The Master Thieves Guild (Revised 3.0)

Achilles

-=- Master Thieves Guild -=-

MqSxZ2j.png?1

Written by Raptor

The Master Thieves guild was one of the first and oldest organisations of criminals, brigands and thieves, banding together with one common goal; to become wealthier. Members of the guild use each other’s talents to help each other out to steal all they can steal, pooling their wide range of skills and talents to accomplish even the most impossible tasks.

The guild is the very embodiment of “Honour amongst Thieves”, backing each other up and bringing their resources, skills and wealth together to strive to greaten the guild’s wealth, power and infamy. Every member is expected to have the other’s back and every member is expected to treat their partners in crime as brothers. The guild is not an army, but an independant family and brotherhood of thieves, all working towards the same thing.

Disclaimer: All the information on this post is entirely secret. This is not open or public knowledge. It is known to the guild members and the guild members only (with some exceptions).

Guild Ranks

Guildmaster

The elected leader of the Master Thieves Guild. Technically, the Guildmaster is still a Master Thief and not above them in rank, however he is the chosen head to make the final call and final decisions e.g. Master Thief promotions, benefactors, large heists and alliances. He is the Master of the guild and head of our band of thieves.

Master Thief

Master Thief is the highest rank in the guild. The Master Thieves must be knowledgeable in all the arts of thievery, stealth and deception. Their job is to teach the lower ranks the necessary skills needed to become a Master Thief themselves. They are in charge of organising jobs, heists, collecting and setting up dead drops, making contact with new recruits, making contact with benefactors and contacts.

All other ranks answer to the Master Thieves.

Shadow

The elite of the guild. The best of the best. The most skilled and stealthiest thieves amongst the ranks. The Shadow is the role model for Brigands and Thieves, being the prime example of how they should act. They are unseen, they are swift and they never miss their mark. The Shadows are to assist the Master Thieves in the training and supervision of the Brigands and are also able to orchestrate jobs and heists.

Thief

You now have free reign over the jobs you pull. You are now permitted to do jobs for the guild stated on the job board, suggest and take part in heists, inform the guild of targets and perform your own jobs without supervision. The Thieves represent the guild now and will act accordingly.

Brigand

The Brigands are now allowed to start going on certain jobs. Brigands will be under the guidance of a qualified thief who will teach them how to use the skills they studied in practical use. Brigands must follow the directions of their superior, while working on their skills to be promoted.

To rank up to Thief, one will be tested by pulling a job where they will take the lead. If they succeed, they will be promoted. If not, then they must do another term (length decided by their superior) of study until they will be tested again.

Unbranded

The fresh meat, the greens, the new bloods. The brand new recruits, fresh off the streets and ready to be turned into professional thieves. The guild has expressed interest in your talents and has decided to induct you into it. You are not permitted to do anything, nor take part in any jobs. At this point, you are not considered part of the guild, nor privy to any information at all.

Once we have expressed interest, you will be taken by a Shadow or a Master Thief on a minor job to prove your worth and skill. Should you succeed, you will be branded with the guild mark upon your forearm and made to take the Oath. After this, you will have officially become part of the guild.

Lore

The guild lore and story is still currently being written up. The story will be occasionally updated with any important events to do with the guild and it's members.

- Be Mugged stories and histories of the 'Old' Times.

A Red Raven, Upright Individual and the Heist of their lifetime. (Story held deeply within the Guild's heart.)

Part 1-4 Written by Haldon and Cataris

1. The Beginning

There were once seven thieves walking the lands together. They were brothers, sisters and children of chaos. Untouchable by the law, and only caring for the riches and pleasures in life.

They travelled for years and years all across the lands, plundering and taking everything they could carry, sometimes leaving nothing behind.

Their riches were great and many, and soon they found themselves in need of a place to rest and stow away their treasures. The eldest of the seven suggested they head back for their own home scattered across the lands, but the youngest then declared that they would be recognized at once and sent straight to the gallows. The group began to bicker and argue, yelling so loud as to alert a nearby group of travelling guards.

The men sprang from the darkness, taking the seven by surprise, and soon they were bound and gagged, watching the guardsmen laugh merrily and congratulate each other for the victory. All hope for them seemed to be lost…. Or so they thought. Out of the blue, the guards dropped dead, arrows embedded in each of their backs. The seven looked around frantically to see a smaller group of men and women, all dressed as they themselves were. Soon their bonds were cut and thanked the other group copiously. Once they were free the eldest asked why they chose to help them. The other group smiled back, and one of them walked forward and put a hand on the eldest’s shoulder. “We are family” He said. “And family take care of each other.”

