the town in snow.

We're pretty nice to our victims, all things considered. Those we "kill" won't be asked to /damage 20 or give any of us their items.

And we will be lurking around in disguise, so it is possible to catch one or more of us.

I agree with Alex. THis is a good event, but only if we're able to kill or capture the witches.

I think its a great event, and I can't wait to see it happen.

+1

Guest Guest

^ And; perhaps not a week, that seems a bit too long. Perhaps 2 or 3 days?

Event seems like fun.

--Seventh

The reason why this event must take at least a week is because the frost witches aren't powerful enough to freeze Arethor as a whole in one hit. It was planned to happen gradually over 2-3 IRL days and the rest of the week would be for RPing along side the snowy apocalypse.

I like. I really like.

If you ever plan another event like this, the Vale is a nice place~

If you ever plan another event like this, the Vale is a nice place~

Halflings make good snacks, too.

*rubs hands*

This will be good, hopefully.