[Recruiting] The Solaniri Cartel

justAnarchy

The Solaniri Cartel 

355_Gibson_Girl_drawing.jpg

*As you walk along, going about your business, you stop into a tavern for a quick drink. You are approached by a young, bright and cheerful bartender.*
"Well met friend! Ye look parched! Lemme fetch ya a drink! What will it be? On the house!"
*You tell the bartender what you would like to drink, surprised by the his kindness.
As the bartender slides the drink across the bar to you, he rests against the bar and starts to talking about the weather and the locals. As the conversation starts to dim, you stand up and head for the door, thanking the bartender.* 
"Hey uh...ye not looking for any work I suppose?"
*Before you can answer, the bartender continues...*
"I've been looking for the right person to take up the job...-the bartender leans in, lowering his voice-...and I think ye would be that person. Lots of coin, lots of opportunity...interested?"
*You sit down again on your seat. The bartender looks pleased with your choice, and begins to talk again*
"Alright, here's whats up. There's a new organization in town...founded by a man by the name of Reggie Taylor. I don't expect you to have heard of him, he's new in Abresi, and has been keeping mum, until now. He grew up overseas, where he had his own criminal gang. Nothin' major, you know...robbin' shops, beatin up squires. He even owned his own Tavern. After war broke out, he was forced to take to the seas, and he ended up here in Abresi. 
Reggie is slowly rebuilding his reputation and revamping his approach to making money. So he's founded his own organization, the Solaniri Cartel. Before you ask, no we don't kill people, and we aren't sadistic Orc haters. We just sell and trade certain things...like weapons, ale, certain merchandise that ye wouldn't normally find in town. Oh, and women. Ya see, Reggie is lookin to opening up a special kind of tavern. A tavern of entertainment and leisure. A lot better than these other dull places. There will be in-house shows, music, dances, and lots of pretty women for uh...'hire', yea you know, a pay by the hour situation. But thats just the legal side of it. With all that entertainment, the guard will be none the wiser! While the ladies are flashing themselves and the instruments are playing upstairs, the producing of illegal substances, dealing of weapons and protection rackets are all happening downstairs, behind the curtains. Personally I think it's brilliant...and you should too! Imagine the minas you could make sonny. Also, if you're a bit frisky about dealing with the illegal affairs, you can work in the tavern! We're lookin' for entertainers, musicians, bar tenders, door men, cooks and thugs to work with the protection racket. I'm sure you have at least one suitable set of skills to accomodate! 

Alright, enough of my babblin.  Here *the bartender hands you a folded piece of dirty paper*, take this with ya, fill it out, and bring it back to me. I look forward to seeing ya again!
*The bartender walks down the stairs to the cellar, fetching another barrel of ale*

~Jobs~

Musician
Bartender
Waiter
Entertainer (comedian, singer, actor, dancer)
Thug (works in protection racket and door guarding)
Brewer
Cook
Thief

Note: Some of these jobs also server the purpose of 'cover-ups'. From time to time, you may called upon to participate in weapons shipments/dealings, smuggling or assisting in the brewery/substance processing. As more Taverns open and the Cartel expands, different jobs may become available. 

The Solaniri Cartel is a new organization, we don't have any 'ranks' or 'ladders' to climb. It's just Reggie, then you. Once the Cartel gets up and running, we'll see about the whole 'promoting' situation. For now, the better you do your job, the better you get paid. Simple. 

~The Law of the Cartel~

One. ~Keep their bellies full, eyes open and purses empty.
Remember, we're all about making money. Half of profit comes from entertaining, the other half from the underground. If you're working in the Tavern, your job is to keep the customers entertained. You want to do everything you can to keep them inside. Talk with them, put on a show, ladies take your tops off, if they get bored of the music change it up...as long as the money bags are happy, they will stay, and the longer they stay, the more money in our pockets.

Two. ~You murder; we don't know ya

We don't kill people, thats just not our thing. We exist purely to entertain and make money, and we achieve that by doing anything that our imagination allows us to...just not killing. Sure, we may klomp a few beggin' urchins or 'physically intimidate' others for the sake of protecting another partner business, but thats the extent. If you get caught by the guards for murder, the Cartel will deny any claims of knowing you. Also, if you come near the Cartel...you will be beaten.  Only on 'special' occasions will Reggie ask someone he trusts to help him 'permanently' deal with an on-going trouble maker or a guard who got too nosy. 

Three. ~Flog and get flogged

If your caught stealing from the Cartel, you will be beaten to a pulp and cast out. Also, if you're seen anywhere near a tavern owned by the Cartel, or any other hidden Solaniri house, you will be beaten...again. 

Four. ~Utter a word, and you'll never be heard.

If you decide to spread word of the Cartel's illegal activity, to anyone...the Cartel will beat you, then cut out your tongue. Reggie's pet hate is snitches and backstabbers, and there's a lot of high stakes on the table when it comes to the Cartel, and any setbacks can seriously injure the weight of our coin purses. 

~Application Form~
OOC:
Minecraft Name:

Timezone:

Link to Villain Application if any (Note: VA is not required, but recommended):

IC:
Race:

Name:

Brief description of yourself:

What's ya job/s?:

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.