After this event took place, the seven finally went their separate ways, but not before it was decided that they would leave their mark on the world in the form of a guild, where anyone could join the family.

Most of the seven had blood relatives and friends to return to, but not the youngest. This was the only family that Lily Aldadiir knew, so she elected herself to set it up and spread the word. And so the seven went their separate ways, and now Lily finds herself alone for the first in a long time. With no one to turn to, she sets out on her own.

2. An Unlikely Encounter

With the undead threat reaching a critical state and the recent overtaking of Al’Khazar, Lily found herself on the same path of all the others with no place to go, to the city of Alras, which to her great pleasure seemed to be bursting with merchants and wealthy folk who would be more than ripe for the picking. After some careful consideration, she decided to settle there for a while, as this town would be the perfect location for a con she had been working on. And with that thought, she begins to plan out her trickery.

After a week of further planning, Lily walked through the city gates once more, confident that this job would bring in a lot of Minas to go toward the creation of the guild.

She walked to the docks then eyed the crowd and smiled as she spied a fair few potential targets. She then strolled confidently up to the first.

For the next few days she pulled many people into her scam. Today was the last day she would be out here however, and then tomorrow she planned to pack up and leave.

Once again she eyed the crowd, her glance skimming across the faces, and finally stopping to stay on one.

Lily squinted at the man. He was athletically built and wearing well-tailored clothing that counted him as a potential target, but the thing that really caught her eye was his mask.

He was speaking with a young child, who looked as if he was lost. After a while, when the two had parted ways, Lily followed him, and decided to confront him when he stopped at an expensive jewel store. A man who could afford those would certainly be an acceptable target. Lily strode over to the man who looked at her quizzically before asking, “May I help you?”

“No,” Lily replied brightly, “But I think I may be able to help you.”

“How so?” he asked amused.

“I have a keen eye, and you look like a man who is out looking for expensive items at a more reasonable price then what you’ll find here,” She gestured toward the sparkling jewels, “which is something I happen to be doing.”

The man looked as if he was losing interest so she continued on quickly.

“I am a merchant who is selling some very rare alchemy ingredients. First rate stuff too. And for just a small amount of what it would normally cost, I will give you a selection of everything. You can pay me in advance and I will use those Mina to ensure that the cargo is delivered safely. You see it is still currently on its way here by ship.”

Thankfully he seemed to regain interest at this.

“How much would this cost?”

“Only 350 Minas.”

The man thought deeply for a moment then said, “Alright, I will buy some from you.”

“Fantastic! We shall meet here again in a weeks time, for that’s when it should arrive, and I will give you your items.”

He handed over the money then they both went their separate ways for now.

A week later Lysle Rigger arrived at the same place where he was supposed to meet the woman. She had been selling the ingredients at a very cheap price for what they were really worth, and so buying them from her would almost be theft in it’s own way. He frowned, disappointed that taking them from her wasn’t more of a challenge, but no matter, she hadn’t given any information away regarding the whereabouts of the items to be delivered, so he would just have to pay for them.

Lysle patiently waited for her to return, but when she did not, he began to grow suspicious. He returned there for the next few days, in case she was help up in her journey, but still she did not show. On the fifth day, he realized what had happened, and cursed the deceptive woman. Lysle then left Alras angrily, not returning for another month, but when he did return, he saw a familiar face in the crowd.

Lily walked through the streets of Alras quickly, searching for her prize all the while unaware of her follower. She sighed relieved when she saw what she was looking for, and picked up a small necklace off the ground. “There you are..” she said quietly, then once again walked away. Lysle followed her to a small park, where she stopped and examined the trinket. Lysle unsheathed his dagger, then walked up behind her, effectively cornering her in.

“Hello again Ma’am”

At the sound of his voice Lily spun around sharply, then backed up at the sight of his blade.

“It’s been well over a week now.”

Lily remained silent trying to think up an excuse, but he had caught her off-guard, and so all she was able to do was stare at him in silence, carefully watching his movements. He was holding the blade threateningly but lazily toward her, and with his other hand he was flipping a coin, over and over in his palm.

