[Lore] Braduk Rhinos

I think the lore is great though I think the breeding is unrealistic. First of all, orcs are not the brightest race and wouldn't have the knowledge that breeding the rhinos would somehow enlarge it not to mention that their would need to be a recessive gene to enlarge it at all. Then to enlarge it again you would need to use another gene therefor making it take a lot longer then said. Secondly I don't think you would be able to breed them without taming them first as mentioned. It is possible but it would add time to the clock so if you could flip that around it would make it a little more realistic. Also from what I have seen and read in orc lore, is that they are not exactly strategic. This being said I doubt they would see potential in the rhinos and use them as mounts, if anything they would use them purely for warfare. I love the lore though, the rhinos aren't much of the problem it is just the orc personality and mindset. On another note if you could make it more flexible so that perhaps dwarves, elves, kha', or humans could obtain the rhino by other means such as stealing/raiding, scouting the badlands, etc... Just so it isn't restricted to one specific clan.

Orcs are geniuses,  no insulting our intellectual ability. 

would need to be a recessive gene to enlarge it at all. Then to enlarge it again you would need to use another gene therefor making it take a lot longer then said.

Random Mutation itself provides enough variation in size for selective breeding. These mutations that power natural selection which in turn power evolution have a rate of occurrence. And it wouldn't take one recessive gene. Most traits like height and weight and hair color are powered by hundreds of genes. That provides a lot more room for error. They are called polygenic traits. This makes sense. If there was only one gene that controlled size, then wouldn't there only be two sizes of animals, and not a myriad of intermediates? The selective pressures they apply here should be ample to breed. Many breeds of dogs are descended from a dozen individuals. 

On another note if you could make it more flexible so that perhaps dwarves, elves, kha', or humans could obtain the rhino by other means such as stealing/raiding, scouting the badlands, etc... Just so it isn't restricted to one specific clan.

I know Thurak already touched on this, but I would like to add that most of the Orc clans have their own specific mounts (Gorkils have boars, Lurs have wolves, Gahktusks have bears, Ugluks had bulls when the Ugluk clan still existed). My point being that this is supposed to be a clan-specific mount. Anyways, I understand you're trying to be constructive, so thank you.

Hmm, thanks for the response. I didn't quite think that far into it. Though for it being restricted I had not known about the orc clans having specific mounts. Now I feel stupid :|

Hmm, thanks for the response. I didn't quite think that far into it. Though for it being restricted I had not known about the orc clans having specific mounts. Now I feel stupid :|

Don't feel stupid. Orc lore is complicated and extensive. You can't always be expected to know every small detail about it.

Why not? I mean it all sounds pretty good to me.