[Guild] The Gold Lion - Auvergne Adventurers

Bangi

The Gold Lion

Gardiens de L'espoir de Lion D'or

Est: 27th Frosts Maiden, 1457

7f522c5bdf5b3d1f9f78fc4161bc0d5e_zps0c41

All for one, and one for all.

The Foundation

An idea, born out of reflection of the past, and hope for the future. Founded by a man, less than honourable. The Gold Lion, an attempt to follow a more desirable path. Emile Marion, leaning over his balcony and staring out to the night sky ablaze with stars. The thought, that perhaps he could do something with his skills from over the years, something more than his past. Yet also, something for others to find hope in, something he was sure plenty could relate to. He took many principles of his previous Family, and threw it in a cooking pot with this idea of hope. Yet many other things went in this pot, memories of his father, stories of old. Stories of Auvergne. He stood silent, looking behind him to see his adopted daughter hijacking his bed yet again. And he nodded, to himself, he knew what he must do. And so he proceeded to his table, where he drew up the first documents of The Gold Lion.

Goals

Main Goal:

The primary objective of The Gold Lion is to create a family environment. Born on principles of Loyalty, unconditional love, to all brothers and sisters. Hope, for the future of the individual, and for the future of the group, as a whole. And Respect, honor the differences between yourself, and others. Disagree if you wish, but do not disrespect, and be able to tell the difference between the two. Learn from each other, thrive with each other. Most importantly, love each other, no matter how much you truly hate each other. However, these are not rules, simply guidelines.

Secondary Goals:

The minor preservation of Auvrgenian culture, to keep alive an old culture for just a while longer. While we pride ourselves on many Auvrgenian principles, we do accept people of non-auvrgenian descent. However The Gold Lion should go out of it’s way to defend, or assist any Auvrgenian person in need.

Seeking of adventure in all forms, taking contracts, hunting treasure, fighting beasts. To head out in to the world and create bonds with comrades through trials of battle. Experiencing more in life then certain others could say about themselves.

Ranks

Grand Maître: The leader of The Gold Lion, this person maintains structure and handles the final decision in discipline. However, The Gold Lion runs on a council system as well, all Gardiens have a vote in the operations of the group. The Grand Maitre is more or less, a figure head, he/she makes decisions, yet must respect the opinions of the Gardiens.

Gardien:  Gardiens are the Brothers/Sisters of The Gold Lion. These people are the lifeblood of the group, they decide what they will be doing next. Each Gardien works on his/her own agenda, though others are encouraged to assist on whatever project the others are working on. Gardiens choose whether or not to accept a contract, and they each hold a vote in council. They can each have a Garde, a ward to train. This is considered full membership of The Gold Lion, and each person is given a Rapiere, and a gold ring inscribed, “All for one, and one for all.

Initier: The Initier, or initiate is someone who hasn’t yet become a Gardien. They have yet to prove themselves, and must do so before joining officially. They must do whatever the Gardiens/Grand Maitre tells them to, without question. Only by getting through these trials shall someone join The Gold Lion.

Garde:  A ward of a Gardien. These are young people, who have come to train under one of the Gardiens, so they may too become a Gardien in the future. It is preferred these folk are younger in age.

Awards

The Gold Lion: Given to any man or woman who ascends to the position of Gardien, and is of Auvrgenian descent. The awardee receives a personalized trinket in the shape of The Gold Lion insignia.

The Honorary Lion: Given to any man or woman who ascends to the position of Gardien, and is not of Auvrgenian descent. This award doesn’t have a material form.

The Valiant Lion: A medallion, in the shape of a gold shield, with rapiers crossing each other on it’s front. The medal is attached to a blue ribbon, with a gold stripe. This medal is given to a man or woman of valor, someone who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in battle.

The Gentle Lion: This award is given to any man or woman of true gentry. Someone who has shown themselves to be noble, honorable, respectful and so on. This person has a suave way of speech, and a charisma like no other. They are polite, even in the most heated of arguments. The award for this is a specialized golden pocket sun dial.

The Red Lion: A red dragon shaped medallion, given to those who fought in the war against Setherien.

Weapon Of Choice

AH-3324_zps7470ae5e.png

The word "rapier" generally refers to a relatively long-bladed sword characterized by a complex hilt which is constructed to provide protection for the hand wielding it. While the blade might be broad enough to cut to some degree (but nowhere near that of the wider swords in use around the Middle Ages), the long thin blade lends itself to thrusting. A typical example would weigh 1 kilogram (2.2 lb) and have a relatively long and slender blade of 2.5 centimetres (0.98 in) or less in width, 1 metre (39 in) or more in length and ending in a sharply pointed tip. Rapiers were often employed with off-hand daggers, cloaks and even second swords to assist with defense.