“I think I smell a Con-Artist. Why so quiet? Suddenly you lose your tongue when you need it the most?”

Lily finally found her voice, “Well pull a blade on me and you won't find me so co-operative”

“Maybe so, but I find fear is a an effective weapon. I never intended to harm you.”

Lily glanced down at the dagger and then back up at him again, raising a speculative eyebrow. “Your blade says otherwise”

Lysle then sheathed his dagger.

“Thank you”

Lily leaned up against the tree next to her, and began to fiddle with the charm in her hand. “You may be right in your assumption about me, but I also can see that you yourself are not the most noble citizen. So, how about we make a deal? I give you your money back, as well as half of the profits I made from this scam, and you let me walk away from here.”

He considered it for a moment before saying “Deal.”

Lily then unstrapped a coin pouch from her belt and threw it at him lazily. He caught it and tucked it away. “That should cover it.”

“Good, now perhaps we should go our separate ways before a guard shows up.”

Lily stood upright once more “Agreed.”

“Well then, farewell….” He trailed off and looked at her as prompting for a response.

“Lily. And yours?”

“You may call me The Upright Man. Perhaps one day I will explain, but for now, goodbye Lily.”

And with that he turned on his heel and strode away. Lily watched him leave, amused, then she as well disappeared into the night.

3. Partners in Crime

For the next month, the two did not meet again. Lily spent those days making plans for the guild, however the thrill of the job was calling to her once more. Tired of doing nothing but planning, Lily set out for some more practical work.

It was just turning to dusk in Whispering Isles, as Lysle returned to The Hollow Peach Inn, plotting where was to be his target for tonight. The people around here are well off, and very naive.

As he opened the door to the inn, he was a little surprised to see Lily sitting at a table on the balcony. She had her back to him, and not wanting to be seen here, Lysle turned quietly and walked back out the door. However he was not so lucky.

Almost a week later, a pigeon arrived at the Hollow peach inn. It sat on the gate at the entrance, quietly cooing as Lysle stopped in front of it.

Out of curiosity, he untied the note around its leg and was surprised to see the letter was addressed to The Upright Man. Now frowning, he unrolled the paper to read the message.

“Hello again. If you are interested, meet me at the Laurelin gate today. I would like to discuss a business opportunity with you.

~ Lily”

Lysle folded the note and put it in his pocket. This should be interesting.

Lily sat at the Laurelin gate, high up on an old tree root, humming quietly to herself. When she sent the letter, she wasn’t sure that he would show up, or even if the bird found him. She was sure that it was him she saw in Whispering Isles that day.

A short while later, she heard someone approaching and looked over to see The Upright Man walking casually toward her. “Hello, how are you today?”

Lily smiled and jumped down from the root and replied, “I am well. What about yourself?”

“Well, thank you”

Lily chuckled at the exchange of pleasantries and then beckoned to him to follow her away from the road, and to a more private, and enclosed garden nearby. There, in the most secluded part of the garden, Lily turned to face him. “Here should do”

“Now, what’s this… business opportunity you spoke of?

“Well, judging from our last meeting we can both safely say that neither of us are what you would call model citizens. You must have a good eye if you can catch me in the act, so I propose a partnership of sorts. I’m sure I could use your talents, and I could definitely help you in your line of work, which I’m sure isn’t even remotely honest…”

Lysle pondered this for a moment. Perhaps a good partnership could become of this meeting.

“What do you say? You scratch my back and I scratch yours?” Lily extended her hand toward him and Lysle grasped and shook it. “Deal. Though I must make it clear that this is a strictly professional relationship, and do not expect for me to give you any information about myself. This is all just a game to me.”

At this Lily laughed, “That’s alright by me, whatever helps to keep you sane. So if I need to contact you, shall I just send you a bird at The Hollow Peach?”

“Aye, I frequent that area”

“Alright then, I shall contact you. I dare say that I might be harder to find.”

Lysle turned and began to walk away “We’ll see about that. Farewell.”

And with that, the two parted ways once more.

4. A Precious Painting

It was almost a year after Lily and Lysle met near Laurelin, before the two made contact again.

A courier approached Lily on The Kings Road one day, and he handed her a letter before rushing off again. Curious, Lily opened the letter and read:

‘I have a proposal to make, come to Whispering Isles, I’ll meet you there.’

