[Idea/brainstorm] Werewolf And Vampire Brainstorming

Tristanx7

Looks mostly good. Here are my ideas:

Vampires would be added to a group, who take no fall damage and whenever they eat, they get ten secounds of say jump boost 10?

It is impossible to turn sombody fully, to become a propper vampire you must make an application and have your character die while comiting some great crime. This brings us to the whole idea of a "deal with he devil". Should you be accepted you would become a full vampire, but still have to progress through the tiers. There should be some kind of conditions for a vampire to turn sombody. It is impossible without thier ooc consent. Afterwards they become similar, but are limited to tier 2 and below.

Tiers:

All) A vampire is generaly very strong and able. Being undead themselves they are often ignored by monsters. A vampire must consume blood once an elven week or die. Animal blood will do but is not as potent as human, dwarf, elf ect.

1) Clothing does not protect you from the sun, any exposure will set you on fire quickly. You are stronger hen before and are able to glide along the air for a short distace.

2) A thick hood apears to shield you from the day, but exposure will still harm you. You are much stronger then most men and even most dwarves now, a single hit is enough to send your victims sprawling.

3) You are able to take down any mortal with relative ease. Quickly disapearing through the air and into the forest is not dificult. You should be well positioned above your town and many people fear you. You apear to have gained a druid like grasp over bats and insects, they will often apear near you and complete favors.

4) At this stage is when you will begin to create a family or brood around you. Abducting inocents to act as servents. You are now able to turn them with limited success.

5) This is where variety comes in. You are now going to specialize in one of five subtypes: The Bat, The Magician, The Mother, The Destroyer or The Spider.

5 The Bat) Having gained much of an understanding with these creatures, you become more like them. Stealthy and quick. After a while long sustained flight becomes easy and transformation can become possible for short periods. This subtype usualy lives alons taking only what he needs to survive.

5 The Magician) Having made a further sacrifice, The Magician is a master of Illusion, Telikinesis and Teleportation. ((This is the only subtype that can know magic. You must have a MA for all magic you plan to use, but it can be self taught.))

5 The Mother) The Mother bases thier survival not just around hemselves, but thier entire colony. They will abduct many mortals to turn and use. They find the conversion much easier and less strenuous. This subtype often comes from one who had a family before, and they may try to turn thier family to live with them.

5 The Destroyer) The Destroyer feels wronged, they swear vengence and thier goal is to attack and topple the governments of towns and act as a constant plauge. These are the ones who find angry mobs at thier door a regular ocurence.

5 The Spider) Having been corupted once again, the spider has taken on an arachnid form. They are capable of scalling walls and trees. They are usualy found in caves or the jungle, having created thier own nest. Thier victims are not usualy killed or drain at first, but are usualy brought to the nest to become a cocoon or just saved for later. This type will somtimes lay eggs, which can lead to a small colony off Spider Vampires.

This is all speculative, and is totaly up for review and changing.

There are plugins to support these

Well since this is already necro'd I may as well post, I just resubmitted my lore from nearly a year ago directly to the admins. I was told this was the best course of action in order to get it accepted. While it is not a stereotypical vampirism, I believe it is unique enough to be accepted and play a part in the lotc universe. We'll see where it goes. 

The reason these two weren't allowed was because of twilight. I assume most people are now over that and we can appeal to the admin team.

I personally would love to see these things not as event monsters but players. 

The reason these two weren't allowed was because of twilight. I assume most people are now over that and we can appeal to the admin team.

I personally would love to see these things not as event monsters but players. 

That's my hope. At the time it was considered "Out of place" for the server. I figure now is a better time to appeal my idea. 

That's my hope. At the time it was considered "Out of place" for the server. I figure now is a better time to appeal my idea. 

It is anything but out of place now. Not only are we in a medieval type of realm but we have seen harpies, dark armies of mutants, trolls, elementals, cockatrices, swamp monsters. Vampires and werewolves hold a lot of common knowledge.

I think if we allow them we will see small factions creating RP fear where an antag might not be able to. Players will have the option to become this creature, ward against them or hunt them down.

It is anything but out of place now. Not only are we in a medieval type of realm but we have seen harpies, dark armies of mutants, trolls, elementals, cockatrices, swamp monsters. Vampires and werewolves hold a lot of common knowledge.

I think if we allow them we will see small factions creating RP fear where an antag might not be able to. Players will have the option to become this creature, ward against them or hunt them down.

Well at the same time I think it would be a bit boring to bring "Vampires" directly into the server. I love originality and we base a lot of things on other sources, so I tried creating a original piece with more lore. Vampires are cool but I wanted to develop something that was built for the server. I love the idea of unique creations running around, Golems being one such thing I love to watch. I think it makes the server feel so much more unique. We'll see where it goes though. 

I personally think that if anything in this category is accepted, a plugin isn't needed. The RP potential is enough. At most maybe a few "spells" to help them along in the 4.0 system, if that is even possible. 

Those are already done and made and perfect.

Honestly, I think a separate post might be needed for my idea on the subject:

Vampire:

-cannot go outside during the mc daytime (exception being under a porch or something that would shade from the sun. If they were to go into the sunlight, they would start to burn until back in shade. (think buffy style)

-would need to have illusion magic to lull a victim into a false sense of security with them.

-the 'victim' would have to consent to being bitten.

-a bite does not turn you into a vampire. In order to be turned, you must be close to death and fed the blood of the vampire.

-would be stronger, at night, then a normal human (But not like super strength or anything like that) During the day, they would be weaker.

-normal weapons do damage and can kill, however it takes a lot to do it at night. Wooden weapons would be more effective, especially if stabbed with one

-Do not age (as in, your hair won't go grey and things like that) this is NOT immortality. You may live longer then a normal human (elves would have their lifespan shortened some) but eventually you will die.

Werewolf:

-changes on the full moon, where they would go hunting for animals.

-weapons made of rp silver could kill them easily (normal weapons can harm and even kill, just takes a lot)

-normal people all the rest of the time.

-a bite does not mean you change. I would say it would take 7 irl days. In that time, the person can be treated by a potion or something like that to stop the change. (again, consent to be bitten would have to be obtained)

-have a bit of a taste for raw meat, dislike veggies and bread.

For both of these, there would need to be a 'cure'. This can be ICly developed by a doctor or alchemist.

Restrictions would be that no harm can come to another character unless consented to by the other party.

You cannot act out of your IC character (IE being a vampire and running around in open daylight without catching fire, or changing into a werewolf anytime that isn't the full moon)

I also think you would need to OOCly register yourself that you are infected on a forum post, just so your RP can be monitored for a bit to make sure you're doing things right.

I support this idea, and would enjoy playing this type of character.

I'm not against the general idea of shapeshifters or blood-sucking demons. But I think the server would benifit more from a unique idea, not a idea thats been re-used and re-written over and over in recent history.

I'm not against the general idea of shapeshifters or blood-sucking demons. But I think the server would benifit more from a unique idea, not a idea thats been re-used and re-written over and over in recent history.

*Cough*ShamelessPlugToMyLore*Cough*