Knights Of The Eventide Dominion

Swgrclan

24B4V2Q.png

Knights of the Eventide

The Eventide Order is a sect of men and women who have been inducted in the Good Faith of the Creator, and with that, have adopted a strict set of rules and guidelines that they are bound to follow until their service is dismissed or otherwise deemed inactive. They can be considered zealots with how they embrace and enforce their faith and can, in numbers, be a force to be reckoned with.

They hold a single chapter in their first stages of life. Unlike most knightly chapters, they are not considered a goodly force; if anything, they can be seen as bitter and violent. Their motives are cold and they hold little care for the well-being of strangers, whether or not they are in danger. They are not a guard force, they are not a militant mercenary force - they are more of an inquisitry bound to no nation or community, acting as an independent force under the will of God.

Motives and Goals

The Eventide Dominion holds a rather obsessive hatred for magic; it is said that mages are against the Will of the Creator, however, they concluded that some are tolerable - given the circumstances. It is one of the several goals of the Eventide Knights to hunt down rogue Magi and annihilate them and any dark enclave they have wrought. “Rogue Magi”, being a wide term, is fit into several categories for the Eventide:

Necromancers

Blood-Mages

Criminal Evocationists

Dark-Art Users

Wild Druids/Shamans

Foreign Deity-Magic Users

Unruly Illusionists

Setherian Cultists

And many more, these being but a few examples of “rogue mages.” Rogue-Magi, especially ones with criminal records, are prone to endure more dire punishment before being subjected to a ritual cross-burning, which is believed by the Eventide Order to cleanse the souls of the damned so they have a chance of being forgiven by the Creator after their demise. Clerics, Druids and other Deity-based magical user, given that their deity is non-heretical, are tolerated by the Knights of the Eventide if they do out step out of line and threaten the livelihood of the Anthosian masses.

Heretics of the Creator’s Will are also to be subjected to cleansing-through-fire; followers of Setherian and Iblees are prime targets, whereas the latter type that held in captivity to be “interrogated” for information. It is well-known that the Eventide Order wishes to prevent another doomsday that involves a darker being and it’s heretical ilk. Setherian’s minions, having been assumed to be ascended to a state where they do not wear flesh and blood, are killed on sight and considered dark spirits hailing under a corrupt higher-being.

Current Where-Abouts

With their last home decimated by Harbinger magics, the Eventide seeks refuge within

Acherus II -- a keep still in-construction, formed from the uninhabited shell of Darkhaven.

Origins of the Eventide Dominion

The dawn of the Eventide depended solely upon two men, both long-eared but of different heritage -- Viktor Delacroix, a Dark-Elf of unknown origin, and Alistair Benedict who also holds no identifiable past. They were traveling Mali, men upon the road who spent their lives spread the good word of God until they became fed up with the state of the world. Across five lands they had witnessed heresy grip the land in innumerous forms; through an unending exodus they watched as men held power not meant for their hands. It is the concept of magic being abused by greedy men and women and defiance against the Creator that caused the pair to form a hatred; a spite, and a cause to cleanse the world of power-hungry wizards and heretics that would support the unraveling of the Natural Order.

Their target befell upon Vorkaelus Keep; a well-known destination of a cult that once resided there. Rounding up honorable men and women willing to bound themselves to their cause, Alistair and Viktor led a small army to the keep and annihilated the cultist inhabitants within, claiming it as their own and allowing them a chance to assume their roots and establish.

However, like all things, the order came to pass. With it’s home in ruin, the Eventide Knights faded in obscurity; their keep later home to an unexpected attack which obliterated it’s exterior and locked what dwelt the underground passages in indefinitely. Their conflict with the church and numerous other orders had assured any sole members would be either snuffed out or

Decades later they returned -- as if from the shadows themselves, the Eventide Knights reassumed their black plate, wore their mark and re-assessed their order to attempt, once again, to act as a domineering force over magical control -- but this time, with more fervor.

Oath of the Eventide

To ascend beyond Levihood, one must bind themselves to the Eventide order and agree to follow the Four Holy Vows; breaking these vows will make the offender subject to heinous punishment, including torture and then death. To break the Four Vows, in the eyes of the Eventide Order, is considered an act of heresy and treason.