Rules and Guidelines

1. Be respectful of your Brothers/Sisters, the Gardiens.

2. Treat your sword with care.

3. Seek out adventure.

4. Assist the people of Auvergne.

5. Hold battle with honor, and respect.

((More to be added))

Members

Grand Maitre Emile Marion

Gardien Damien Marion.

((I've removed inactive Initiers. If you are still active we have moved, PM me.))

Benefits

Members/initiates shall receive, a room.

Free food.

A sword.

Free alcohol.

Free armor.

Companionship.

Other items depending on rank.

Popular Terminology

Allons! - Let’s go!

Tous pour un, Un pour tous - One for all, and all for one

Monsieur - Mister

Sœur - Sister

Mademoiselle - Miss, maid

Mon dame - My lady

Mon seigneur - My lord

Frère - Brother

Epee - Sword/Rapier

Rapiere - Rapier

Recruitment

((Copy/Paste in to comments))

Respected Grand Maitre;

I would like to humbly request a chance to become a member of  The Gold Lion. Please look over the documentation below, and get back to me at your leisure.

Desired method of joining: ((Garde or Initier))

Auvrgenian Ancestry? ((Yes/No))

Purpose for joining? ((Explain))

((Ooc:

Mcname:

Skype name: ))

Sincerely, ((Firstname Lastname))

The  Seal of The Gold Lion

lion_zpsa8bc5212.png

((Very well done, I won't lie. I look forward to seeing these Lions.))

Respected Grand Maitre;

I would like to humbly request a chance to become a member of  The Gold Lion. Please look over the documentation below, and get back to me at your leisure.

Desired method of joining: ((Garde or Initier)) Initier.

Auvrgenian Ancestry? ((Yes/No)) Nae, I'm of strong Adunian blood.

Purpose for joining? ((Explain)) Two words. Free. Alcohol.

((Ooc:

Mcname: TapeSauce ((You know me bb boo))

Skype name: )) sirfoxwolf

Sincerely, ((Firstname Lastname) Bërich

Damien looks over one of the documents, thinking "Hmmm... meh, why not." and begins to write up an application

Respected Grand Maitre;

Desired method of joining: Garde

Auvrgenian Ancestry? I think so.

Purpose for joining? Because I'm bored and don't like being pushed around by older people

((Ooc:

Mcname: jonhan2

Skype name: you already got it ))

Sincerely, Damien Marion VonSclichten 

((Thread has been updated with new info, all applications so far have been accepted.))

{{Goodjob, good writing and great concept!}}

House Valois officially recognizes The Gold Lions as the official banner force of the house.

((Thread updated with language tips.))

Young Damien struts around the towns of Oren, showing off his tabard and tells the kids he spots about the possibility of becoming a Garde.

Guest Grey

Drake shrugs, asking himself

"Oh why not eh."

Respected Grand Maitre;

Desired method of joining: ((Garde or Initier)) It makes no diffrence to me

Auvrgenian Ancestry? ((Yes/No)) Since I'am a Mali'Ker, probably not.

Purpose for joining? ((Explain)) Well, I'am quite bored, once more sekking out adventure combat and protection isn't all that bad anymore, anyhow,I do not know the way to your hold, so you'll have to point that out to me.

((Ooc:

Mcname: spartansoldier8

Skype name: spartansoldier8 (I think :I) ))

Sincerely, Vuln

Respected Grand Maitre;

Desired method of joining: Garde!

Auvrgenian Ancestry? I don't know..Probably not.

Purpose for joining? I need more adventures! Plus, I'm getting really bored just sitting around..

((Ooc:

Mcname: angelgirlx617

Skype name: shadowgirl390 ))

Sincerely, Karelleth Syleth-Crowley

Respected Grand Maitre;

Desired method of joining: Garde!

Auvrgenian Ancestry? I don't know..Probably not.

Purpose for joining? I need more adventures! Plus, I'm getting really bored just sitting around..

((Ooc:

Mcname: angelgirlx617

Skype name: shadowgirl390 ))

Sincerely, Karelleth Syleth-Crowley

Your application has been accepted, please find us at the Valois estate in Kaldonia.

Emile Marion.

((Thread updated))

Andras sits on the ground, muttering about how the guild seems to do nothing anymore.. Why is that?