She frowned as she folded the note and tucked it away, and then set out in the direction of Whispering Isles.

It did not take long to get there, and once she did, she noticed Lysle, who was standing to the side of the path.

Lysle dragged his thoughts away from his plans when he saw a masked woman approach him casually. “Hello again” she drawled lazily. Lysle looked her up and down. It was a while since they had spoken, and her mask made it difficult to tell, but he was sure this was Lily. “Alright, follow me.” He motioned for her to follow and then after a short walk, lead her over to an old house. He walked around the back to a large window, which he then broke with his elbow, and climbed inside.

Lily climbed in after him, and was surprised to see two others in there already. Both were cloaked and masked, and they seemed to be waiting for The Upright Man’s return.

“Right, we’re all here now. And what will I be calling you two?” He gestured toward the two men.

“I’m Silex for the mission”

“Dunes Walker. Just call me Dune when things heat up though”

Silex looked over at Lily, “And this is?”

The Upright Man glanced over as well “A friend”

Lily looked from Dune to Silex and back again, “I was going to ask you both the same question”

“They’re colleagues, just as we are.” Lysle looked around the room at them, the continued on confidently, “Now that’s enough chit chat, I have an important matter to discuss. I have a scheme I have been working on for quite a while. I plan to break into the King’s vault, and take the only portrait of The Wandering Wizard with me when I go. It should be quite a challenge and why not try the fun?”

Lily looked at him in surprise, but he continued on. “I was hoping we could all work together on this, I already know my way in. Though I need distractions and such.”

There was a moment of silence, then Silex spoke first, “Sounds interesting. I’m in, no second thoughts.”

“Ahh good.” Lysle looked over at Dune who said “I’ve got your back.”

Lysle nodded at him, “But know this, I’m not in it for the Mina, only for the challenge.”

Lily remained silent, and bit down on her bottom lip. He hasn’t revealed any type of plan, and she feared that improvisation might indeed be it. She looked up at Lysle, “Are you sure that you know what you’re doing? That your plan will succeed?”

“Oh there always will be the possibility of defeat, but it’s worth it. ‘Tis all good sport. Now come, I’ll take you to the meeting place of which we will all meet before the heist”

The group followed The Upright Man from the house, and along the Kings Road.

They stopped to the east of Alras near a large tree farm, and Upright turned to face them. “We’ll meet up here, and whatever you think will help us, bring it.”

“Alright. Travel light I assume?” Silex asked

“Aye.”

Lily nods, “Alright.”

“We shall meet here in a day and a half.” Lysle then bowed and pulled a stone from his pocket, turning it in his palm. Now the game begins.

The dwarves attack on Alras seemed to come at the perfect time for the group. In the confusion during the aftermath of the battle, Lysle, Dune and Lily were able to access the keep with the only hindrance being a locked door.

“Damnit.” Lysle exclaimed as the lock-pick broke in two. He pulled out another and tried again, leaving Lily a few moments with her thoughts.

Silex had not shown up at the designated meeting spot on time, so they had gone on without him. And she had introduced herself to Dune, under the Alias of The Red Raven.

Lily looked over as she heard the lock click.

“Here we are.” Upright muttered, “Alright follow me this way.”

They crept through the Keep, with eyes wide open, searching for any signs of trouble. Staircase after staircase they climbed up, until they reached a large crescent-shaped hallway.

“Let’s split up here, look around for any possible entrances.”

Not too long after they had split, Lily heard The Upright Man call out softy “Over here, I think I’ve found it.”

He lead both her and Dune up a flight of stairs and into a large, circular, tower room, and in the middle, was a wooden plaque. Upright walked over to it then touched it. He immediately disappeared. Dune went next, then Lily. As soon as she touched it, it transported her down, into a very grand room, filled with chests that were piled up right to the ceiling. She had to steady herself before falling into a dark pit that lay just before her feet. She stood next to another plaque in the center of a narrow cross, which acted as bridging across the pit

“Hm? What was that?”

Lily jumped at the voice, for it belonged to neither Upright nor Dune. She scurried along the narrow bridge the plaque sat upon, and quickly ducked behind a chest. In the distance she could see a guard walking cautiously along one of the bridges. She looked around her and saw Dune crouching behind a stack of chests, and Upright, who was over the other side of the room, hurrying to find some cover.