The following four statements are the vows:

I. Suffer Not the Unclean to Live

II. Uphold the honor of God

III. Detest the Witch, Destroy the Witch

IV. Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds

Ranks of the Eventide

The Eventide Order holds a compact, non-complicated ranking system that focuses ascension around one’s efficiency in handling heretics and degenerate-Magi instead of how well a soldier may kill and/or dispose of either. There lie two branches with the second being optional and shorter than the main; the ranking order goes as is (From lowest to greatest):

Eventide Levy

V

Eventide Man-At-Arms

V

Eventide Squire

V

Eventide Imperial

V

Eventide Knight | Eventide Judge

V

Eventide Highlord

The Auxiliary Branch is offered to an Eventide soldier once he reaches squirehood. While smaller, it focuses on units that handle other tasks that the main branch is not fit to handle; archers, scouts, medics, rangers and (as the name implies) other auxiliary units are settled in this branch. Those in the Eventide Auxiliary branch are not inclined to ascend the branch, as it’s more to fit men and women who are not interested in knighthood into their desired roles.

Eventide Auxiliary (Field-Medics, Scribes, etc)

V

Eventide Scout

V

Eventide Warden

Foreign Relations

Whilst the Eventide Order is not focused on diplomacy and cross-guild interactions, the leadership is inclined to keep track of their friends and foes. The Eventide’s opinion depends on how a guild works, their morals/goals/motives, their observed inner-workings and the disposition of their members. Other orders who hold similar goals are prone to be liked by the Eventide, whilst goals of guilds that are not are more prone to fall in the “dislike” list; foreign relations also include kingdoms and nations.

Nations/Kingdoms

Conclave of Malin: Tolerated.

Grand Kingdom of Urguan: Distasteful.

Orcish Rexdom: Distasteful.

Holy Kingdom of Oren: Tolerated.

Kharajyran Pridedom: Distasteful.

Guilds and Foreign Orders

The Teutonic Order: Approving.

The Druidic Order: Heretical.

The Mages’ Guild: Disliked

Clerical Order: Disliked.

The Black Hand: Heretical.

Cult of the Frozen Night: Heretical.

The Scions of the Third Era: Disliked.

The Disciples of Sol: Tolerated.

Holy Order of Saint Lucien: Tolerated.

Eventide Uniforms

Currently, there are only two available uniform; one for knights and above, and one for auxiliary units and ranks Squire and below.

The Tabard:

Dpcgmkj.png

Man-At-Arms Uniform:

u8o3DFF.png

Knight’s Attire:

tikgDK0.png

Inquisitors’ Garments:

11CiWZB.png

Application

OOC Section

MC name:

Skype Name (Optional):

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname:

Race:

Notable Skills:

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?:

Reasons for joining:

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?:

Additional Information:

OOC Section

MC name:

trolol504

Skype Name (Optional):

will PM it.

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname:

Aldric Stronheim

Race:

Human

Notable Skills:

-Able with the two handed sword, can use a one hand sword and shield efficiently.

-Have experience using steel armor for elongated amounts of time.

-Can read and write.

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?:

The Holy Creator.

Reasons for joining:

Having heard of the Knights of the Eventide Dominion's pure and creator serving motives, I feel as though I could truly server the creator through this guild, and prove my worth as a servant of god.

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?: 

Although not adhering to many moral boundaries, I am no monster, and would refuse to kill a child lest I was brought to it as an only option. I dislike most other races due to previous experience, but am for from a racist.

Additional Information: 

I was raised by parents of the true faith, they knew that giving thanks to the creator was proper, and as so I attended mass throughout my childhood.

((Swag))

OOC Section

MC name: Bakerismaxamis

Skype Name (Optional): PM me if wanting it.

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname: Ark Uldrik

Race: Half Wood Elf, half Adunian

Notable Skills: Skilled in handling a long sword and bow. Also holding the ability to evoke electricity through evocation. Though doing so sparingly as only if needed for what ever the reason.

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?: I hold no faith in any deity at this time. Though I am willing to devote myself to the Eventide's beliefs on the Creator.

Reasons for joining: I seek to better myself in life. And in serving the Knights of the Eventide, I would also be carrying out the will of the Creator. Which is something I seek and wish to devote myself to.

