The Town Of Kaphro

Garrett

-Advertisements are slapped up against random billboards across Oren.-

The Humble Trade Town of Kaphro

Introduction

Ah, the Humble Town of Kaphro! Bustling once again, as always!

Over by the odd-looking eyesore of a tower you see Viktor, fondly referred to everyone as ‘Bossman’, reprimanding the quiet serving girl Elizabeth on many magical cures one can derive from the essence of potatoes! See Viktor for any business-stuff!

In the Tavern you hear a roar of laughter. The peasant men, including the Chorster Brothers and the drunkards, Gregor and Brutur, make jokes about which of them was most likely to seduce the Princess. In the corner you see Marcellus, the pious masked mage-hunter in charge of the town’s protection, mumbling to Kincaid and Icerit about being certain the palisade had spikes on it ‘just long enough to please a maid’.

Job Listings

Guardsmen

We need Guards! Even though we've certainly never had any issues with any sort of bandits or necromancers, we think it's important to keep up appearances! We aren't responible for any on-the-job injuries.

Salesmen

Salesmen (and I guess elves, if they behave), are of course a very important part of any trade society. As a result, becoming a salesman earns you one sack of potatoes! You’ll also receive a commission for what you sell! Isn’t that wonderful?!

Farmers

Here in our mushroom-ridden land, the soil is infertile, and some may consider it even poisonous! Not to mention we’re pretty sure our irrigation water is just the runoff from Oren’s towns! As a result, we are hiring anyone who can hold a hoe, because here we believe in giving everyone a fair chance!

Lumberjacks

Wood! We like wood, you like wood, and I’m sure you would like to cut some wood! Careful though, most of our axes are pretty rusty, so be careful! It might break and then you might cut yourself, and I’m pretty sure we don’t have the medical training to fix that!

Miners

Everyone knows that since too much minas was magically created by the skygods, the entire economic function they were supposed to serve has been completely destroyed. Therefore, iron is where it’s at! And for iron, we need miners! Dwarves will have required periodic beard inspections.

Tradesmen

Blacksmiths, potters, masons, architects, carpenters, tailors, and men and women of all sorts of trades; we need money! If you like putting things together and selling them, we can help you with that, so long as you pay the outrageous potato tax!

The Humble Trade Town of Kaphro is located just down the road towards Oren from the Fringe Portal (Cave). Just step off the temple platform and turn left! At the end of the tunnel there’ll be a sign pointing out the directions from there! Free mug of ale for every first-timer!

Brutur Bellows hears the grunt form outside the tavern, he takes this as a challenge and lets out a primal, guttural grunt in response. Then he takes a sip of his ale and watches the young boy, Copper, attempt to finish his tenth push-up. "That's enough fer today boy, I need tah refill my drink and I'll tell ya about the time I saved tha whole army from a giant spider." He says.

Elizabeth crouches down on the grass of her flower bed, she stares down making sure not to kneel on any of her beloved flowers. She slowly begins to trim the excess leaves off of the small rose bush, while humming a small tune.

"Flowergirl! Ya would never believe who I just rescued." She looks up from the petals and focuses her gaze upon Brutur, noticing the wooden mug held in his hand loosely and crumbs of bread in his beard. She sighs and continues to work as he recites his grand adventure. She looks up once more only to wrinkle her nose as she watches him pick crumbs out of his beard and eat them. She slowly begins to work once more unaware of him walking away.  

Elizabeth slowly stands herself up and pats the dirt off of her dress just in time to hear Viktor shout, "Flowergirl! Customers are here!" She lets out a small breath of air and closes her eyes for a few moments before quietly shuffling to the entrance of the tavern.

Ayissari keeps quiet in the tavern, sittingat one of the corner tables. She'd have her bothe elbows on the table and her hands cuffed together infront of her mouth. Her eyes flickering over people of interest that step into the inn.

iq26jLw.png

Tharoon walks through town thoroughly enjoying his time there, pulling out a pipe he begins to smoke some cactus. "Good, adventurous people here" he murmurs to himself before heading off to the Inn.

Ayche wipes his brow as he enters the inn, exhausted from a long day of being drained by necromancers and scaring the piss out of Copper. He hangs his dirtied coat on a peg by the door, taking a seat by Ayissari. Silently, he curses the soil for the thousandth time.

Copper sits on a rock next to a small wooden shack a little ways away from the white ground town, throwing small knives at a target carved on the old planks. He sighs, contemplating his conversation with Gregor and his outbursts to Ayche. He'd told him far too much. Not only that, but Viktor was still far from impressed with his "scavenging" loot. He throws another knife with a thunk into the wood and grunts in a style he'd seen Brutur grunt and a clattering comes from inside. "Hey! You! Get away from my house!" a local yells as Copper hops up and takes off with the man's coin bag jingling in his pocket. 

*A new, smaller post is slapped up just below its larger brother.*

The Trade Town of Kaphro is now looking to hire an experienced and loyal soldier to act as the personal guard for a high priority member of town! Inquire by stopping by town or by sending a messenger! Food, housing, armor, weapons, and housing will all be provided! What an amazing deal!

Charley reads Chorster Brothers. Swells with pride.

Marcellus laughs alone at the gate to the Town, staring at the mounted heads of those whom have attempted to harm his charge.

"Perhaps I should start inviting bandits, I grow bored."

Gregor approaches the post, unbuttoning his trousers. He begins to urinate on the post, attempting to read the sign as he does so. He gets to his name and smirks. "So tha's 'ow yer spell moi naime... Huh." He decides that the rest is too long and wordy to be worth his time, so he finishes up with his business and goes back to faming. He whistles a merry drinking tune about scrumpy as he tills the soil for a new carrot patch.

Leonitius of Roiye would take a seat next to his father Marcellus, arms crossed as they converse topics of heretic mages, good wine and and fine woman in low voices.

A note has been pinned under the town advertisement.

n1LiDVy.png

Standing tall in front of the noticeboard is Heial, a frequent visitor of the town, folding his arms and smirking at the poster.

"Bad move. Time to write some letters."