The Malinor Sentinels

WickedRN

*Many crisp, new papers are posted throughout Asulon. They read:*

The Malinor Sentinels

Who are we? We are the soldiers of Malin. We are the protectors and servants of the High Council of Malinor and its people. As one, we rise to defend our great lands in the name of the Princedom. It has been our duty for centuries to ensure peace and safety of the great lands of Malinor. We are the Sentinels.

Sentinel Laws and Guidelines

• Sentinels must always obey the orders and respect the authority of the High Council. By serving in the Sentinels they pledge an oath to the High Council to protect the people and engage any enemy of the Holy Princedom that the High Council dictates.
  • Sentinels must obey the orders of those superiors appointed over them. Disobedience is to not be tolerated as it flies in the face of discipline and good order. Orders are to be carried out to the best of one's ability in order to ensure that the complete effort of the Sentinels in its duties to the Holy Princedom does not falter.
  • Sentinels must not allow foreign concepts of 'honor' or the like to intrude on their duties. At the same time the Sentinel must not commit atrocities that would fly in the face of the ordeals of the Holy Princedom of Malinor.
  • Sentinels should never surrender so long as there is a means to resist, nor should a leader surrender the Sentinels under their command so long as they have a means to resist. Cowardice is also insufferable for a Sentinel to display. All measures should be taken so that no Sentinel or Citizen is left behind to their fate during conflict or disaster.
  • If a Sentinel is captured, they will make every effort to escape such captivity. If more then one is present they will work together to escape. Captured Sentinels will never accept bribes or gifts from their captors. They will refuse to answer any interrogations to the nature of their duties.
  • Improper conduct within the Sentinels is not to be tolerated. Sentinels represent the arm and shield of the Holy Princedom and must keep the best appearance up at all times.

All Sentinels, new and current must swear to abide by these codes.

Standards of Conduct

Insubordination - Disrespect towards a superior or disobeying a duty given by a superior is considered insubordination. This includes dereliction of such duty. This is a minor offense in Malinorian law. Exception is if the superior is apart of the High Council in which this is a severe offense instead.

Assault - Physically striking an innocent citizen of Malinor, another Sentinel, innocent Foreigner, or other official that is not under arrest or resisting such. This is a minor offense or severe if a weapon is used. Elevated to severe and capital offenses if such is a superior.

Dissension/Sedition - Speaking out against the High Council, the Malinor Sentinel, or the Holy Princedom. Slandering an official or superior is also covered here. Such is the equivalent of a severe offense or capital offense if determined to be treasonous.

Mutiny - Rising up against once superiors. This is punishable by capital offense, resulting in either exile or execution, or in certain cases Unceremonious Death.

Improper Conduct - Equivalent to the Malinorian law representing disorderly conduct. Sentinel are expected to conduct themselves appropriately at all times and not bring discredit to themselves, the Sentinel or the Holy Princedom. The severity of the offense depends on the impact of the action.

General Law - All actions not covered here but are covered in Malinorian law apply to this article. The document on the offenses describes the punishment required for offenses not listed here for Sentinel that commit such offenses.

Removal - Those Sentinels that commit an equivalent to a severe or capital offense will be removed from the Malinor Sentinel. Repeated offenses of a minor nature will also subject the individual to removal as well. Superiors of sufficient rank may remove a subordinate if they feel they do not make a good match for the Sentinel. This may be overturned by their superior or the High Council.

Initiates and Scouts may be removed by a Sentinel or higher, Wardens may be removed by a Sentinel or higher. Anyone may be removed at any time by a member of the High Council.

Duties

1. Protect the Citizens of Malinor at all times. Do not allow them to come to harm. Then protect fellow Sentinels from harm. Finally do not allow Foreign law abiding visitors to come to harm.

2. Maintain oneself at all times. Equipment should be repaired if damaged, replaced if lost. Training ones abilities for conflict should be done periodically to keep one’s skills sharp. Finally one should take care of oneself, making sure to not succumb to sickness or injury.

3. Report all nonstandard occurrences to one’s superior. This should continue from subordinate to superior until it reaches the High Council. Issues that can be handled at a lower tier should be done, issues that cannot will be reported to one’s superior. Accuracy and details of such reports is important.

Ranks

High Prince - The Leader of the High Council. In defense and military affairs, the High Prince or Princess serves as a Commander in Chief. They are advised by the High Council, as well as the High Commander when they directly involve themselves in the Sentinels.

Prince/Princess - Position in the High Council. All Sentinels are to obey the orders given by a Prince or Princess. Occasionally a Prince or Princess will serve as the commander of the military and in which case the High Commander (if one is present) serves as their adviser.

