[Lore] Official Creator Cleric

MamaBearJade

Sweet lord, these two posts. These so much. You-.. I-... I can't put it into words how much I adore these two posts, they're just perfect about how I feel towards Tahariaes stand point with Creator clerics, they're people with good intentions but they're not worshipping the right aengul to do such, and why would any other aengul steal Tahariaes role anyway? Anywho, I have a neutral opnion on this lore as I'm no clerical mastermind so, yup.

well then why can Shamans, Druids, and others heal? There is other healing magic out there.

Whether we "officially" draw from Tah or some other patron is one thing. This is more to make OFFICIAL lore for those who believe we are worshiping the creator. The Tah clerics are locked from all other magic. My goal isnt to make us completely different from anything. We are more seperating those of us who, as creator clerics, focused more on the healing part and not the "paladin cleric" part that Toov taught. We are still able to heal but we are still seperate, only able to learn minor spells of arcane because we focused mostly on healing part of the creator magic.

Toov's character made it so he can do both arcane and clerical. We have since then evolved into a more strict clerical that focuses on the healing and saving of people. We dont go out there becoming battle mages or war clerics. We are healers. We get a minor ability to connect to the void for minor spells used for defense and healing of more people which can also be taught to non-clerics.

We arent trying to steal anything from the tah, just explain why some of us creator clerics have grown since Toov's start.

edit: Well, technically you cant kill whats already dead... They are not meant to be fighters, just healers.

Well I have one question, maybe Moogle might need to butt in for this as I've never really understood it... How did the creator clerics manage to learn to control both a gods power flowing through them and connecting to the void? How is it done?

And as to the druids they're some hippy ****, yo, no one can understand their tree lovin' style of aspects. Shamans? Wont even try and bother other then I basically imagine both of those two be on different levels to our own patrons.

Not to offend, Jistuma, but I suggest actually knowing about the basic history of the members within the discussed about lore before going about correcting people by throwing around misinterpreted examples, and further devolving the situation.

Toov is the only writer of ANY lore for creator clerics, so I would think his word would serve as some authority considering the general lack of any.

Word does not mean it's written down for the other players that roleplay it to learn it right. This means his word is not followed. Again, they followed the priest guide, and as such, that is the powers they hold.

As for the two examples I gave, I gave examples of clerics I knew weren't part of the clerical order. And I did say that I wasn't sure that you weren't before, and Selina is a weird case, as he has told me himself that. He is and isn't a creator cleric at the same time or something I don't want to think more about that.

Point still stands, nothing written down for the new creator clerics to go by, they go by what is written, which is the priest healing.

Thought again, I am not too sure that creator clerics are going to continue existing, we'll see.

Well I have one question, maybe Moogle might need to butt in for this as I've never really understood it... How did the creator clerics manage to learn to control both a gods power flowing through them and connecting to the void? How is it done?

And as to the druids they're some hippy ****, yo, no one can understand their tree lovin' style of aspects. Shamans? Wont even try and bother other then I basically imagine both of those two be on different levels to our own patrons.

GOOD QUESTION DAN

well, to be completely honest with you, creator clerics should really not be aware that what they're casting is arcane / void magic. What Toov believed, and taught me and Ski_King, is that our fire came from the creator, as did our healing magic.

so there

To make it clear. How we are different from Toov's Arcane Clerics and our Creator clerics.

We are sacrificing our physical being and much of our arcane to be able to use the higher stages of magic.

We are in a way still the same clerics but we have evolved. We are sacrificing aspects to gain properties.

Things such as losing life span for large heals, losing much connection to the void. We want to be at the same par as Tah clerics, but at the same time, we are keeping our connection to the void.

if that make sense....I explain better in voice

To make it clear. How we are different from Toov's Arcane Clerics and our Creator clerics.

We are sacrificing our physical being and much of our arcane to be able to use the higher stages of magic.

We are in a way still the same clerics but we have evolved. We are sacrificing aspects to gain properties.

Things such as losing life span for large heals, losing much connection to the void. We want to be at the same par as Tah clerics, but at the same time, we are keeping our connection to the void.

if that make sense....I explain better in voice

And why do you evolve when the others don't?

(Not shooting you down, just asking)

And why do you evolve when the others don't?

(Not shooting you down, just asking)

because we focused more on the healing aspect. Ski never taught us the fire aspect of the magic and thus thats what we focused on. We connect weakly to the void for only protection and help to heal where as the others sacrifice their healing for arcane magic mainly.

Kaila learned much of her magic on her own and Rose only taught her the healing aspect. Being a healer prior to the magic, her and Sarah could use the minor aspects of the void magic to help her heal more while using less energy.

Edit: Technically the other clerics evolved as well as many use fire and other evocations. This means they grew more aware of their magic and thus lose focus on their healing. Could explain why they can only reach "tier 3" on the old system when it comes to their clerical healing.

If you're shaping this magic around the literal Creator of the LoTC universe, I'm afraid it wouldn't work that way. There is no definitive lore on the Creator and, based on how he's acted (or, rather, hasn't), I fail to see how he would grant a small collection of mortals this magic and only this restricted type. To get my point across here, I'll use Ao as an example of how I portray the Creator:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ao 

Ao never grants his followers, if any, powers. He does not provide much of a hint to his existence. In fact, he has no purpose besides keeping the world orderly and assuring what deities that had been formed through the years remain in-check so they do not destroy the world he watches over in secret. Perhaps the Creator is the same in this case, so it wouldn't make sense for him, after 1,300+ years of remaining silent to any prayers, to suddenly grant this blatant mock-up of Tahariae's gift. 