The guard walked across the pit and disappeared into the sea of boxes and chests. She and Dune then both hurried away looking for some better cover. Lily then heard the lid of a chest slam shut, and peeked up over a nearby crate only to see the guard looking straight in her direction, she immediately ducked back down again, but it was too late. He strode over, and Lily got ready to make a break for it. A few quiet moments passed, and her ears strained for the sound of his footsteps...

There! He was coming around to the left. Lily quickly moved right, but the damage had been done.

“Aha!” He exclaimed when he saw her dash around. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Dune move and quickly grabbed him from behind. The guard struggled for a moment before yelling “Thieves! There are thieving scum in the vault!” He then broke free and turned to face Dune. “Help! Down in the Vault!”

A few moments later and King Syrio of Alras appeared yelling out to his guards. “Shoot them! Don’t let them escape!”

“Run! Get out of here!” Upright yelled across the room as he made a dash for the plaque, with a covered painting under his arm.

In the confusion, Dune and Lily both made a mad dash toward it and could not be more relieved when they grabbed it, and were swiftly transported back to the tower room.

All three ran to the door and sprinted down the stairs. Upright quickly handed them both an enderpearl before throwing one himself, out a window and across onto a different section of the keeps roof. He was instantly transported across then yelled out, “Throw it!”

They both hurled the pearls across the gap and in a blink of an eye were both transported across.

In less of a hurry now, they made their way down from the roof and into the corridor below.

The Upright Man peered out a nearby window and spotted the bridge that connected the Keep to Alras. “Alright, we go down this way.” And he climbed out the window onto the small ledge outside. Lily hesitated but followed out the window next to it, and Dune climbed onto the same one as Upright. Lily braced herself against the wall, as the ledges were slippery with ice. Upright clutched the painting tightly, took a deep breath and stepped back as far as he could go. Upright moved forward quickly, but just as he was about to jump his feet lost their grip and he slipped on the ice. Dune lunged forward as Upright flew over the edge and grabbed his feet, but in the process, he managed to slip over as well. This left Lily, who hurled herself after Dune, grabbing his leg with one hand, and wrapping the other arm around the window frame, bracing herself from falling.

They were all silent for a moment, but soon Upright began to laugh. “Red, do you think you could swing us forward?”

Lily blinked in astonishment. “What? Why?”

“I could reach the bridge, all I need is some forward momentum. If you try to swing us both, and Dune, if you throw me at the same time I could reach that bridge.”

Dune nodded “Alright, I don’t see any other choice.”

He was right. She would not be able to pull them up by herself. And if he reached if safely, he could help both of them across. “Fine. Ready?”

He nodded and she cried out as she tried her hardest to swing them backwards, then forwards, back again and then forward for a final swing. Dune then swung Upright as hard as he could, then letting go and sending him flying onto the bridge.

He got up quickly “Alright, same thing again Red, this time Dune try to grab my hands, and I’ll pull you across.”

Once more, Lily swung him as hard as she could a few times before letting go. Upright reached out quickly and grabbed Dune’s arms, pulling him to safety.

Lily sighed with relief once they were both on their feet, and then shook her head at them. “I’m not going to try that jump, I will look for another way down. You both get out of here quick before you are caught.”

Upright nodded, “Alright. I shall expect to see you again soon, do not disappoint me.” And with that they both ran away hurriedly. Lily climbed in from the window and set out searching for an unguarded exit.

After not too long, she was able to slip away unnoticed, and made her escape from the city. As she ran, she began to laugh. It was too long since she had been that thrilled on a job. Perhaps something more could come of this partnership, and maybe he would appreciate the proposition she was now going to make.

Guild Rules

1. Do not betray the Thieves Guild.

2. If you are caught, do not reveal that you are a part of the Thieves Guild.

3. Do not act above your rank i.e. a Brigand may not orchestrate heists and jobs and a Thief may not command a Shadow or a Master Thief.

4. Do not act against the guild and it’s members. This includes theft, acts of violence and insubordination.

5. Keep business with the Thieves Guild and your personal life separate. This includes involving other guilds you may be be a part of, in jobs and heists for the Thieves Guild.

6. Secrets are secrets for a reason, take them with you to your grave.

Guild Expected Standards

1. Thieves are expected to show a certain amount of finesse when performing a job. Killing is restricted unless absolutely 100% necessary and is frowned upon even then.