High Commander - Oversees the entire military as well as compiles the reports of their Sentinels and gives the pertinent information to the High Council. The High Commander may sentence offenders for any level of offense (minor, severe, or capital). This rank is capable of performing the duties of any rank of the Sentinels.

Guardian - Assistant to the High Commander. The Guardian is responsible for upholding the duties of the High Commander when he/she is unavailable. They cannot make major decisions as a High Commander would, but may pass on his or her words to the lower ranks and High Council. The Guardian may also act as an adviser to the High Commander, and may perform the duties of any rank below them.

Sentinel - Functions as a commander of the Sentinel in an entire city. They receive their reports from their Wardens and compile them for the High Commander. When needed, Sentinels may perform the duties of any rank below them.

Warden - This rank handles day to day affairs. Compiles reports for the Sentinel appointed over their city. They are in charge of patrol routes and given access to the gates in order to regulate the entry of visitors. This includes city gates, customs at the ports, and other passages. Their posts serve as a central point for Outrider patrol routes. Wardens may also make patrols. Wardens are also able to sentence offenders for Minor or Severe offenses, but not capital offenses. Wardens can function in the duties of any rank below them.

Scout - The main body of the Sentinels. These elves are fully capable of making arrests to those who trespass the laws of the Princedom. Scouts are expected to patrol the cities and wilderness around the Princedom.

Initiate - A probationary rank used for training purposes. These are assigned to a Warden to train and mentor. They have no ability to make arrests on their own, they can only assist Scouts or above in such matters unless explicitly instructed otherwise.

Joining

To join the Malinor Sentinels you must contact Earenniel (MaddyKL), Feranhir (541), or Benedict (Spikehaserd) (either in-game or via forum PM, just make it RP!). Be sure that you have read and understood everything above before agreeing to join. We are currently accepting any race other than orcs. (sorry! :P)

*sets down the paper with a smile*

"It's about time this infernal weakness will be stomped out of malinor" he thinks to himself

*he then lets go of the paper, letting it float off in the wind*

*On Darion's ventures he comes across a crisp paper labeled 'The Malinor Sentinels', he quickly snatches the paper and pockets it. As Darion approaches his abode a basic campfire crackles as it grows dim. Darion removes the paper from his pocket his eyes run across the paper the darkness rendering his vision though the dim light emanating from the fire is enough for Darion to see the written words on the document. A frown forces itself upon Darion's face as he finishes reading the document, a soft chuckle echoes in the surrounding darkness as he rejoices. He crumbles the paper in his hand as he muses, his mind indulging in reminisce. He shakes his head slightly and tosses the paper into the fire, stares coldly at the paper and mutters, "Only if..."*

Glylith randomly looks at one of these papers then walked away without interest for an emptiness filled his heart.

*Yoku, taking a stroll around the Cloud Temple, notices the paper hanging on a wall. He walks up to it, rips it off the wall and reads it. He sighs and mumbles "Mutiny." as he comes across the word. A small tear falls from Yoku's face, and in a second his expression changes from sadness to anger. He rips up the paper and throws the shreds off the temple into the water below. He runs off towards the docks and disappears over the hill*

*glances at the page as he shuffles through the temple, reading a few words of it before continuing on his walk*

As Dynasty walks by in Normandor, his attention is grabbed by the paper. Stopping to read over it, he lets out a sigh. "So many commanders seem to have gone by during my years here in Malinor... Yet none of them seem to stay. Though hopefully the new recruits will be able to actually enforce the law like when that old commander was around." He says before pondering for a moment. "Hopefully they'll also know to stay out of my way" he mutters, walking off.

*Alasdil finds a leaflet lying on the ground and reads: "Join the Malinor Sentinels, you will protect Malinor and it's people, join today!" He puts this in his pocket and starts to walk towards Normandor to join this group, and hopefully gain a new home.*

*a letter is sent to the leaders of the Sentinels detailing this: "I am sorry to say, but I am leaving for my home, my father is sick, and dying. They wish of me to come, and say goodbye. I will be back in a elven year or so. -Alasdil.* (Please remove me from the guild for now.)

*a small note is pinned under most of the posters*

"You may also contact me to be recruited into the Sentinels

~Sentinel Orym"

*A note written next to Aiden's*

One may also contact me, Sentinel Khel'Uvul, if you seek to enlist in the grand Sentinels of Malinor.The Defenders of the mali and the freedom malinor stands for.

I can be found in the barracks at normandor.

-Sentinel Khel'Uvul

Delphine moves her feets on the spot, reading the little notice on the message board of Armaluna. She tilts her head, a questioning look on her face. She frowns slightly, "I.. wonder what Arn would think of this.. he is still the leader of the Armaluna sentinels.." she mumbels to herself. "Perhaps I should send Malinor a letter.. well, not today.. I got more important things to do.." she continues on, heading off to what seems to be the collage.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.