If this "Creator" is not the actual Creator of the realm(s) of LoTC, then I'm sure Tahariae would take action against this stranger of an Aengudaemon who would have the audacity to copy his gifts and either make him stop supplying this power or destroy him outright.

Parting from that point, I'm curious about any outlying abilities these Creator Clerics would have. In the past, my Wraith had been accosted by a Creator Cleric and was seen through his disguise because the Creator Cleric shined light over him and "sensed" him because he was Undead, despite being cleverly covered. Additionally, I've also heard of "taint sensing" where Creator Clerics search for taint on individuals in order to deem them dark figures like Necromancers or Shades. These abilities have both been shot down by Hosper, Wardog4445 and a number of other notable Clerics because it's essentially using Clerical magic in order to metagame. I trust these things have been corrected and are not able to be done?

The only way I would see any disguised undead being sensed would be if they're healed, where a negative reaction would rise because it would conflict with the magic that kept them alive. "Taint-sensing" still doesn't make sense to me, though.

-snip-

idk about the whole "creator cleric" origin came from bit as its Toov lore that no one really knows. I plan to make actual creator lore to explain where this magic comes from (hopefully) but this is going off of already pre-existing magic.

As for the taint sensing, I only used it once on joe_blackman and that was when I was under the impression you could. I physically touched him and did little but sense an issue with it being another force against mine of light. However, I believe 100% you should be touching the other player and emoting properly, i.e. letting the light slip in and seek out the "taint" without actually harming the person. If this is wrong, than I would no longer use it. I have only done it once myself.

Still was funny making him test positive for dark art aids... jkjk ^_^

idk about the whole "creator cleric" origin came from bit as its Toov lore that no one really knows. I plan to make actual creator lore to explain where this magic comes from (hopefully) but this is going off of already pre-existing magic.

As for the taint sensing, I only used it once on joe_blackman and that was when I was under the impression you could. I physically touched him and did little but sense an issue with it being another force against mine of light. However, I believe 100% you should be touching the other player and emoting properly, i.e. letting the light slip in and seek out the "taint" without actually harming the person. If this is wrong, than I would no longer use it. I have only done it once myself.

Not sure how this would work absent the Angel of Purity, but a Priest of Tahariae can use clerical healing to heal to detect the impurity of taint by attempting to heal. If there is any taint present, some very intense agony for the tainted will result. This would likely not work with the Creator as a patron, though, given that tainted does not necessarily mean evil. Take for instance Daniel Kamura. he, for whatever reason, had taint on him the one time I performed a heal on him. Despite being an Itharel, he suffered intense agony as his flesh knit back together, rather than the usual painless fixing. Blue and Orange Morality, not Black and White.

Clerical magic is still Holy magic. Thats why Scourge are hurt by it. I cant explain daniel as he is a weird case.

You did not really address what he said about the prominent possibility of metagaming.

Supposing you did in fact have accepted an arcane healing magic after this whole debacle: what sense does it make that you could detect taint with void magic?

Moreover, healing with void magic does not seem very possible to me. Suppose I am a thirsty water evocationist, and have an empty glass. I fill it with evoked water and drink it. The moment I stop the evocation spell, the water which is now in my stomach dissipates back into the void and I am still thirsty. Whatever you summon from the void has to go back into the void: evoked fire can burn things and affect the world, but the original amount of fire itself will dissipate. In a void healing magic, would you be 'evoking' flesh? If so, it would dissapear as soon as you stop powering the spell - not a very useful method to heal. The Clerical Patrons and Aspects grant their followers power to heal, but the void is not so generous. At some time, mana out of the void = mana into the void. It does not seem clear to me how you could get a positive sum of matter that stays in the world from the void. It is allowed for fire evocation since you are not adding permanent matter to the world - in many cases you are destroying it, or transforming it from one thing to another.

There's no taint inside a Necromancer in the first place. Even Tah Clerical fire doesn't work on the mortal forms anymore, I don't see why this should. Just my opinion, doe.

Ptah, this magic was originally created by Toov (Chaquery), Sadly that lore is not available to look at so those questions go unanswered.

All I am doing is showing how this group of "Creator Clerics" broke away from what I dub the "Arcane Clerics",

They do not draw their magic from the void, they draw it from an aengul/deamon who pretends to be the creator.

Toov had it where they were originally paladins who could use fire evocation as well.

We (as in us who use it strictly as healing) did not, thus were not held back as much like Toov and his true followers do. 

Thus we are sacrificing a full connection to the void (which old creator clerics had) and our health, to create a creator based healing magic.

As for the taint thing, I confided in ski when it was happening and was misinformed. Like I said, I tried it once and that was it. If that is wrong, then I will let the others know as well. Please dont shoot the one testing "metagaming" waters when they were unaware it wasnt allowed.

Someone told me that the Creator is RPly dead, but it could just be some lil'kid troliing me..................................