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?: I will not harm a child unless it's the last choice to be made. Will retain myself from attempting to knock someone's block off if they begin to back talk. though if someone chooses to carry on, or target anyone I know and trust. Then I'm not afraid to stand against them and fight for a righteous cause. Either that being teaching someone a lesson, or defending what I believe in. To an extreme amount even if having to.

Additional Information: As I've noted. I seek to place my devotion into the Knights of the Eventide's cause and beliefs to bring aid alongside them. 

OOC Section

MC name: Anawkin52

Skype Name (Optional): Jacksonkid777

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname: Jorin of Festina, I choose to not adhere to my surname.

Race: Human.

Notable Skills: I'm quite skilled with a sword, If I do say so myself. 

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?: Only that of the true faith.

Reasons for joining: I wish to become a greater man than I am at this moment,I am restless and quake for a cause to live by.

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?: To be put simply, Women and children. It would be immoral for me to harm them in any manner.

Additional Information: Nay.

Good brother Ragslav makes read of many old scroll in Abresian chapel. There he locates a certain scroll that is labeled with the words 

"HERETICAL ORDER"

Wondering what this order is he opened it up and read the few words that were there. It called the Eventide Dominion heretical and false for not recognizing the supremacy of the church. Now it only classed it as type 4 so this makes Ragslav write letter to the dominion where ever ti might be located.

"Dear Dominion,

Please come to great mother church and recognize it's holy  and divine authority over all holy orders. Than make great repent and possibly great godanistan will forgive.

-Father Ragslav."

Good brother Ragslav makes read of many old scroll in Abresian chapel. There he locates a certain scroll that is labeled with the words 

"HERETICAL ORDER"

Wondering what this order is he opened it up and read the few words that were there. It called the Eventide Dominion heretical and false for not recognizing the supremacy of the church. Now it only classed it as type 4 so this makes Ragslav write letter to the dominion where ever ti might be located.

"Dear Dominion,

Please come to great mother church and recognize it's holy  and divine authority over all holy orders. Than make great repent and possibly great godanistan will forgive.

-Father Ragslav."

The letter is delivered to Acherus II via courier, whom of which was paid in coin for his hasty delivery. The Lord-Inquisitor, bearing no name but his title with the second rise of his order, sits down upon a large, throne-like seat with the letter open and displayed to him, the wax seal broken. Not only did the shortness of the missive bother the Lord-Inquisitor, but it's implications offended - if not moreso - than the nigh-mechanical response to the re-awakening of his dominion. Had the Lord-Inquisitor been a rash man, he would spit on those that deemed his men heretical before thusly murdering them to uphold his 'honor' -- but, alas, he was not a rash man, and a patient one.

He wrote his own letter, and sent the same courier back to Father Ragslav with extra payment as to assure his haste.

"Good Father Ragslav,

I thank you for this notice you so-hastily had sent unto me after the second 'rise' of my brothers in arms, and in faith. But before I focus on your actual request of me, I must dwell over several points and views that are necessary for me to make before any approach to the Great Mother Church actually takes place.

I still remember the day the church itself came to my doorstep with their offer. I gave my own; a fair deal with the man I met with, one who I once thought a proper man of the faith. But the fact he took it so insultingly, stormed from my keep and then promptly ushered the High Ecclesiarch to attempt to invade the keep my brothers earned in blood and honorable combat was abomidable. Had I gathered the men to make an assault and to enact revenge for stealing and indoctrinating one of my comrades during such a time, your holy keep would become a battle-ground and a bath of blood and severed flesh. Such savagery is expected of Necromancers, rogue-Mages and heretics seeking to undo the Good Lord's work. I, at first, found your demand damnedable because of this, however -- I am a considerate man. Piety has granted this unto me.

We shall meet with your Church, again, and without violence and the shattering of my order's integrity following this convoking. I will keep a keen eye, however, during this meeting; despite the High Ecclesiarch Radomir having taken his assumed resignment from his holy position, I still bear my understandable suspicions. I trust treachery shall not forge a future between the Church and the Eventide Dominion when we meet once more.

High regards and blessings,

The Lord Inquisitor."

Dion sees a posting in Abresi and scratches his head saying to himself, "So uh.. does this mean I have to come back to this order?"

