The Order Of The Pale Crescent

HappyShackles

The Brotherhood of the Pale Crescent

Stamped by the King and High Pontiff

Purposes

The Brotherhood has four major purposes that all of it's members abide to and strive towards. They are the following.

I. Study the nature of supernatural and magical foes of the Kingdom and of all mortal races in order to increase combat effectiveness against them.

II. Search for, acquire, and study artifacts or items with magical properties, being certain they never fall into hands that may abuse or misuse them.

III. Hunt down and eliminate or reform mages who violate the Tenets of the Pale Crescent. Mages receive a single warning before they are captured and reformed. A Mage who violates the Tenets after reformation will be hunted down and eliminated.

IV. In the event of war or other international conflict, the Brotherhood will act in the interest of the Holy Kingdom of Oren first and foremost.

The Tenets of the Pale Crescent

I. One may never use magic in combat unless life is at stake. Magic for utility is permissible, but ostentation is strictly forbidden.

II. One may never teach practical magic to one the Brotherhood does not believe deserving or competent enough.

III. All who have the ability to use practical magic must make all of their personal information, including magical abilities, names, relationships and place of residence, available to the Brotherhood at will.

VI. One may never practice magic with the intent of using it to do harm to innocents.

V. None may share experimental or scholarly pursuits in magic to any outside of the Brotherhood. They can be shared freely within the Brotherhood.

VI. One who uses practical magic and commits a capital offense in any nation, regardless of whether the offense was committed with magic, will be hunted and eliminated.

VII. One who studies or practices dark magic, including necromancy must serve and live with the Brotherhood, or die.

VIII. The Creator and his Church must be respected and honored during all magical practices to keep the Brotherhood free from the taint of darkness. Any who do not abide by this will be hunted down and reeducated or eliminated regardless of nation or race.

Hierarchy and Prestige

Prestige is a method used by the Brotherhood to record

each member’s deeds and contributions to the Brotherhood.

Commanders

Sovereign; Grandmaster of the Brotherhood, handpicked by the previous Sovereign. Has complete autonomy over the Brotherhood, answering only to his legal superiors.

Consuls; The Sovereign’s eyes, ears, and voice in his absence. All Consuls hold Sovereign authority when he is not present.

Officers

Commandant; The sergeant and drill instructor of all able-bodied men of the Brotherhood, including Regulators and Artificiers.

Steward; The economic administrator of the Brotherhood, handling matters of trade and resources.

Conciliator; May speak for the Brotherhood in matters of diplomacy when on official Brotherhood business.

Regulators

Those loyal and devoted who follow the path of the blade. Regulators, as well as most men of the Crescent, are scholars as well as armsmen.

Artificiers

Those loyal and devoted who follow the path of Magic. Artificiers are not only scholars of the supernatural, they are trained in the practical arts of magics of all kinds not considered heretical.

Armsmen

Executors; The third rank for members of the Order, and last before they are either placed on either the Path of the Blade or the Path of Magic by command or by their choice. Executors are expected to be considered veterans.

Practicioners; The second rank for members of the Brotherhood. At this rank the member swears an oath of their sword for the Brotherhood. They must be well trusted.

Initiates; The brand new members of the Brotherhood, yet to prove themselves at all. Swears no oaths.

Application

Name: Your first and last name.

Race: Your racial origin.

Nationality: Your country and culture of origin.

Ambition: Your reason for desiring to join the Brotherhood.

Skills: Any particular skills you may have.

Black Text IT BURNS

^

"Has the king stamped this?" Silus asks. "I am capable of using the magical arts, is this relevant to me now?"

The High Pontiff shakes his head, and turns to the man beside him, "Send someone to investigate this order. Any who study darkness are likely to fall into its depths. Even their name sounds like heretical longears symbolism. This cannot be allowed without confirmation of the piousness of its members."

James glances at the poster as he chews on a slice of warm, pumpkin pie. He looks towards his old friend Damien Basileus, "Oi! Do I have to send in an application?" After a quick nod from his friend, he rolls his eyes and sticks the rest of the pie in his mouth while he grabs for pen and parchment.

Application

Name: James Belarus

Race: Human

Nationality: Kingdom of Oren

Ambition: I have served with the great house Basileus ever since I was a young lad. Some of them have been my friends and have let me protect them for many years now. When I saw the poster I instantly became interested with such an order, and I see the  chance to increase my knowledge in the path of the blade.

Skills: I have a distinct interest in drilling and teaching military ways. I am decent with a sword and crossbow, and can swear my sword and loyalty too those I truly believe in.

Mordyn Damaske turns to looks at Lorethos as he sees him place the poster up "Must I put in an official request, Lore? I have already served you and your family for thirteen years now, so it should be obvious I would join."

Lorethos would nod with a small smirk "Aye, Mordyn, would be best to do it for formalities and such."

Mordyn would then nod slightly wondering off to find James to steal some parchment from him since he'd run out recently.

Name: Mordyn Damaske

Race: Southeron Human

Ambition: I have stood by my good friends the Basileus family for thirteen years now, protecting them. I see this as a way to continue my training further as well as remain close to protect what is dear to me.

Skills: I have good skills with the sword and shield, but my main focus is polearms, the Halberd being my best weapon and weapon of choice. While training with polearms I learned how to fight with staves as well, just on the off chance that it would be all that is available to use at any time.

An official stamp in red ink, shaped like a crescent moon, is stamped onto all previous applications, signifying their acceptance.

Name: Vladimir Tovalin

Race: Human

Nationality: Orenian

Ambition: I wish to promote all good in the realm and seek out those who misuse the tenants of magic. I hope to see justice brought to wrongdoers of Anthos and usher in a new age of prosperity for our grand land.

Skills: Very skilled with most melee and ranged weapons. Not skilled at all in magic. Very stronkk

Name: Uggg

Race: Orc

Nationality: N/A

Ambition: Uggg razed in Wildz by humie. Uggg want kum play wid humiez. Uggg hate see ugliez in world and think Pale Crescent want same tingz.

Skillz: Uggg orc. Wut else Uggg need sez? Humie train Uggg for dig and chop and plantz. Uggg no dummiez.

((Man, stealin' dah thunder of the Elibar'acals.))

Name: Julius Knight (Nightwing4)

Race: Human

Ambition: I am interested to learn from everyone in Basileus family. I am interested in seeking out those who aren't able to use magic correctly and use it with harmful/destructive intentions. I would be honored to be apart of this great order and brotherhood, everyone has been very good to me as far. 

Skills: I am a great shoot with a bow, and from hunting trips as a kid I learned great stealthy maneuvers (sneaking, patience, walking quietly.) I am extremely loyal to those that I trust and believe in.  

Lorethos makes an addition to the document on a again.

"Practicing, teaching or studying magic without a license will result in extreme repercussions."

Application

Name: Your first and last name. Aramis Lyon

Race: Your racial origin. Human

Nationality: Your country and culture of origin.Oren

Ambition: Your reason for desiring to join the Brotherhood. To begin the next step of my life in the pursuit of magic.

Skills: Any particular skills you may have. Intelligence unlike most.