2. Thieves are expected to leave their guild coin behind as a “calling card”. The guild’s reach has no limits and people must be reminded of this.

3. Should a Thief receive a tip on a property, or fail to retrieve all the possible trinkets, they are expected to leave a tip on the guild board and/or the drop box. Marking the house with the guild symbol is also acceptable.

4. Thieves are expected not to act against allies and/or contacts of the guild without express permission from a Master Thief.

OOC SECTION

OOC DISCLAIMER/RULES

You may not join the guild without an accepted Villain Application for the appropriate evils. Some exceptions may be made for those that join us RPly in an attempt to learn the appropriate skills.

Understand that you may be ejected from the guild at any time for whatever reason, be it rule breaking (IC or OOC) or we feel you are no longer suitable for the guild, etc. Once ejected from the guild, you may return only if the Master Thieves deem it fit that you should return.

Should you choose to leave the guild of your own accord, the guild will grant you free pardons to roam the world without the guild by your side, provided you keep to your oath of secrecy. Should you break this oath whilst not being a part of the guild, you will be treated the same way as if you were ejected from the guild.

Understand that if you are forcefully removed from the guild for a serious offense (deemed by us), you will be hunted down RPly until the ends of the earth. If you are caught, understand that you may be tortured, beaten and/or permanently killed (or have your memory wiped with a golden apple if you are an elf).

DO NOT APPLY FOR THE MASTER THIEVES GUILD IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

APPLICATION AND THREAD RULES

The Guild has become tougher to apply for, with us trying to keep our numbers lower and filling the Guild with quality players and not quantity. With our new outlook on the guild, we have a nice new thread and we would like to keep it nice and clean. With that, here are some simple rules you need to keep in mind when posting on here.

1. Do not post your application more than once. We will review it when we get round to it.

2. When posting your application, you must first post a small RP post (a paragraph or two will be enough) of a theft, be it burglary or banditry, that you have actually performed, putting screenshots as well in a spoiler beneath the RP.

3. Post your entire application in a spoiler beneath the RP and screenshots. This is so that our post is not cluttered with applications.

4. Posting useless OOC questions such as “((are you accepting apps yet))” will be immediately removed. If you wish to ask a question, send a PM or at least make a nice RP post so as to not clutter our thread.

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in your post being removed (if you do not fix it upon request) and a possible instant denial from the guild.

APPLICATION

The application is not the only form of joining the guild, however it is the most practical. It is for you to express your interest in joining and for us to determine whether or not we would take interest in your character. Sometimes members will be inducted purely based on RP experiences and will not be required to fill out the application.

OOC

MC Name:

Why do you want to join?:

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?:

Have you read and agreed to the OOC Disclaimers and warnings?:

Link to Villain Application:

Skype Name:

RP Info

RP Name:

Race:

Personality (A paragraph will suffice):

Aspirations and Motives for joining:

ORQ

This is the time for you to get creative. Write out a scenario of you performing some form of theft, any form at all and how you would attempt to RP it. Be creative and be fairly descriptive.

(( Please on a side note, refrain from posting unnecessary topics or OOC Banter within this thread.)) 

APPLICATION AND THREAD RULES

The Guild has become tougher to apply for, with us trying to keep our numbers lower and filling the Guild with quality players and not quantity. With our new outlook on the guild, we have a nice new thread and we would like to keep it nice and clean. With that, here are some simple rules you need to keep in mind when posting on here.

1. Do not post your application more than once. We will review it when we get round to it.

2. When posting your application, you must first post a small RP post (a paragraph or two will be enough) of a theft, be it burglary or banditry, that you have actually performed, putting screenshots as well in a spoiler beneath the RP.

3. Post your entire application in a spoiler beneath the RP and screenshots. This is so that our post is not cluttered with applications.

4. Posting useless OOC questions such as “((are you accepting apps yet))” will be immediately removed. If you wish to ask a question, send a PM or at least make a nice RP post so as to not clutter our thread.

((As a second reminder, all unreviewed applications on our old thread have now been wiped clean. If you still have interest in joining the Master Thieves Guild, you may fill out the new application and await reviewal.))

OOC

MC Name: GenocidalCarrot

Why do you want to join?: To provide fun RP, and to have some fun myself

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?: I will provide the community with a fresh RP chance, differing from the usual 6'4 dashing guards.

