The Dark Moon

firespirit44

Event Planners, MC Names: firespirit44

Event Type: Continuous, with a climax on the Eve of Halloween, the 30th of October.

Event Date: Starting from...20-30th.

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Everyone in Asulon

Event Location: All over Asulon

Summary: If you would so kindly read a short little story below, the summary is after the story.

Concept Images/Screenshots: Its a bit difficult to explain. More info below.

Other Information: -

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Builders not really needed, but it may change. As many actors as I can find for this event.

Night falls. Running through the woods, praying you dont meet a zomvie or a skeleton hiding behind a pillar.

Light, flickering before you in the North. You hurry there in haste, to be greeted by a warm campfire and a fat fellow, playing his guitar, with his back against a quaint little caravan.

The steeds seems to be missing, but you do not care about that now. A brief exchange later, the man joyously ushers you to the campfire, as he sings you the song of his people.

Odd music, high pitched and shrill. High enough to make your hairs stand on the end, and yet hauntingly beautiful.

The song dies and he stops, all is quiet as the leaves rustles and the fire crackles. He looks at you with his bright green eyes, asking if you would like to listen to a story.

Secretly yearning for another song, and deciding it would be rude to reject the man who gave you shelter, you acquiesced.

"

In the dark of the night, all is quiet in the Darkmyst Cemetry

It has been many years since the Dead have been laid to rest, and who says they are at peace?

Ambitions, Love, Regret, Hate. One does not leave the earthly planes without fulfilling their deepest desire.

Caged in the earth, their spirits forced to sleep and be silent.

And yet, there comes a day. When the moon shines so bright, and the hour strikes past midnight

The caged are freed, the Aenguls and Daemons lulled to sleep.

And on that day, the spirits roam free.

"

A slight shiver is sent down you spine. Zombies and Skeletons are certainly real, reanimated corpses of once living things. But a entity that only has 1 goal, and will not be laid to rest by a blade or arrow? The thought it unnerving.

The Fat man glances at you from the corner of his eyes, and laughs rambunctiously, slapping his thighs like your face was the funniest thing he ever saw. He grins broadly, and sets his guitar to one side.

"Careful lad/lass, there too exists those who have not been laid to rest. Their bodies defiled by worms, and never given the proper burial. And in these acursed woods, a shortage of unnamed corpses are a plenty."

[so thats the end of my short little story. So here's the gist of the event.

For a week, including Halloween the event team shall roam around the lands, having the ability to fly and be invisible. They will choose to haunt certain areas, and each event team person will have their own 'desire', that players need to put them to rest. Failure to do so will result in haunting the person, or just causing them a nuisance in general.

For example there could be this 7 year old kid ghost, that has been killed by a wolf when she picked flowers by the stream. All she ever wanted was a nice bouquet of flowers on her grave.

This simple sentence already provides so much potential rp. Depending on the 'ghost', the players MIGHT have to find

1) Where is the body? You have to lay the body to rest.

2) What does she truly want? She might whisper hatred of wolves and recall her anguish of never getting flowers, but which does she want more? A body of a dead wolf or just a simple bouquet of flowers?

3) And what happens if you try running away from her? Will she continue to haunt you or return to her usual spot of haunting, which is near the stream?

Basically this event, is calling the event team to assemble a ton of mini quests by the actors all over Asulon on their whim. Each ghost has a different story, therefore the way to treat them is differently as well. You might not even want to try and help the ghost, but kill it instead with holy magic. But who knows what might happen if you dispel a vengeful ghost?

Depending on how the general public preceive these ghosts, further rp will accumulate unto the day of Halloween, where the choices made by the players will affect what happens on Halloween itself.

FOr example, if tons of players choose to 'kill/dispel' said ghosts, the ghosts might band together into one giant being known as the Nightmare, and in all its hate and terror it might sweep its vengance across the mortal beings. Aka boss fight route.

But if enough players accept and complete said mini quests, these ghosts might get together and leave for 'Heaven' on the same day, forming a spectacular light show, and gifting all those who helped them a small present, knowing their spirits can finally leave this plane of existance for the next.]

So...what do you think?

The idea is promising, but you need to follow the format for event proposals. The format is pinned in this subforum.

I thought this would be great, a server wide event that lasts many days, and all that rp isn't wasted by finally accumulating into a decision that could affect Asulon.

I want the rp from Halloween to leak into November, and December, and the next year. And people will look back on Halloween and say

"Dont mess with ghosts pls."

Heartily agree with this. It's similar to the 'Micro-Event' idea I put on my event team app, but this sounds so much better, especially with the branching RP possibilities like the 'Nightmare'.

Sounds like good fun for players and actors alike. Please make this a reality!

This is a great idea, and I especially like how it's drawn out over more than just one night. Though, I know a lot of people liked the idea of playing as their dead character. Do you think these two events could be combined?

Either way, I hope this gets accepted!

I'm sure the actors will be able to play their dead chars, i'm not too sure about giving regular players the ability to play ghosts, since the possibilities of powergaming is high.

Ghosts have the ability to become invisible, have the ability to talk in someone's mind. It might be mindless rabble, or it could be trying to impose their will on mortal beings. Aka rping through the /tell system.

It might be subtle at first, but then it could turn out to be a fully fledge war inside someone's mind. Here's a neat little example.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/44781-having-some-fun/page__p__324417__fromsearch__1#entry324417

It started with subtle changes, suggestive at first. By setting my name to 'You', I emoted *notice out of the corner of your eye, a ghostly apparition stands in the middle of the Tavern. The emotes may or may not be public. If you wish to target a specific person, you should try using /tells. As funny as it is sometimes to see people confused in ooc, its probably not a good idea to disrupt everyone if you plan on getting just one person involved.

And ghosts can be not just one, but an entire group as well. They can be from all races. Perhaps a squad of orcs that died fighting in the Alras-Dwarf battle, and their lament is that they just wanted to bring honour to their clan?

A dwarf that died when the mines collapsed, and all he wanted was just a diamond for his gravestone?

A group of soldiers that were massacred by zombies, and they wont rest til you bring them the flesh of at least 20?

A mage that had his life drained by a lich, and now seeks your help to kill it so it may rest?

The possibilities are endless, since these are a cumulation of mini events each decided by the Actors, which I am sure are pretty capable of thinking something fun for themselves.

Yes, I would very much like to see this as sort of a halloween event. Nothing like a good old spooky RP encounter to get the halloween mojo flowing, am I right? ;P

Just awaiting confirmation from a Event Team Leader, I have no idea which GM heads it atm.

That would be Viper3x, I'll make sure to bring this up.

This seems great! I would love this and hope I could participate. Maybe some events could also include building monuments that a ghost never finished?

Well the idea is that any event team member can create their own story line, but it must meet the requirements of

1) It has to be doable oocly. Its impossible to ask a anyone to recreate Karik because of a dwarven ghost builder

2) It must have a time limit. And a punishment upon failure of completion. Rewards are up to the ghost, vengeful ones rarely give 'good' rewards.

3) The result must be reported, so there may be a cumulation of things on the 31st of October.

I Lurv It!!!!!!! I almost wish I'd perma killed my char at the opportunities I had, she'd make an epic ghost. I really like this idea, hope it get's accepted it's just plain EPIC!!!