Slayde Character Profile

V0idsoldier

((This is a WIP piece and changes may still be made. History and bio come at a later date))

1_zpsa7a39e9f.png

Age: Retains the youthful look of a 25 year old, while being himself 52

Race: Human

2_zpsba6cc06e.png

Height: 5'10

Weight: 155 lbs

Body Type: He retains a toned body that is not over muscular. He is of average stature.

Eyes: Onyx. 

Hair: Jet black

Skin: Varies from pasty white to slightly tanned

Markings/Tattoos: He carries a particular few gruesome scars from his years of fighting. His face has several blade marks on it, none too particularly noticeable, while his back, chest, and most of his body is nigh mutilated. Scars from whippings, blade marks, and minor burns litter his body. Underneath his right glove is a very intricate 'dragon' looking 'tattoo' etched out in deep black with a red tint. He keeps it hidden, though it wraps fully around his lower forearm, wrist, and centers on his palm. If observed carefully it almost seems pulsing

Health: Ranges from sickly to extremely healthy. Depending on his status he seems to be above average in terms of health

Personality: Slayde has adopted a unique personality throughout his life, he has learned that few are to be trusted. He is weary with who he aligns with, and very rarely will seek out the comfort of others. He is content being alone, in fact he thrives in it. Even when placed amongst a group he will seek to handle things on his own. He is forward with his thoughts, and if he feels something he will likely tell you. He doesn't care about the petty drama incited through words for he has seen first hand the real atrocities the world has to offer. He is strategic in all regards although he would rather fight than talk things out. He is not a brute, though he is animalistic in nature.

Inventory: Carries around a skinning knife on his left side, on his right side is a intricate set of blades. A parrying dagger lies beneath a light weight bastard sword. He has been known to fight with one or both, using the dagger for surprise strikes and parrying. The rest of his kit is rather simple, he carries a water skin he keeps topped off, various rations, a leather set of armor, a bow, arrows, and various tools. 

3_zpsfb4c771d.png

Alignment*: He ranges from Chaotic Neutral to Chaotic Evil. He has various traits of both. He is not sadistic though he has grown numb to the killing of others. Having to literally kill for a living has made him grow cold. He considers those he hunts as animals, often using the excuse "I have to hunt" in order to depart and feed the terrible curse bound to him. 

Deity*: He worships no one.

Religion: N/A

Alliance/Nation/Home: Currently aligned to 2-11 Mercenary company 

Job/Class: Hunter, leather-worker, contractor, killer. 

Title(s): N/A

Profession(s): Leather Worker, contractor

Special Skill(s): He is particularly skilled with his dual blade style, using his bastard sword to do heavy blocks and long slashes while using his dagger to lightly parry blows and go for lethal stab marks. He has grown accustomed to using his dagger more than anything, often times sneaking up on the prey he hunts. He has been trained through the years in the art of stealth, understanding how to stalk prey without alerting it. 

Flaw(s): Slayde has many flaws to him. He is shadowed by a dark past and foreshadowed by a darker future. He is scarred mentally and physically, and this shows in his personality. He is withdrawn and cold. If he has not fed upon prey after 2 days he will begin to get rather sickly. Having his own blood drained causes him to be weak and vulnerable. Because of this he likes to keep a reserve of blood on him. He is not particularly skilled in anything other than killing, and most of his experience is in melee range thus he has a huge weakness in the form of any ranged attack and magic. Magic would be his largest weakness as he has minute knowledge on the subject, this has caused a inbred hate of mages in Slayde

4_zps5993e88d.png

Parrying dagger

8_zps44a8eb02.jpg

Bastard sword

7_zpsac66ed36.jpg

Artwork: I would best place Slayde under the category of a younger looking Daud. He has the same jaw line and various similar qualities of Daud, though he simply looks younger due to the curse that has taken him.

6_zpsad78fd67.png

daud_by_shalizeh-d6obup6.jpg

daud_by_nateyou-d6ldo4m.jpg

Wait...he feeds on blood to keep sustained, is 50-something and looks 25, considers those he kills as prey...umm, I didn't know vampires were accepted? Lemme search in the lore.

Vampires aren't accepted but the imp parasite is. And it's his lore as well.

If Im not mistaken, there is some concept art of Daud where he looks younger.

Is it this one? I searched extensively for any younger looking versions of Daud. I found some fan art on a child version of Daud. After searching again I found this one and it fits my description much better.

daud_by_shalizeh-d6obup6.jpg