Have you read and agreed to the OOC Disclaimers and warnings?: Yes sir.

Link to Villain Application:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/91655-gregory-underhills-mini-va/

Skype Name: picasso.potato (just added you)

RP Info

RP Name: Gregory Underhill

Race: Halfling

Gregory is a very dark individual, very cautious towards individuals he does not know. However, if someone gets to know him enough they would find he is actually a very fun individual and his past has made him so cautious. However, his temper is known to fly and he retains the mistrust of other races he learnt from his peers. Gregory usually tries to avoid violence but if a job goes bad or he ends up cornered, he keeps a dagger hidden in his trousers, in a hidden scabbard.

Aspirations and Motives for joining: Gregory wants to join because he wants to expand his thieving skills from pickpocketing and wishes to learn from the best. He also has no place to go at night and believes being with other thieves may get him this.

ORQ

A rich looking noble is sat down on a bench in the Abresi slums, you can see a gold chain around his neck and his pockets look to be bulging.

Gregory notices the man and eyes the situation. The nearest guards were at the military docks just down the road, so he was not in much danger of being arrested if it went tail up. The halfling slowly approaches the noble and sits next to him on the bench, fiddling with his fingers.

“Eh, what do you want peasent?” The noble replied, eying Gregory up and down suspiscously. The halfling looked weak so he was no danger to him and the noble turned to face him, cautiously.

“Excuse me ser, but ‘ave ye ‘eard of the latest bench laws?” Gregory looked up at the noble, an adventurous glint in his eyes. “I’m makin’ a petition to outlaw it. The Emperor wants to take all benches away in Oren because he feels they offend him personally because of the shape, if ya get what I mean.”

The noble frowned and shook his head regally. “I’m afraid I’ve had no such news of a bench law, peasent. Why would he be offended by a simple wooden public seat?” He looked cautiously at Gregory.

“Well, look a’ the other side of the handrail your side of the bench and you will see, ser.” Gregory edged towards him slightly and pointed down to the other side of the bench. As the noble leant over, the young halfling took his chance and dipped into the nobles pocket, grabbing whatever he could which ended up being a small purse of minas. He quickly chucked it over his head into an alley and turned back.

“I did not see anything. Is this a practical joke, because if it is you need to stop this lark now.” the noble said, eying Gregory and unaware of the quick theft.

“It may be this side actually,” the young thief replied, pointing to the handrail his side of the bench. He quickly jumped up to allow the noble to slide across the bench, looking over the handrail once more. Quickly, with the look he’s done it before, Gregory quickly slipped the chain off the nobles wrist, turned and ran down into the alley and down into the sewers, picking up the bag whilst hearing the shouts behind him.

OOC

MC Name: MuckyD121

Why do you want to join?: I wish for some interesting thief role-play rather than my previous villian whom when I steal no-one is around and it was rather boring, I seem to like the idea of Skyrim like Thieves guild, which I very much enjoyed on Skyrim, so I wish t join this one ^^

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?:

I don't care if I win or not, I just want to provide good role-play. If I get caught I will role along with it and if I am executed or killed then fair duos. I will just wait a day before playing him again. I just want to provide you guys and others with great role-play.

Have you read and agreed to the OOC Disclaimers and warnings?: I have indeed.

Link to Villain Application: I am going to make one soon. Please give myself some time :D

Skype Name: Thaatkid_Ki

RP Info

RP Name: 

My name is Dismas, Dismas Harpenjar. ((I want to be known as the 'Firework Thief' not because of theft of fireworks, but fireworks would be my signature move of distraction. ))

Race:

I am a breed of Elf, though I am isolated and speak the common tongue. Rarely do I use Elven.

I am 221 years of age. Still rather young, and nimble. 