Application

OOC Section

MC name: MrNewVegas101

Skype Name (Optional):

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname: Garrett Blackthorn

Race: Human

Notable Skills: I grew helping those in the streets of Abresi and in return they taught me how to use knives and the shadows to my advantage, this may or may not come in handy when in the Order though.

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?: I never really chose a god of my own.

Reasons for joining: I've recently left home and wish to make my mark, I value the morals of the Order and wish to help those in danger from the dangerous Rogue magi. 

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?: I help those of lesser standing, whether they be a starving pauper to a rich noble who needs a place to stay for the night.

Additional Information: What I lack in experience, I make up for in determination.

Pherak walks around in his typical morning walk, spotting such a message posted upon a board. "Hmm... I guess it's time to break out the old robes.." He chuckles as he walks on home to gather his old Eventide uniform.

OOC Section

MC name:Halomanter12

Skype Name (Optional):rockmanter13

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname:Merilon Falo The Scorpion

Race:High Elf

Notable Skills:He is skilled in hand to hand combat and could handle himself in any battle, he is also skilled in minor alchemy. He is an archer with long range

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?: No but he wants to seek the truth and find whats right

Reasons for joining: Having heard a bit of information from traveling he wishes to seek more about the Eventide Dominion

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?:He isn't the most religious man in the world be he is open to the thought of the Creator.

Additional Information:Merilon is a very trusting and mindful person, he isn't just a fool in armor he is a smart fighter but like most has his weaknesses. He is a cooperative person and will do anything to come to a solution

Mason Owynson sits atop a pile of rubble within the walls of Acherus II, monitoring the construction crew with growing distaste. Although much of the outer wall had be constructed, the interior remained in disarray. It was, in Masons opinion, more important for the keep to be habitable, then for it to look menacing. However, his superiors desired Acherus II to appear menacing, so there was very little he could do but grunt in annoyance as he watched the construction crews painstakingly slow progression.

His eyes glazed over after another half hour of monitoring. No progress had been made. He finally turned his attention to a pile of applications, which had been gathering dust on a rock, by the storage area.

Bakerismaximis, on 22 Fed 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

Greetings, applicant:
Your application has been reviewed and deemed acceptable. Unfortunately our base of operations is non-operational, therefore you will not be able to enter active duty right away. A message will be sent either directly to you or to your place of dwelling, giving you directions to our guilds headquarters. At which time you will be subjected to a brief interview. Following these events, you will be reviewed, and possibly accepted in The Knights of The Eventide, at which point your training will commence.

Some applicants currently stand a considerably better chance of acceptance than others.
Specifically the ones with a military background.

-Inquisitor Owynson

MC name:     sean_desed
Skype Name (Optional):    sean.lockwood2
IC Section
Your First Name and Surname:    Ayton Falo the Godfather
Race:      Wood Elf
Notable Skills:       Good Archery, decent with a sword, horse riding, building/design
Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?:    Ayton Falo believes himself as a declined god. Due to that he does not pay as much attention to any other god or religion itself, but he still considers the idea of being/ creating one.
Reasons for joining:    A close friend of Ayton reckoned he do so. He and his brother Merilon Falo have now come to consideration and decided to see what these people can do and what they believe.
What moral boundaries does the applicant have?:    I do not have many boundaries. Considering the fact that killing is Ayton’s paid job he will kill whoever someone needs. The only ones he wouldn’t harm is his family members.
Additional Information: Ayton is a very hard working person with a lot of ideas that help many in his life

A hooded figure, clad in the dark steel and bronze of the Eventide, seeks out Ayton personally. His acceptance is discussed, and agreed upon.

((Welcome to the Eventide.))

OOC Section

MC name: yimmya

Skype Name (Optional): um its michael.yimmya

IC Section

Your First Name and Surname: Mik

Race: Goblin

Notable Skills: Mi am hozh ad ztabbin tingoz agh mi kan lyk hab zum zkill ad fyre mojo

Does the applicant hold faith in any known deities?: Kreator am gloriouz

Reasons for joining: Wull mi am zlightly lozt. Da urukz hab gon agin. lyk dey am rare. Agh mi lub da Kreator. Diz zeems hozh yub?

What moral boundaries does the applicant have?: Mi will nub, waid nub moral boundries

Additional Information: Mi am azh veri hozh goblin. Zo! Pick Mik

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.