[Completed, Reposted] Laenry's Burning Powder

*as you flip through the pages of Laenry's journal, you come across a page about Burning Powder*
25fd48a5-cb34-4baf-90ad-74a73ede6554_zps

*another piece of paper is attached and folded at the bottom of the page*

7e8302bf-6aae-460f-95a8-ed746e527aa1_zps

((This thread was created to make Laenry’s powder
more realistic and believable to those it is used on, and by. The information
on making Laenry’s powder is not available to the public eye, and one may only
learn of the recipe if they read his journal (which the information is
contained in), or if Laenry tells them the information in roleplay.
This thread has been reposted due to inacticity on the old thread. Any questions and problems with this lore can be posted as a reply, and will be answered to the best of my ability.

I request now that my lore be reviewed and a decision made by the staff of the server. I believe all issues involving Laenry's Burning Powder has been overcome, and it a safe lore that will only add additional roleplay to the server.

Link the original post

:jackiechan:

Nu, I mean link it in the OP

Also, be patient.  There is a lot of lore.  This seems interesting, I personally would lessen the effects and make it more of an irritant than anything-although I'd make it give permanent blindness if enough got into someone's eyes.  Chemicals don't do "temporary damage" to eyes,  they do pretty permanent damage.  And I believe this is something of a dry chemical.

I'd put this in a lot of people's hats and shoes!  If it were a bit less severe.  I could see it being used for some pretty neat distractions.

Afterthought:

I really do think you should lessen the effects, it seems unrealistic to carry this around as a "last resort" - wouldn't you burn your skin on it if you had to pull it out and throw it at the last second?  If it's a last resort would you have time to don gloves for such a task?  Sometimes the smaller, simpler things are even better.  ;)

Also, be patient.  There is a lot of lore.  This seems interesting, I personally would lessen the effects and make it more of an irritant than anything-although I'd make it give permanent blindness if enough got into someone's eyes.  Chemicals don't do "temporary damage" to eyes,  they do pretty permanent damage.  And I believe this is something of a dry chemical.

I'd put this in a lot of people's hats and shoes!  If it were a bit less severe.  I could see it being used for some pretty neat distractions.

Afterthought:

I really do think you should lessen the effects, it seems unrealistic to carry this around as a "last resort" - wouldn't you burn your skin on it if you had to pull it out and throw it at the last second?  If it's a last resort would you have time to don gloves for such a task?  Sometimes the smaller, simpler things are even better.  ;)

Thank you so much for your input! I created this lore quite a while ago, and it do downright frustrating seeing the previous thread put in the 'dead and denied' section due to lack of questions from the community.

I may just do as you said, and greatly lessen the effects of Laenry's burning powder.

However... It would be quite a useless invention by Laenry if it couldn't be used in such situations. Its components are rare, and frankly a pain to collect, not to mention the pain staking effort required to make it. It is made up of several processed materials, two of which have minor irritating properties, such as you would want from this lore, and the other is the Elrow berry, which acts much like a chilli, creating a burning sensation when ingested or in strong concentrations, on contact with the skin. That being said, one might as well use the basic component's individually to get the effect of slight irritation instead of taking hours to prepare such a useless pouch.

As for its practicality, it is not perfect, and I may change that.

Perhaps a slip knot on a thicker pouch, so only on impact can it explode.

The warnings on the lore were written by Laenry due to his opinions. By someone with malicious intent, this pouch can be used commonly and effectivly, but to a normal person with morals such as Laenry, the effects are quite unpleasant.

As for the permanent effects, I had some complaints earlier to reduce the severity of blinding in game. I reduced it to five-ten minutes, and made the effects of itching twenty-thirty minutes instead of one-two hours. I'll begin writing up changes to the lore, and hope that more helpful criticisms like yours come along to help me improve this lore more than I could have myself.

i wouldn't lessen the length of blindness for anyone-if you get a corrosive substance in your eyes you will go blind.  What would be better to do would be to OOCly inquire before doing so (this is always a reat way to RP conflict without having OOC conflict as well!)

There are many things in our world today that are very difficult to create with little payout.  Alternatively you can change the recipe as well, but I think it would be just fine for this as the effects would still be quite useful.