My name is Dismas, I was born and raised in a dim-lit cave, my father was not around only my mother. She was running away from reality, her life had brought her misery, and I had apparently wrecked her life. She would tell me that several times a day. My mother did not want me, and neither did my father, though my mother felt some remorse and kept me to harbor me into I was of age for her to just throw me out into the wilds. My mother was becoming sicker by the day once I had gotten into my teen years, she was planning to kick me out and for myself to start my own life at that point, though she could barely move, and I was the one now hunting for her. I am unsure as to why, She still hated me and told me frequently.  I was a useless hunter, that wasn't because I was not quiet and able.. It was because there was a fierce pack of wolves around, that would kill any animal in it's territory, we just happened to be in. We were lucky we survived the nights sometimes. So I had to rely on thievery, though it was for a reason at the time. One day I was caught by a rich noble man, I had broke into his mansion thinking no-one was in, as no torches were burning and the house was completely quiet. He had grabbed me by my arm, flung me down the stairs; then sat on me. His heavy weight pinned my down like I was paper to a paperweight. He was going to kill me, I was sure of it however instead he wanted me to do a little task.. Well a big task. See this 'noble' man was rich from his work. He wanted me do do more of 'his' work; in which he sent me into a square, and watched me; if he would see me run or doing anything suspicious that I was not allowed to be doing,he threatened to shout "Thief" and have me arrested. My job was to steal from a woman at the market, this one had a very expensive ring, one embedded with diamonds and many carrot-golds. She had always put it in her pocket whilst she worked so she would not loose it, if she lost it her husband would beat her and throw her on the streets. I felt bad but this was my task.. Do or die to be exact. As I was performing my act, I had first thrown a firework, into the middle of the square, all the guard's drew there attention to it, and it was just enough of a distance to keep the woman behind her stall. For the first time, I felt the thrill of the thief, that wonderful feeling of butterflies in my stomach, I felt amazing. I sneak up to the woman from behind and slipped my hand into her loose coat pockets, I swept the ring out from inside, and walked away like nothing had happened. I giant smile was drawn onto my face, I felt like I could take on the world. The noble man had been so pleased, he had payed me in large amounts of gold. He insisted to keep me working for him, and I agreed. This was my way of life, easy money; difficult tasks - Lots of fun!

Unfortunately the man died, a few years ago. I still can not find 'work' and preform little tasks for myself.

Aspirations and Motives for joining:

I just want to keep myself busy, and keep enjoying myself. I am a pretty lonely man, with little interests in many things.

A group of people just like me will actually be like family, and I will have people to perform with and talk to.

ORQ

"Finally, the time of the year when the travelers come out to play." Dismas says to himself silently. he rubs his hands together chuckling.

Further up the road you can hear the singing of the travelers as they whip their horses and guide their donkeys along the road.

The fat halfling fellow sits upon the large, red chair of the caravan; he shouts and raises the ropes, whipping them, the horses neigh  and begin to trot faster.

"Jolly good day for sales! We be rich when we are done! Just look at the gold we have stacked up in the caravan!"

The fat halfling male shouts out to his other fellow travelers. They continue to trot further down the road, Dismas awaits them in a nearby tree. 

Dismas looks at the firework in his hand, he smiles. Bringing the lit torch to the fuse of the firework, the crackling and fuzzing of the fireworks fuse can be heard and the halfling travelers look around in amazement, suddenly seeing a firework fly out infront of them, then sore up into the air. They clap their hands and cheer as the firework explodes in the sky, arrays of colours buzz around the blue, cloudless sky.

Though Dismas had already jumping onto the roof of the last caravan, the firework had made an excellent distraction. The loud thud of him leaping onto the roof was perfectly executed with the explosion of the firework. Dismas slowly lowers himself down onto the loose wooden plank, then slips through the red woolen curtains that prevent the public from looking into the Caravan.

Dismas lays his blue eyes upon the treasures inside, he creeps upon the large bag of gold, suddenly the caravan goes over some bumpy turfs the loose golds flying up into the air scattering all over the floor, clanging and rattling as they hit the wood and roll around, some fall onto the floor outside of the caravan, everyone stops moving.

"God-damn-nit, Jeffrey! Can you not drive a horse properly! We all went round the bumps perfectly, but you just have to go the extra mile!"

Dismas's ears perk up, a spot of panic drives him forward, he grabs the medium sized bag of gold, and leaps out through the curtains. The Halflings shout and roar, as they spot the figure leaping onto the road with a bag of their hard earned money.

They try to dismount their horses, donkeys and chairs quickly. Though by the time their tiny legs had hit the ground, Dismas was long gone into the distance. Some of the men shed a tear in anger. Some punch their caravans.

Though all Dismas feels is joy..

Agile sits on a rock outcrop somewhere in the world, a small figure beside him, his head is tilted down. "So much has been lost as of late." he says, pulling his head up to gaze at the sky, "But what is lost may be found again." 

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.