Anthos Annual Death Games [Placeholder Name]

ixTec

xgcnb5M.png

Before you comment
Yes, this is pretty much LOTC Hunger Games and the name can be changed if anyone thinks of something better.

Event Planners:

Myself (ixTec) and any ET Members that wish to assist me.

Event Type:

"World Event" - "Community Event" - "Fun Event" - "Entertainment Event" - "Competition Event"

Event Date:

Negotiable with ET

Factions/Nations effected by the event:

All Nations and those groups approved by myself.

Event Location:

Needs to be discussed with Event Team but will be kept a secret until an announcement is made.

Summary:

(More of an essay, sorry)

Two tributes will be selected of each of the following races

Humans
Elves
Dwarfs
Orcs
Kharajyr
Halflings

The tributes will be chosen by the Nations leaders from those that volunteer for such a thing. Once all the tributes have been selected, the location of the arena will be announced. This information is released later to reduce the training the tributes can have for a specific environment.

Those chosen to represent their Nation will have to meet the following requirements:

- Have no use of magic -
- Have no relation to those in-charge of the Death Games-
- Be one of both sexes. (One male, one female) -
- Have no knowledge of the arena, prior to its announcement -

Once all the tributes reach the arena, they will be released into it and the fight will begin. Those within the arena will be able to use ANYTHING within the arena to their advantage, whether it be the environment or tools/weapons they find hidden throughout it.

Each competitor will begin with two pieces of leather armour, just to make it more difficult to kill them as soon as it starts.

The winner will be the last one alive after the others have been killed by each other and he/she will receive the following prizes:

- Recognition as the first winner of the AADG -
- 5,000 Mina reward -
- Possible other rewards yet to be discussed -

Each Nation must also pay a 1,000 Mina fee (which pays for both tributes) for entering into the event. This money will fund both the construction of the arena and the advertisement of it.

Traders and Merchants may contact me regarding possible advertisements within and around the Arena and also if they wish to invest into it.

Entry for those wishing to watch the event will be free, however better seating will be available to those who pay a small fee of 50 Minas (per person).

Concept Images/Screenshots

I currently have no concept images or screenshots since until I discuss details with the ET, I have no idea what it will look like, where it will be, nor what will be in it, however a few ideas I have been discussing with friends are as follows. 

EDIT: I'll try add some pictures tomorrow when I'm more awake

Canyon
A circular arena with a platform in the middle. The competitors will begin on the platform and be forced to jump off, down into the water in the canyon below. They can fight down in the water, or climb up the steep sides of the canyon to acquire tools and weapons.
The crowd will be seated within the top of the canyon and will be behind bars to stop them interfering with the game.

Island
The entire arena will be a small island in which the competitors will arrive and begin on either a dock or the shore. They will be able to scourge for both food and tools within the island and it will be small enough for the crowd to watch from boats dotted nearby to view any fights.
The island will be regioned so only the competitors can enter it to stop interfering from those on the boat.

Other Information:

DISCLAIMER(Kinda):

I have been asked to notify those that volunteer and are chosen to represent their nation in the event, wouldn't be forced to perma-kill their character. However it would be preferred for sake of keeping with RP since the event is a large one that would be seen or talked of by most and so it would not make sense for you to be healed by the monks or there would be no danger in participating.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

Yes I will for the reasons below

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

Builders definitely, Actors maybe.
(TImelord_Lalve has already agreed to happily assist me, however more would be needed)

Letme know what you think of the idea and suggest anything if you feel it's necessary. 

*Looks to the title, cocking a brow.*

Obviously the name could easily be changed, it's only there as a placeholder for now until I, or anyone else, can think of anything better.

I think he means your titles are mixed up =P

There's one problem...

THERE ARE NO FEMALE DWARVES ANYMORE!

I think he means your titles are mixed up =P

Fixed it. Thanks :)

Guest Grey

There's one problem...

THERE ARE NO FEMALE DWARVES ANYMORE!

Dress some dwarf up with some girly attire with a skirt, and dye his beard pink. Problem solved.

Dress some dwarf up with some girly attire with a skirt, and dye his beard pink. Problem solved.

That'll probably work to be honest...

Though entirely unorigonal, I like this idea. This will put some actual fun to PvP for those who like it. You have my support, as long as you... well... develop it a bit more :P

Though entirely unorigonal, I like this idea. This will put some actual fun to PvP for those who like it. You have my support, as long as you... well... develop it a bit more :P

I plan to, this was just a first/second draft to use as a proposal. I'll be speaking with ET, should this be accepted, to sort out aspects of it and try to make it more original and fitting for LOTC.

Considering there is a force impending doom upon the world and slowly taking over the world, as well as a cult of evil Iblees followers smiting people down... I don't think any nations would wish to participate in a "kill my people" contest. It's nice to think about, and would have worked in asulon with the whole "Nation versus nation" roleplay, but here it wouldn't work imo. 

Considering there is a force impending doom upon the world and slowly taking over the world, as well as a cult of evil Iblees followers smiting people down... I don't think any nations would wish to participate in a "kill my people" contest. It's nice to think about, and would have worked in asulon with the whole "Nation versus nation" roleplay, but here it wouldn't work imo. 

I understand what you're saying, and I was reluctant at first but nations are constantly having smaller tournaments for their knights or battle-worthy warriors and something like this could create some much needed nation vs nation RP. The Orcs seem to enjoy killing each other over petty things, so they may be interested in this and as for the other races, it would be a chance to show off their strength.

I honestly want to see this happen. It would be so funny seeing some halflings taking on other races

by funny I mean they would totally pwn dos n00bs

Would be a fun event, specially if there was some nice lore tied into it. Maybe ways for the GMs to put some money they have back into the economy as well?