A Ranger Guild

oblivionsbane

OOC Explanation

Hey everyone reading this. I have decided to start up a ranger guild since there isn't really one currently, and there hasn't really been a normal non-Adunian based ranger guild in a while. I don't have an actual "name" for it yet, since the location I am scoping out doesn't really have a name itself, and we aren't going to be single race based.

I am loosely basing it on the Rangers of the North from LotR, aka the Dunedain. I am also going to have several elements from my personal character along with a few other twists. There probably won't be a set uniform for a little while, more of a dress code of cloak, tunic, boots and whatever else your character would think would be good for survival. Equipment wise you would need to know or be willing to learn how to use a conventional bow(crossbows aren't allowed since they don't fit the theme), sword, and possibly spear and knife.

The guild itself is going to revolve around three things: Archery, survival, and ranger RP. I will teach archery and how to emote loading and firing a bow the proper way(This is going to be mainly an archery guild.) Survival means hunting, identifying and harvesting herbs, tracking and otherwise simple things to keep you alive. Finally the broader one, ranger RP. This is the one that usually decides exactly how your ranger guild ticks, and I am going to have this go the traditional route. We will not be a combat guild, but an adventure guild. We will consider it our job to protect the forest and land around us from blight and "evil." That basically means fighting monsters, exploring, and just adventuring around. This is a brand new world with a lot of strange secrets, so I think it could be fun.

When I first joined I got into a ranger group and absolutely loved it. I want new and old players to be able to experience it like I did. Having a small group that will be there to support you is always a nice thing to have. I guess when you get down to it, you could basically say this is an adventure and  tight knit brotherhood style guild. If you are interested or like the sound of this I hope you think about taking part in it.

*Small fliers are spread and nailed about with some neat writing and a small crude map.*

"Dear reader, I, Mark Lander, am attempting to form a group of marksmen and ones wishing to learn the way of the bow and the woodsman. If that may interest you, then I would like you to either send me a bird with the application below filled out, or we may meet in person. I am a marksman of many years and much skill, and look forward to having peers in this art."

*A short application is then listed with sufficient space left for answers.*

((What is your MC username?))

What is your name?

What race and sub-race are you?

Are you a man or a woman?

How old are you?

What training with a bow and other related skills have you had?

Are you willing to become a helpful member of the community being formed?

What skills or trades do you excel in?

Are you willing to follow a dress code and the creed of the group being formed?

Finally, what exactly has led you to want to join us?

Any additional comments?

*Then, a small crude map is included with a circled area.*

FlxyzcO.png

"That is where I am considering setting up our camp. If you wish to meet me or comment on the location, please do so."

More OOC

((That region needs 5 people. I already have two counting myself and someone else, and the pillar is not a big issue. If you are another group reading this and were planning on settling down there, send me a PM so we can talk.))

((What is your MC username?)) Redpen900

What is your name? Aaron Duskwalker

What race and sub-race are you? Human

Are you a man or a woman? Man

How old are you? 25

What training with a bow and other related skills have you had? I have had no training with a bow, but I am skilled with a knife and sword.

Are you willing to become a helpful member of the community being formed? Yes I am.

What skills or trades do you excel in? Sword fighting, tracking and Mercenary work. (Kidnapping, killing or basically anything that involves dirty work.)

Are you willing to follow a dress code and the creed of the group being formed? Yes.

Finally, what exactly has led you to want to join us? I've always wanted to learn how to wield a bow, also I find that the life of a ranger would be exciting.

-Snip-

*A falcon flies down near you with a reply.* 

"It's good to have you with us. Go ahead and come on over to the camp so I can meet you in person. I assume you still have the map."

*Dean looks over the Application and the note* "So....the stories are true." *Grabs some parchment and a quill and begins writing down his information* "This should be interesting,I guess I can give it a shot."

((What is your MC username?)) leap1

What is your name?Dean Rodgers

What race and sub-race are you? Half Human and Elf Due to his parents.

How old are you? 19

What training with a bow and other related skills have you had? I've had training in the areas of stealth (using a bow,dagger,and using alchemy to knock people out if necessary) and hand to hand combat.But I have very average training as a swordman

Are you willing to become a helpful member of the community being formed? I have sadly not had a permanent home for a while well at least one with people close by so I believe being apart of a community would do some good.

What skills or trades do you excel in? Climbing,Alchemy,Hand to hand combat,Being persuasive or manipulative if I desired.

Are you willing to follow a dress code and the creed of the group being formed? I would have no problem going along with a dress code but I would at least I would like to wear my normal clothing from time to time,If its alright with you.

Finally, what exactly has led you to want to join us? I have heard many tales of a guild back in anthos in-which my grandfather was in.When I saw this I thought it would be great,Especially since I have nothing else better to do.

*In the bottom left corner is Dean's neatly written Signature*

-snip-

*A falcon flies down with a small note.*

"Hello, I am going to accept this, we can meet up some time to talk further."

Lawrence sees the flier, and wishes the Rangers of Al'ildic were still about.

Meanwhile the Al'Ildic Ranger Corps does a fine job at being around yet unnoticed.

Meanwhile the Al'Ildic Ranger Corps does a fine job at being around yet unnoticed.

The Rangers of Al'Ildic are responsible for various coups, assassinations and regimes to this very day

The Rangers of Al'Ildic are responsible for various coups, assassinations and regimes to this very day

Ryan Darkwood, a former Ranger of Al'lldic, wanders oblivious to their continuation.

ARC Captain Atlas rubs his hands together and laughs maniacally

as the Corps continues down the path of world domination!

ARC Captain Atlas rubs his hands together and laughs maniacally

as the Corps continues down the path of world domination!

"Your all edgy." Says Merit as he looks at the poster.

((What is your MC username?)) youlovesocks
What is your name? Bobby
What race and sub-race are you? Human, just human
How old are you? 23
What training with a bow and other related skills have you had? Minimal training with a bow, but exceptional survival skills.
Are you willing to become a helpful member of the community being formed? Yes
What skills or trades do you excel in? Survival. I have a stomach of steel! Also, I'm a good builder, but can hardly ever muster the time to get my hands dirty with a hammer and nail.
Are you willing to follow a dress code and the creed of the group being formed? Maybe on the dress code, sure on the creed.
Finally, what exactly has led you to want to join us? i wanna be a badass ranger

Any additional comments? no