[Ideas] Stealing & Physical Currency

Helvetius

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should criminals be able to break into houses and steal without having to be in some raid party?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
    • Other...
  2. 2. Should there be a Physical Currency?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
    • Other...

1) The owner of the chest or door must be online, increasing chances of getting caught.

So the locks magically can be picked at certain times and not at others?

2) The moderator would inform the victim that something is being lockpicked when the thief begins.

If a player did such there would be a metagaming ban.

6) Maybe even have similar rules to lockpicking as there is to magic, not many books about it are in the circulation to learn it from. I can't see why wouldn't it work.

Yay, lockpicking cliques...

But instead of any of these, it was chosen by.. well certainly not the players, that lockpicking will be completely gone.. resulting in even more OOC drama.

I'd say there's significantly less.

keep one of the most important parts of villain RP

I will say here and now that more RP is generated by the worst possible Flay sterotype than by lockpickers. It is literally someone takes your stuff. No RP comes from that. You can't stop them, you can't find them, and it's very closely tied to modreqing through barriers and the inevitable ambiguity and bullshit that comes from such. Without a plugin it's just a can of worms that doesn't need opening.

These things have all been tried, tested and found wanting. We know how well they work (or rather, how they don't) from experience. You're all reiterating things that have been done before: there's nothing new here. It's been tried, and it's failed.